gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 03:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New Dialled Bikes Frames
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Dialled Bikes Frames  (Read 17470 times)

thecrooch

Re: New Dialled Bikes Frames
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 10:09 PM »
What colour you going for James?    mine is with SBD this week,  just ordered the powder... cant wait.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:17 AM by Crooch »

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 10:21 PM »
:) Very tempted,but can`t really justify a new frame yet.Plus my current Dialled refuses to break!

You'll probably break yourself before you break your MX20, James.  If it's tough enough for Tuffs, it's tough enough for just about anyone.

Triple Jump Take 1 (rimmer!):  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-s1FQuYMg&feature=related

Triple Jump Take 2 (dialled!):  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_sRKbVeK4&feature=related

JT71

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 11:30 AM »
has anyone ever used a dialled frame in a skate park? i mane the 20" trail/race frame?

just wondered how the geometry differed and what's the weight was like.

cos to be honest i don't need a new frame but if i was going to get one then i'd quite like something a bit unusual.

dialledbikes

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I don't think people have used the MX20 frame as out and out park/street frames, JT, but a number of riders like Antony Tuffs, Digger Wetherelt and Joey Gough have used them as all round race, trail and park/street frames.  There were 100 of the production MX20s and as far as I'm aware, nobody has broken one yet.

Joey Gough bent a prototype MX20 I made for her which had thinner tube walls, but that was the result of a 20ft high eject the bike incident and it came straight down onto the front wheel and deformed the top and down tubes where they meet the head tube.

I never bothered to weigh an MX20 frame but Ride did and I think they said it was 0.2lbs heavier than the S&M RV that was in the same issue, so probably around 5.25/5.5lbs.

The new (racier) version which is unimaginatively named MX20R (R for race/Reynolds 853) weighs 4.5lbs without paint.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 12:00 PM »
This will probably appeal more to the younger riders (but I'll post it here as well so people can spread the word/tell their kids) but I've now added some additional info to the site about the "Dialled Bikes Support Team" which I'll be setting up to coincide with the launch of the new frames.

Shiners was going to do something similar with SE Racing last year though the bike shops but nothing came of it, anyway i've got enough on my plate  :LolLolLolLol:

hudu

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Mike. How long is the back end on the MX20R with the 22" TT?

..can't find owt on the site.

dialledbikes

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Alright Phil.  It's around 14.3"-14.5".

There's only about 3 left/not ordered yet.

hudu

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Alright Phil.  It's around 14.3"-14.5".

There's only about 3 left/not ordered yet.

When is the delivery date if I get in on that batch?

...and can you give me a fuller spec? angles and shit, brake lug types, colours available?

I feel like putting my money into the pocket of someone with BMX soul.  :Great_Britain:

dialledbikes

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Phil, the frames set sail for the UK last week so should be here in 4-6 weeks.

I've sent you a PM.

hudu

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 11:31 PM »
Phil, the frames set sail for the UK last week so should be here in 4-6 weeks.

I've sent you a PM.

Aha!

Replied to PM and then landed here to read this.  :)

Put my name on one...and check your PM for detail/wish list.

Cheers bro.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Got James's Cruiser frame back from SuperBikeDan's today.  Superb job from PWS and can't wait to build it up.  Here's a pic James took Waiting for Chris King headset to come in from GROOVE and Sinz chromo forks from Mike plus a couple of other bits and then it's build time.  Saw a sample of Crooch's paint - wow!!  When do we see it Simon??  Humps

PS:  James's looks pure white but it's not, it's actually creamy white.   And yes, it's being built in Matt's bedroom as he's not at home to use it!!  :coolsmiley:

dialledbikes

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 08:21 PM »
That looks very nice Alan.  Another quality job from Dan.

Should be able to bring the forks to Daggers on Sunday if I can shake yet another cold/flu!  F'king snow!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 09:45 PM »
if I can shake yet another cold/flu!

Have you informed the Guinness Book of Records about the number of illnesses you've had this winter??   :daumenhoch: You must be in with a record-breaking chance Mike!!   :D Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Im keeping it under wraps - ive shown a couple of people including Mike and i think its safe to say you wont forget it after you've seen it...its sort of my tribute to BADBMX

Ive just had the Headset and BB refaced just waiting on my wheels to be built for this weekend and a snap chainring is on its way over the pond as we speak....

Then you can all see.....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 09:50 AM »
I'm going to be running out of colour choices at this rate when mine arrives. :( :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07 AM »
I'm going to be running out of colour choices at this rate when mine arrives. :( :LolLolLolLol:

How about a nice shade of green..... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Well you've nicked my first choice so it looks like I'll be going for Yellow, but I may change my mind yet. Might get it chromed.  ;)

thecrooch

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Well you've nicked my first choice so it looks like I'll be going for Yellow, but I may change my mind yet. Might get it chromed.  ;)

that would be nice.....   to be honest if you did go for your first choice i very much doubt it would clash with mine specially if you go for the same as you have in the shop....

dialledbikes

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I'm also thinking of getting one chromed (with chrome forks and blue components), though it will probably be my 2010 race bike, as not enough time for me to sort it out for this season.

thecrooch

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 10:59 AM »
dont tell me you are retiring the Ti frame?

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04 AM »
dont tell me you are retiring the Ti frame?

I will eventually. Just fancy a new bike for next season as I've been on the Ti frame since 2006.

thecrooch

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Fair enough - whats the point in owning a bike company if you cant have a new bike!

Didnt realise you have had it that long.

dialledbikes

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Exactly mate.  Perk of the job being able to have a frame when I feel like it  ;)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Pm sent re the cruiser fame mike. Thanks!
.. now, anyone want a supercross cruiser frame??!

Lil_Humps

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 08:28 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New Dialled Bikes Frames

gfxgfx
gfx gfx