gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  09 Season.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 09 Season.  (Read 5020 times)

magna13

09 Season.
« on: September 13, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Hey Guys.

I Want A New Bike For The 09 Season. Something That'll Last Me A Long Time. Been Looking At A Few Bikes And Have Come Done To Deciding Between Two Bike Company's. Kuwahara And SE Racing.

Now I Was Thinking Of Getting A Kuwi As They Are Very Nice To Ride But Been Hearing Very Bad Things Like BB And Front Wheel Problems And Many Have Had To Been Sent Back To Japan. Does Anyone Know When Their 09 Range Comes Out?

And SE, Well Their PK Team 09 Is Just Gorgeous! :smitten: :smitten:... But Is £580!  :(, Was Thinking Of Getting A 08 Instead.

Help Please Guys!

Zak.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 09 Season.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Don't discount the Haro range of race bikes as they're are excellent and extremely underratted.

The top of the range Haro DB44 is an awesome bit of kit and a lot cheaper than the PK.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 12:01 PM »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:10 PM by Dingobmxer »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 12:04 PM »
 :)Redline-say no more!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:09 PM »
or one of these:-

only about £600 for the FRAME ONLY  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:

:) DINGO :)

magna13

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 01:08 PM »

Moschops

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 04:31 PM »
If the investment is to last you a long time I would consider building the bike yourself out of components you know you can trust. Some great frame deals out at the mo, Dialled MX20R launches in the spring.
Would also look at chromo for longevity.

I built my MX20 for £700.00 with virtually all new parts.

Every of the shelf bike has a compromise somewhere along the way to make them cost effective.

Best of the shelf at the mo has to be the Redline but the Kuwi is a close second, I have heard no complaints about the Lazer Lites that I know of.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 04:58 PM »
that haro is nice  :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Now I Was Thinking Of Getting A Kuwi As They Are Very Nice To Ride But Been Hearing Very Bad Things Like BB And Front Wheel Problems And Many Have Had To Been Sent Back To Japan.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt as I don't think Kuwi is even Japanese owned anymore (pretty sure the brand is owned by Aussies - same company that owns FUNN products) and the bikes aren't made in Japan, so no reason to send them back there.

I've only ever ridden a Kuwi cruiser and the head angle felt a bit steep for me.  Other than that, nicely made and kitted out bikes for the money.

However, if you want the best off the peg bike, Redline Flight Series has to be worth a look at.  The Haros are pretty good as well.  Nothing against Kuwi or SE, I just think Redline and Haro are better.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:17 PM »
My own personal opinion is that SE are trading heavily on the name and are overpriced.

magna13

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Now I Was Thinking Of Getting A Kuwi As They Are Very Nice To Ride But Been Hearing Very Bad Things Like BB And Front Wheel Problems And Many Have Had To Been Sent Back To Japan.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt as I don't think Kuwi is even Japanese owned anymore (pretty sure the brand is owned by Aussies - same company that owns FUNN products) and the bikes aren't made in Japan, so no reason to send them back there.

I've only ever ridden a Kuwi cruiser and the head angle felt a bit steep for me.  Other than that, nicely made and kitted out bikes for the money.

However, if you want the best off the peg bike, Redline Flight Series has to be worth a look at.  The Haros are pretty good as well.  Nothing against Kuwi or SE, I just think Redline and Haro are better.
Non taken. i think my choices are the redline and haro now, looks so much nicer! and i can trust a haro as i have raced many.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 09:37 PM »
My own personal opinion is that SE are trading heavily on the name and are overpriced.

couldnt fault my se ripper, one of the best bikes ive owned.

DONNY R

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:48 PM »

couldnt fault my se ripper, one of the best bikes ive owned.

cant fault my SE either :daumenhoch: great bike

BrewUK

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Haro 09 range inc the DB44 (although only limited numbers in the UK) are available from Tibbs Cycles in Canterbury too www.tibbscyclestore.co.uk... but I wouldn't expect Zippy to tell you that !!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Haro 09 range inc the DB44 (although only limited numbers in the UK) are available from Tibbs Cycles in Canterbury too www.tibbscyclestore.co.uk... but I wouldn't expect Zippy to tell you that !!!

I think I hyped Haro enough in this thread but I do draw the line at promoting a competitors shop, even if he is a mate.  :LolLolLolLol:

wolfybmx

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 09:51 PM »
mike

the kuwi is now made in taiwan but i think the company name /brand is still owned for the kuwi family. the funn conection works as their top end stuff comes with funn parts as you know. :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24 AM »
mike

the kuwi is now made in taiwan but i think the company name /brand is still owned for the kuwi family. the funn conection works as their top end stuff comes with funn parts as you know. :daumenhoch:

Yeah I know Phil, I was actually suggesting to Magna that he shouldn't necessarily believe whoever told him there were problems with Kuwis cos the information didn't sound accurate (i.e. if there were problems with frames there wouldn't be any point in sending them to Japan as they aren't made there and the company isn't run from there).  Kuwis are decent bikes, but Redline and Haro are better (and better value), imo.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  09 Season.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx