gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 05:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Great Ayton Quarry Trails  (Read 144196 times)

scott250

Re: Great Ayton Quarry Trails
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2008, 11:22 PM »
That last pic looks like Lodgietech to me.  I have a couple of weeks off at xmas, going to try get over- been a while since I've been up the quarry.

paulgray

« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Old and new, not taken from quite the same spot, but look how its changed in 25 years.

paulgray

« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2008, 06:31 PM »
That last pic looks like Lodgietech to me.  I have a couple of weeks off at xmas, going to try get over- been a while since I've been up the quarry.

I was up there a couple of days ago, nearly froze to death, ground was rock'ard, need ur ice tyres on bud  ;D

mikebmx92

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2008, 07:47 AM »
it is immpossible up ther during the frost... more chance of riding than digging haha

mightymini

« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2008, 07:09 PM »
its what made ayton great. you lads are doing a nice bit of diggin up there, went up today before seeing this thread expecting it to be run down, total opposte the place looks awsome and you have some great plans. ;)

Maccaz

« Reply #255 on: December 14, 2008, 07:18 PM »
only a week till im home for 6 weeks. wahey! some serious diggin/riding will be done.

nigel hutton

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2008, 06:58 PM »
get ya sel a spade put on ya santa list,after a lazy term at uni your gonna do some work when ya home.went up with jack yesterday had a good digging sesh with jack then paul came up later.i,ve made the other berm bigger the one that leads you into the small rythem section banged it all down to try and stop the rain washing it all away,still needs some more on top.i thought it would be good to have it taller so we can get more speed out of it to hit the rythem.put a few barra loads on the inside berm we are making inside the new massive one its gonna be sweet.gonna start clearing the old berm out asap got two weeks over crimbo wanna have it finished by then then a double jump over the back of excisting berm .trying to make the flow better for next year. get digging cheers AQL

paulgray

« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2008, 03:33 PM »
WHAT'S THIS?!!  >:(

GRRRRR!!!

AARRRGGGGH!!!!

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME  :knuppel2:

Same chav on a crosser that I had words with about a month ago and three mates, they scarpered when they saw me  :2gunsfiring_v1:

scott250

« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Its what happens when you build tabletop jump, haha.  We learned that years ago, why do you think Mike makes doubles so big, haha.  Mind you I have seen some one on a Xer jump the old big set.  Turn them into mid sized doubles Paul and they wont come back.  Keep one warmup tabletop jump for me though eh :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:20 PM by scott250 »

mightymini

« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2008, 09:04 PM »
they want there bike throwing down a mine shaft.

keiththompson

« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Would it be possible to repair or replace those post entering the quarry.

nigel hutton

« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2008, 12:56 PM »
we need those twats out there from linden grove i phoned the coppers but there a waste ta space bastards.we do need those gates to the quarry fixing asap.

paulgray

« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Would it be possible to repair or replace those post entering the quarry.

we need those twats out there from linden grove i phoned the coppers but there a waste ta space bastards.we do need those gates to the quarry fixing asap.

The only place that a barrier would be effective is next to the white gate near the main road. Anywhere else and they would be able to find a way round it.

:tickedoff: on
You're right about the cops. First time I reported him the coppers it went like this :-

ME - "I want to report a lad on a crosser in Ayton quarry, he's ridden up the main road with no helmet tax or insurance and now he's tearing about the woods and quarry like a lunatic, it national trust land and part of the national park and theres a big sign that says no motorcycles"

COPPER - "Sorry mate we don't chase off road bikers'

ME (annoyed) - "OK, I'll make a citizens arrest, how long will it take you to get here?"

COPPER - "What you gonna arrest him for?"

ME (taken aback) - "Well how about riding up the road with no helmet, no TAX, no licence plate and no insurance ?"

COPPER - "You can't arrest him for that"

ME (disbelief) - "What! I'm sure that if I rode my bike (GSXR) on the road with no helmet you'd arrest me"

COPPER - "I advise you not to take any action sir, you could end up in a lot of trouble if he brings charges against you"

At this point I was gonna explode and had to hang up cause the copper was gonna get a load of abuse down his lug hole.

So in summary, a bloke is breaking the law, the coppers are to lazy to do anything about it, so I offer to do their job for them and then they warn me I could end up in trouble!!!!

:wtf: The coppers won't do anything and they won't let us do anything.

I've complained several times since and they just couldn't give a toss, to busy sittin on their lazy arses waiting for their next fat pay check.   

:tickedoff: off

Anyhow maybe we should bring this up with the national trust wardens and see what they say about a barrier?

scott250

« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Your always going to get this on any trails on land that anyone can use.  Police are useless, we all know that - I once saw two lads wearing no hemets on a posibly nicked motorbike bounce off a curb in the daytime past a police car and up the other curb and then go along a path.  The copper didnt even bat an eyelid, haha.  Do what Dan did when some mouthly lad tried to cause trouble up the quary one year and just lamp the xer lad in the jaw, haha.  One year some prick hammered some nails in some wood and dug it into the landing of the big set :Aresehole:  lucky we seen it before anyone landed on it.

Unfortunalty, we share this world with nobs who like to trash things without even putting the effort of building jumps themselves.

paulgray

« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Wouldnt that jeapordise the whole area?  They might say no more trails and jumps at all!  Maybe you could get the national trust people to call the piggy pig piggers about the mx bikes and they might listen to them?

The NT know about the trails, which by the way pre-date the NT ownership of the land, and so long as we keep them happy things should be OK. The lads on the crosser don't come up because of the trails so closing the trails would not stop them. I know the NT do not want motorcycles on the land as it's a designated wildlife area and the surrounding woods are popular with walkers, but they won't know what's going on if we don't tell them. If they are aware they might put up a barrier, hell we could volunteer to help them do it. A barrier is the only effective measure available.

Your always going to get this on any trails on land that anyone can use. 

The point is that this isn't just rough land that anyone can use. It's a NT wildlife area inside a national park and there is a sign saying no motorcycles, so they havn't got a leg to stand on. They know they shouldn't be up there but they still come coz they think they can get away with it and that pisses me off.

Unfortunalty, we share this world with nobs who like to trash things without even putting the effort of building jumps themselves.

Agreed! They got no respect  >:(

Do what Dan did when some mouthly lad tried to cause trouble up the quary one year and just lamp the xer lad in the jaw, haha. 

yea often thats the best solution    :2gunsfiring_v1: :daumenhoch:

God I was so tempted, but I'm not looking to harm the lad, I just want to find a solution, not start a war  :laugh:

keiththompson

« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Off topic, but all the best to present and former Quarry users. Have a good Crimbo and hope the new year brings a vintage quarry season with plenty of warm sunny days for riding and digging ;)

paulgray

« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Off topic, but all the best to present and former Quarry users. Have a good Crimbo and hope the new year brings a vintage quarry season with plenty of warm sunny days for riding and digging ;)

Cheers Keith, and the same to you and everyone else out there  :daumenhoch:

nigel hutton

« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2008, 06:36 PM »
waste of time saying the national trust will sort it there never around .we do need  that barrier at the main gate to nip this in the bud.if we look at it its very rare that it happens we need to be up there regular and fook em off .it,s easy to say give em a bat that works with townies but locals come back when we arn,t there and fook the jumps cause it,s on there doorstep it,s easy for em to do during the day when they get there lazy dole arses out of bed. a simply barrier at the main gate and more diggers been up there more  will do the trick.we get the odd doyle thats life there was one up yesterday ,started riding over the berm i was working on then telling me filling in a couple of gaps was shite!!!!he was told!!!
on the subject of table tops we do need a few for the younger riders to get confidence up to jump the gaps so the no table top argument is a no go for me.we have always had em and always will .i,m up digging tomorrow can,t wait for spring all the best to everyone cheers AQL

paulgray

« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2008, 05:42 PM »
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Berm

from Paul and Nige

The old second berm is well on the way to being fully restored  :daumenhoch:

mightymini

« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2008, 08:56 PM »
sweet  :daumenhoch: opens even more uo at that end.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2008, 09:00 PM »
must be 8 yrs since i was up there on me mtb

doin a good job lads

may have to pop up 1 weekend when your all gonna b there

russ :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

mightymini

« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2008, 09:04 PM »
yeh ya need to do that russ. i think nigel never leaves. sleeps in his barrow with a shovel for a pillow. ;D

nigel hutton

« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2009, 10:43 AM »
all the best to everyone make 09 a great trails year. the only problem is getting my internet connection when i,m tucked up in my barrow up the quarry i,ll have to get one of those boosters jobbies.i just love going to the trails and creating something to ride ,i feel real at home up there.alot think i,m mental but i,m lovin it as much now as 20 odd years ago. have a great year AQL

keiththompson

« Reply #273 on: January 01, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I was up the quarry on the 29th walking the dog. Must have missed you again if you were there on the 30th.
Good to see the old 2nd berm been re-vamped. Is the old 1st berm having the same work done ( I was looking at it when I was up there (though it would need a slight alteration to go around part of the death pack.

Dont take this the wrong way (and it prob doesnt count as I am more or less an ex-quarryman), but some of the jumps and berms dont seem to line up, unless plans are already down on paper. But looking at some of the trails here on t'internet, everything seems to run from one thing to the next smoothly where the quarry is a bit higgledy piggledy at the moment. Again nowt to do with me but it would be a good idea to have a meeting up there and decide what to build and where (if a plan isnt been done already).

Well, Im off work still until monday, so if anyone is going up this Friday/weekend let me know and Ill see if I can put in an hour of 2 of barrow pushing.

Keep it up :daumenhoch:

paulgray

« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I was up the quarry on the 29th walking the dog. Must have missed you again if you were there on the 30th.
Good to see the old 2nd berm been re-vamped. Is the old 1st berm having the same work done ( I was looking at it when I was up there (though it would need a slight alteration to go around part of the death pack.

First berm could be difficult as there is an old tunnel right behind it that we never knew about  :-\

Big moles round these parts  ::)

Dont take this the wrong way (and it prob doesnt count as I am more or less an ex-quarryman), but some of the jumps and berms dont seem to line up, unless plans are already down on paper. But looking at some of the trails here on t'internet, everything seems to run from one thing to the next smoothly where the quarry is a bit higgledy piggledy at the moment. Again nowt to do with me but it would be a good idea to have a meeting up there and decide what to build and where (if a plan isnt been done already).

Keep it up :daumenhoch:

Dont you know? they jump round corners these days  :uglystupid2:

Things that are outta line are gonna get changed so that link properly, got a lot of digging to do yet.

Right gonna get my spade and go help Nige ... 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Great Ayton Quarry Trails

gfxgfx
gfx gfx