gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mr Magoo
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mr Magoo  (Read 3863 times)

dialledbikes

Mr Magoo
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Anyone heard how Neil is?  Crash didn't look that bad but he was obviously in some discomfort.

Hey Neil, hope you're OK dude and heal as quick as you ride.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Mr Magoo
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Hope your ok mate, looked like a dislocated knee from where I was. Get well soon :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Hopefully your feeling a bit better when you read this Neil.

Looked painful to say the least.  :(

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Hope your feeling and better and the wife's not giving you too much "I told you so" :-X

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Healing vibes to you Neil from the Humps family.  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Thanks for all the healing vibes, Mike, no crash wasnt that bad, but being run over, meant my body was skating on my chest plates faster than my leg was travelling under mr rusty's back wheel :LolLolLolLol:

Dislocated, then half poped back in while i was rolling around, then back in proper when i tried to stand up, hospital weren't that bothered, once i got xray'd and they knew nothing broken it was "heres a support bandage and crutches, come back to fracture clinic a week monday to access tissue/ligament damage" didn't even offer to help me get my trousers or shoes on?

Big thanks to the guys at Hersden for the ice and the ice pops and calling the ambulance.

Thanks every one, and see you all at the bay, though not sure if i'll be riding again by then, keep you posted :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Glad to hear you`re ok Neil  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Glad you're OK mate :daumenhoch:

Tell the Mrs you got off light and not to worry :LolLolLolLol:

Since i've come back i've had a broken thumb, ribs and brain surgery so a dislocated knee is nowt  :angel: :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Does that mean the offer of your bikes that your good lady wife is now not valid.  :LolLolLolLol:

Glad your ok though mate.

Hersden can bite quite hard can't it.  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Thanks for all the healing vibes, Mike, no crash wasnt that bad, but being run over, meant my body was skating on my chest plates faster than my leg was travelling under mr rusty's back wheel :LolLolLolLol:

Ouch!  Didn't realise you'd been run over.  Just saw your bars tuck under and you go flying over the bars.

I hope this hasn't put you off Neil as you're definitely one of the fastest guys who has made a comeback this year and it will be great to see you in full flow on the track again.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17 PM »
There's a few guy's that have come back this year that are going to be very good competition for some of the more established old schoolers. Rod, Damien and Neil are all going to be up there with Sam, Tony and Simon next year.

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 09:21 PM »
No not put me off, might have a bit of an ultimatum coming, i.e. cruiser only, as wife thinks i fall off too much on old school, haven't explained that cruiser is actually faster!

Funny at the hospital, Doctor kept asking if this hurt as he was prodding me, told him it did when i did it, but generally i have a high pain threshold, so can't say it hurts, He was confussed and didn't know what to do :LolLolLolLol:

I didn't realise i'd been run over till Mr Rusty came and told me, i just thought i,d twisted my knee on the way down?

Couldn't keep me away now, getting faster and faster, and not so out of breath now. Just need to learn when to settle for not winning and when to take win or bin mentality :10_2_12:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I had a settle for second conversation with myself in the first berm when rubbing shoulders with Darren.

I figured second was better than being hurt and last.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 09:33 PM »
What was the look on the docs face when you told him you had been BMX racing :shocked:

Glad your feeling better :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37 PM »
being that i've heard they charge you if extreme sports, i changed into clean clothing and told him i was racing a mate across a field and i came off then he rode over me, did look at me a bit strange, maybe something to do with looking a whole lot older than i actually am, must've thought i was a bit weird...he was right :LolLolLolLol:

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 09:40 PM »
glad ur ok neil. a few ppl went down today ! ouch  :(
Neil

spillers#1

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about you injuring yaself neil  :( i knew it was a good idea to chill out in wiltshire  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45 PM »
i always had a motto bitd, if ya dont fall off you aint trying hard enough....maybee been trying too hard lately :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 09:49 PM »
NEIL

YA A BLOODY LOOP CASE

GLAD YOUR NOT TOO BADD MATE AND ALL MY B,DAY VIBES ARE GOIN YOUR WAY FELLS

CRUISER IS FASTER ,,SO MUCH I THINK ,,BUT THEY BE A LOT MORE STABLE AND  YOU CAN NOTICE THIS SO MUCH WHEN RACIN THAT YOU TRY HARDER AND END UP ON DECK AS MUCH

HEEL WELL MY FREIND AND WATEVER YOU DECIDE TO ,,JUST REMEMBER,,,,TRY ENJOY IT 1ST THEN GO FOR IT ONCE YOU CAN RIDE SAFE AND FAST

EASY NEIL

RUSS

mr.magoo

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Cheers Russ, it was the Hyper i binned, in an accident that was reminiscent of shinny at the olymics, just as i was about to duck under Bill, i either mis-timed it or Bill slowed and i clipped his back wheel as i turned in..

never mind, when it comes to BMX i am a few sandwiches short

Happy birthday mate.

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Yeah Neil, I think that's one thing we all learn after a few crashes that we're not as young as we used to be so we have to have a bit more self preservation.

This is my third comeback to BMX - first one in 1992 ended in smashed teeth, second one in 1997 a broken collarbone and ribs - so I do find myself holding back at times rather than risk getting injured.  It's frustrating at times, but being in a cast/not being able to ride is more frustrating.  Main thing now is having fun, riding smooth and not worrying so much about race results.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 10:10 PM »
well said mike

the magic word

f, u, n, n

try havin funn first neil ,,,,,like over the winter ,,stay off hyper ride ya cruiser ,,become 1 and   flow

after a few months ,,,wat a difference you will see

if ya want coachin my fees are reasonable ha ha ha

r :-* :-* :-*

mr.magoo

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 10:16 PM »
world war three just started at home, night all :'(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Take care mate.  ;)

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:33 PM »
neil

give your wife a big hug and send all our love to her as all the ladies and other halves are the real rad bmx stars

russ :-*

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mr Magoo

gfxgfx
gfx gfx