gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tyres not sitting pretty, mag wheels :(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tyres not sitting pretty, mag wheels :(  (Read 989 times)

ATL

Tyres not sitting pretty, mag wheels :(
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:00 PM »
Iv got these new Gusset Pimp tyres, but iv put them on my Acorn Freestyle rims and they dont fit right, the lip is partly on then at the opposite side of the tire the lips under the rim so the tyres on the rim not the lip, iv tried stretching them a little but it hasnt helped much shall i stretch them more?

If you can just about see under the Gusset Pimp text the lip is in the right place but over the other side it isnt.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Tyres not sitting pretty, mag wheels :(
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:56 PM »
they wont fit right as ive tried with some new skool type tyres with the lip bit

ATL

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Damn! How about if i cut down the lip slightly, would it matter so much if the tires like this? surely itl squish down when i ride the bike anyway?

spesh

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:09 PM »
had the same problem fitting lamellos to skyways
if you smear some washing up lquid between the bead of the tyre and the rim this should make it  seat squarely when you pump it up:daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Put 60 psi in em.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

ATL

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Hmmm ok looks like il make a trip to the local petrol station then, yeah tried washing up liquid maybe i didnt use enough  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33 PM »
You need to pump it up slowly and check the seating whilst doing it, and putting 60psi in will either split the rim or blow the tyre off, I`d go no higher than 50psi  :-\
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

ATL

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Haha that would be funny at the local petrol station, the people yelling at me for pumping my bike tyres up with their machine, then BANG!

Cheers guys il give it a go tomorrow when my build should be complete.

Is it ok riding it like it is?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36 AM »
You need to pump it up slowly and check the seating whilst doing it, and putting 60psi in will either split the rim or blow the tyre off, I`d go no higher than 50psi  :-\
Not wishing to differ too much, I ran 60 psi on Tuffs with comp st tyers up till very recently and rode hard with no problems, BUT I may have been lucky and you have different wheels  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Stick just 10 or 15 psi in, then roll the wheel along the floor, squashing it down every so often. This will help seat everything together. Once you've been round the wheel a couple of times you should be good to go and bang about 50 or 60 in there  :)

ATL

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Sorted it guys! THe lip was always sticking on part of the rim, tried tons of fairy and baby oil anything lubey lol but it still happened.

So i was thinking how would i cut the lip off, went to the bathroom got the toenail cutters and went round the whole tyre on both sides, now it fits poifect :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tyres not sitting pretty, mag wheels :(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx