gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 10:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  QUADPAUL SOUTHERN CHAMP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: QUADPAUL SOUTHERN CHAMP  (Read 2202 times)

moomin

QUADPAUL SOUTHERN CHAMP
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Congrats on retaining the title mate, shame about the circumstances  :shocked: but the peep 1st over the line on an Old School bike was you dude, YOU ROCK  :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: QUADPAUL SOUTHERN CHAMP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:32 PM »
shame about the circumstances 

sounds like theres a good story here
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

moomin

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I cant remember the guys name but was on a Nu School Ripper, as i understand it the situation and rules were pointed out and was offered an old school ride, won the final and a dispute was rightfully made (not by an O/S rider i might add) and he was placed last, sad to see  especially as i'm 100% sure he would've still won it on Sonics bike  :wtf:

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Ols school justice system ...... you gotta luv it  :daumenhoch: Congrats Paul i'll shout you the first beer on the Old School P*** Up  :daumenhoch: oh and Southern Champ Queen & her fella ..who personally i cant stand but she is the queen .....off with his head and all that  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Congratulations mate, retained your title, Im sure I said it last year but keep the throne warm :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Congrats Buddy - couldnt happen to a nicer bloke....

That and Zippy still not beating you at a regional meeting this year.....   

bof

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Cogratulations Quadpaul.  :4_17_5:

eloopnai

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:30 PM »
well done fella  :4_17_5:

sonic-1

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 12:08 AM »
 ;) well done paul

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:55 AM »
We've had some great battles this year Paul and your a very, very deserving champion. Well done.  :4_17_5:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Gracious to the end Zipps

Both you and Quad Paul Enjoy your retirement....

QuadPaul

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Thanks All. was a shame about the circumstances but he hoo I won't complain about the result

Has been another cracking year OS racing against a GREAT bunch of friends :4_17_5:

Look forward to resuming our battles next seaon in the cruisers Zipster :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:33 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

It's going to be a classic year next year and I'm looking forward to it already.  ;)

moomin

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 06:06 PM »
We've had some great battles this year Paul and your a very, very deserving champion. Well done.  :4_17_5:

Jeez trappy, where the fook did that post come from, most unlike you  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 06:13 PM »
welldone paul   champ again   :4_17_5:

nishiki14

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Well done sir! Quality riding as usual :daumenhoch:

1s.............................looks good doesn't it?  :4_17_5:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50 PM »
hey hey hey
well done paul
mucho gratulos

rocking the #1 plate :4_17_5:

thecrooch

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 11:40 PM »
I never thought i would be envious of the actual plates but they are gorg! :smitten:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I cant remember the guys name

It was Damian Morse who was giving everyone a hard time at the last two Hersden meets - apparantly he was a bit good bitd.  Congrats to Paul on the 1s title but this does raise an issue for next year if the Old School class is accepted as a class at the Brits.  How do you check eligibility of bikes??  Do you have an "Old School only" Registration person who checks the eligibilty of the bike when the rider registers??  Or do you take the riders' word that his mount is suitable.  Unfortunately the situation isn't helped by the flexibility of Hersden wwhose interpetation of Old Skool includes anyone who is old or on an OS bike.  Definitely one to think about and bottom out.  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:18 PM »
I would have thought that the usual will apply Alan, 1" headset and caliper brakes, that`s the way it started with Alan`s old school series and nothing has really happened to change that.

Just a quick word on what happened at the Southern Champs, Damians bike was not eligible for old school racing so he was placed last, I informed him of this and he understood and was fine about it.

BTW it`s not the first time it`s happened, Dave Glendower had the same thing happen to him at one of our Rad MK meets, and even he rode on an old school bike at the Southern Champs  :shocked:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 10:39 PM »
In all honesty I think that Hersden should fall into line with the normal running of the rules for old school, but I don't run hersden and have no say so don't go shooting me down for my opinion.

However Hersden does now run a Masters class which every old guy on a new school bike would be eligible for (Dave Glendower, Damien Morse)

To be honest Damien was quick enough to have done very well in 30+ Masters at the Bay on Sunday.

mr.magoo

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Well done Paul, nice result...

in all fairness, my thoughts, for what they are worth, if a guy turns up to his first meeting with a new school ride, let him have a go, but point out the obvious (as long as its not a regional event) So at least they get a taster. Then like myself, if they enjoyed it they can then spend all their savings on a race legal steed ready for their second meeting.

Big question is, had anybody ever told Damian at his first two meetings that his ride was not legal, hence giving him a change to downgrade? If not we only have ourselves to blame?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:23 PM by mr.magoo »

nishiki14

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 07:44 PM »
There are 2 sides to every coin and you can easily see both sides of this story, I know he wasnt riding a proper oldschool bike but personally I think that if anyone had an objection to Damiens bike then it should have been before we started racing, I know alot of riders said they didnt even know till after the first race but even then nothing was said to the officials, I think the way it was handled could have been better and I think the risk of allienating a potential "new" oldschool rider could have been lessened.
Damien and myself clashed wheels at hersden (i came off worse) and ive gotta tell any of you that havnt seen this fella race................he's fookin good and would be worth havin as a South rider for next year (id gladly ride with him in the E.Anglia) :daumenhoch:
All the dude wanted to do was bring his boy racing and have a bit of fun himself, isnt that what we all want to do?

So come on Damien, get yourself a proper oldschool bike and come and join the sillyness (he'll still kick our arses) :LolLolLolLol:

DONNY R

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 07:57 PM »
GOOD POINT magoo and well said nishiki  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  QUADPAUL SOUTHERN CHAMP

gfxgfx
gfx gfx