gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Race Gear, Where to Buy?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Race Gear, Where to Buy?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Race Gear, Where to Buy?
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:30 AM »
I'm about to start looking out for some new race kit for next year, not sure of colours or makes yet but are there any sites that have a good selection to choose from.?

Probably going to go for new race armor as well and would like to upgrade from the brand x kit to possibly 661 or Dianese, anyone got any feedback on these for me?

Going to get a new helmet but I'm going to stick with the Bell Moto 7 as they're light and fit comfortably.  ;)

dialledbikes

Re: Race Gear, Where to Buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Troy Lee stuff is about as good as it gets (apart from the Nike Olympic stuff but we can't have that!), so if your shop has an account with Fisher Outdoor, you can get it at trade.

se

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11 PM »
You can get some good vintage Haros on t'bay if you scout around, nice and tight in the crotch to keep you all in place  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:27 PM »
cant fault the 661 pressure suits dude, ive been no stranger to wiping out this year n its saved me each time, comfy n alot cooler than my last armour in summer and i dont find it obtrusive either.

wolfybmx

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 01:07 PM »
zippy i have some very good condition used like new race kit for sale that should fit you????????? other wise i can do troy lee, thor or fly racing etc etc

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Troy Lee stuff is about as good as it gets (apart from the Nike Olympic stuff but we can't have that!), so if your shop has an account with Fisher Outdoor, you can get it at trade.

i heard the bob haro himself designed the usa race kit for the olympics

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:16 PM »
I'll give you a ring later this week Phil.  :daumenhoch:

I take it it's Pete's old kit. If so it's the right colour, will depend on the price though.  :LolLolLolLol:

se

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Si if you need the legs taking up a bit I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine  ::)

eloopnai

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Si if you need the legs taking up a bit I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine  ::)

could you sew his mouth up as well steve im sure a lot of people would like that  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Sorry Ian can't hear you from back there.  :LolLolLolLol:

I thought i kept the verbals to a minimum this year. It'll be turned up to the max next year.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10 PM »
the Dainese Evo body jacket is brilliant - was well impressed with mine this year....

the only thing i would say about the race pants on sale are that they are all moto x pants and therefor have no shin protection, i still havent found any that you can get with built in leg protection, that said i bought Fox 180 pants and TLD pants this year and the TLD ones are hands down better than the fox.

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 07:27 AM »
Can't remember which shop it was,but a couple of weeks ago i found a shop with loads of Haro pants, and the shin padding in them was about an inch thick bitd, think they want around a hundred a time, worth it, but i cant afford that outlay, outherwise i'd deffo have a pair.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Race Gear, Where to Buy?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx