gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Gen 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Gen 1  (Read 3098 times)

nhoj

Haro Gen 1
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I don't want to get into the hoohaaa of the big post of yesterday but it opened my eyes to the status of the Haro Gen 1.

Without getting involved with that post, how much would a haro Gen 1 in a box be worth?

Obviously its as much as someone is willing to pay but are we talking £1000, £2000, £5000

Why is this product so sought after?

I was also suprised at the price of some shamano dx pedals on the bay yesterday that went for £350ish

Please discuss and help a clueless person out :rant: :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Gen 1
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:32 PM »
well john good used ones go for about £750 to a £1000
so prob £2000 i reckon

munners

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:35 PM »
Those silver DX's had shill bidding all over it mate! I sold a NOS gold pair for £150 two weeks ago. The DX's on the bay were at £140 after the 1st day! Silver the worst colour IMO.

I would pay £2k for a genuine NOS one.

djgivvinup

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Heres another maybe daft question....do we know how many gen 1's were manufactured?  :coolsmiley:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:42 PM »
take a look in the haro registry in tech, Jem has speculated from good serial information how many of each early haro may have been made

nhoj

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43 PM »

Why though, whats so special about the Gen 1?

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Those silver DX's had shill bidding all over it mate! I sold a NOS gold pair for £150 two weeks ago. The DX's on the bay were at £140 after the 1st day! Silver the worst colour IMO.

why, they are shite :D

i fancy one too, so let me know when your about to fill your boots, so we dont bid each other up/out.... :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Its a Investment given the History of Haro, i would pay £1000 for a nice un  :-\

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Heres another maybe daft question....do we know how many gen 1's were manufactured?  :coolsmiley:

ask Rom Bloke he has 99% of them  :LolLolLolLol:

johhnyboyz

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:50 PM »
that numty................i missed the thread,had to go out,log on today the thrad has vanished with him, anyways the gen 1 he was selling on ebay has now ended and it has SOLD written in the listing but on the upside he still has the reflex listed again,why not pm him? I AM CERTAIN  HE ISNT CRACKING UP............RATHER WAS GOING TO ROB SOME POOR BLOKE ON HERE OR EBAY .

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 09:52 PM »

It was the first haro frame/fork set also the first freestyle specific frame built

Also a lot of peeps see it as their holy grail of os bmx, if you had one as a kid then you end up with a certain sentimentality towards them... and end up willing to spend a huge amount of dosh to own one again...  :)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 10:07 PM »
I have a real one, needs a rechrome though to get it minty and i'm in talks with rom bloke about that now to ensure its done properly. I'd get another for just the love of them and also for investment purposes too, although i'd never sell them, no matter what. A good condition one is worth at least 1k to 2k, NOS one more than 2k easily I reckon. If Terry Jenkins put his NOS one up with International Bidding it wouldn't surprise me if it reached 6k+ or more as there isn't many NOS ones about, well perhaps there are 3 in a loft somewhere in ireland  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt  ;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 10:11 PM »

depends on the price of scrap at the time

firebird4130

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I know someone, a friend of an old friend I don't see anymore who had one, probably still does and probably hasn't got a clue of it's value as he was never really a bmxer and just used to pose on it up and down his road. As far as I remember it was in great condition, apart from the peeling betennisballed super pros.

scowey

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 10:15 PM »
I have a real one, needs a rechrome though to get it minty and i'm in talks with rom bloke about that now to ensure its done properly. I'd get another for just the love of them and also for investment purposes too, although i'd never sell them, no matter what. A good condition one is worth at least 1k to 2k, NOS one more than 2k easily I reckon. If Terry Jenkins put his NOS one up with International Bidding it wouldn't surprise me if it reached 6k+ or more as there isn't many NOS ones about, well perhaps there are 3 in a loft somewhere in ireland  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt  ;)

Actually there a 3 in a loft in Ireland guarded by fearsome leprechauns

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Could always sticker one up as a GT for ya Pete  :LolLolLolLol:

depends on the price of scrap at the time

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18 PM »

Nice one Carl  ;D

Matt  ;)

Actually there a 3 in a loft in Ireland guarded by fearsome leprechauns

nhoj

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 10:47 PM »

It was the first haro frame/fork set also the first freestyle specific frame built

Also a lot of peeps see it as their holy grail of os bmx, if you had one as a kid then you end up with a certain sentimentality towards them... and end up willing to spend a huge amount of dosh to own one again...  :)

Thanks for that mate, I got back into it for the sentimental thing, but it was the firebird freestyler for me. I know its not the same league, but it's cost me alot more than I initialy wanted to.

The Gen 1 is obviously a highly sought after bike for a possible £5K+ price tag for a minter.

Is it THE  sought after bike, and do you think an untouched example in a box exists  (apart from the store in Ireland ;D)

magna13

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 01:23 PM »
do you think there is a NOS one out there?? ??? ???

kingkeef

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 01:40 PM »
Who has these mythical 3 NOS in a loft in Ireland then

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 01:43 PM »

Yes there is a genuine NOS one out there, pics have been posted on here before  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 01:56 PM »

dont go there, the post has been removed and the member banned!

magna13

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 01:59 PM »

Yes there is a genuine NOS one out there, pics have been posted on here before  :daumenhoch:.
wow! would love to see the pics if anybody has them?

thanks zak

kingkeef

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 02:03 PM »

dont go there, the post has been removed and the member banned!
and Killed then Robbedof the bikes ...... then killed again

Why the secretcey?? (Rubbish speller)

thecrooch

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 02:13 PM »
no secrecy (???) you got me going there now...

anyhoo - it went on all sunday night - dragged everyone on for hours about how he had them in his loft but he had a bad back yada yada yada was waiting for a mate - then could'nt get his camera to work then couldnt read the serial numbers - no one believed him in the beginning and then 5 odd hours later he decides to let everyone get to bed and admits that 'he fooled us all' well not exactly...

RAD doesnt need members like that!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Gen 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx