gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 02:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Redline Proline Pitboss...........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Proline Pitboss...........  (Read 1279 times)

MINI_BURNER

Redline Proline Pitboss...........
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Anyone know anything about these 16" BMX's? 

As you may be aware my sons SE Lil Ripper was stolen yesterday so I'm looking at replacing it with one of the above as it only has a 14.5" top tube against 16.5" of the Ripper.  The shorter the better for my boy as he's only 4!!

Any info will be gratefully received!!

Scotty :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

Re: Redline Proline Pitboss...........
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:57 PM »
They're probably the best 16" bikes you can get.  A lot lighter and better spec'd than the cheaper steel ones you see for £80-150.  Mind you, they are damn expensive for a 16" bike, with an rrp of around £250.  My advice would be to try and find a Micro mini, if top tube length is an issue.  Redline do an 18" wheel Micro but Shiner don't have any at the moment as far as I am aware.

proclass35

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:01 AM »
Depends what you want it for. The pitboss is perfect for street/trails, but if you want him on the track it's got to be the 18" micro. They are like rocking horse sh*t to find, and you only ever see wanted adverts for them, but there is actually one for sale over on bmxtalk at the moment, I can't believe it's not sold. My daughter is 4 and she rides one, she's raced it a couple of times and they really are the perfect size track bike for the little 'uns. Only problem is the tyres are expensive and hard to find, on the plus side though they hold their value (as you can see by the one on talk).

MINI_BURNER

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for the info guys!!

I've tried finding a Redlne Micro Mini on line but I can't find anyone selling them, any ideas guys?  Also looking at the specs the micro appears to have a longer TT than the Pitboss, or is it all down to geometry?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35 AM »
A top top bike and only 15lbs!!!!

I do wish shiners would bring this one in.

I'll see what I can do as speaking to them today. Drop me a PM if you are really serious about grabbing one.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Nice 16"'er  ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Yep, redline are bringing them in to the UK - woo hooooo.

See me if you want one fellas.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Redline Proline Pitboss...........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx