gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 05:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  JMC basket case reborn 4 MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: JMC basket case reborn 4 MK  (Read 2150 times)

etriedes

Re: JMC basket case reborn 4 MK
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Oh and my fav thing is the blue cages on the Suntour beartaps cos we always modded everything back in the day didn't we   :LolLolLolLol: And they look great  ::)

Was just looking at those, how did you get the white lettering done?  Were they done from a restored pair of cages or a new set?

The cages were in pretty good condition, i had them stripped and re-anoed blue at the same time as the wheels ..
The white lettering is easier to do than you would think .. The cages need to be in a fairly good conditon where the lettering is...
The lettering is already stamped into the pedals , i just used a stone chip car paint repair .. the 2 pen kit has an extremely fine nib so you can get the paint into where it is stamped into the pedal and any excess just wipe away with a cloth and it leaves the paint in the stamped lettering .
Takes about 2 mins ..

Thanx everyone for your kind comments  :coolsmiley:
Cheers
Si

etriedes

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 10:52 PM »
how did you managed to weld and stamp that camera into where the old dropouts used to be?

genius!

nice bike mate..well worthy of the time and effort involved.

We cellotaped a picture of a camera to the dropouts just before it was chromed  :D

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10 PM »
First class resto boys, top job on the frame :4_17_5:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Oh and my fav thing is the blue cages on the Suntour beartaps cos we always modded everything back in the day didn't we   :LolLolLolLol: And they look great  ::)

Was just looking at those, how did you get the white lettering done?  Were they done from a restored pair of cages or a new set?

The cages were in pretty good condition, i had them stripped and re-anoed blue at the same time as the wheels ..
The white lettering is easier to do than you would think .. The cages need to be in a fairly good conditon where the lettering is...
The lettering is already stamped into the pedals , i just used a stone chip car paint repair .. the 2 pen kit has an extremely fine nib so you can get the paint into where it is stamped into the pedal and any excess just wipe away with a cloth and it leaves the paint in the stamped lettering .
Takes about 2 mins ..

Thanx everyone for your kind comments  :coolsmiley:
Cheers
Si

Si,

I've just been looking at my suntour beartraps tonight that have been re-annoed thinking of the best way to fill in the writing and then I read this  :daumenhoch:  Any particular make of paint repair ?

Andy. 

etriedes

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »

I've just been looking at my suntour beartraps tonight that have been re-annoed thinking of the best way to fill in the writing and then I read this  :daumenhoch:  Any particular make of paint repair ?

Andy. 

Hiya andy, i guess any would do the job ok, i just found an old one in the garage and used that .. this is what i used http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/219843/halfords_stone_chip_and_scratch_repair_system.html
Need any help give us a shout mate

Cheers
Si

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 10:48 PM »

Andy. 

Hiya andy, i guess any would do the job ok, i just found an old one in the garage and used that .. this is what i used http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/219843/halfords_stone_chip_and_scratch_repair_system.html
Need any help give us a shout mate

Cheers
Si

Cheers Si  :daumenhoch:

Andy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  JMC basket case reborn 4 MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx