gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 12:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who's NEVER given up bmx?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who's NEVER given up bmx?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Who's NEVER given up bmx?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 10:11 PM »
louise are you going to MK?

No, not going.

boyyakka

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 10:20 PM »
i had a firebird back in the 80's and then a skyway and gt performer,after breaking both hands i sort of gave up the bmx cos it took so long to recover.
fast foward 20 yrs or so and i,m now 37 and i brought a gt performer old skool 88 last year which for some strange reason i sold,i,m now in the market for a skyway which i,m 90% i,ve got,just waiting on a reply.

will i eva grow out of it no chance-will i eva grow up no chance.

GET OLDER LIVE YOUNGER
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:22 PM by boyyakka »

macky

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I have always considered myself to be a bmxer... always!! even when i didn't have a bmx!!  ???

started in 1981 as a child...  rode until 1994/5... when i had a bad slam so didnt ride much at all...

then in 1999... bought a GT rode for only a few months... 2000 came and i watched the Gravity games

on bbc 2... I was itching to ride then... so bought a Haro Mirra 540 air ( which weighed heavier than me )  ;D

but only rode a few months again as i had nowhere to ride & no-one to ride with.....

It wasn't until 2006 that i decided to ride properly again...... BEST decision i ever made!!!

I completely regret stopping... it was always there in me... and i always wanted to ride again...

now i tell all the younger lads to never, NEVER give up... because they WILL regret it!!!

Have the upmost respect for all of those who have always rode... since the beginning!!!

I think thats AMAZING!!!  :daumenhoch:

( Great thread.... Great read!!! )  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:42 PM by DaveMc. »

firebird4130

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 11:56 PM »
I had a raleigh ultra burner in the 80's a hand me down from my sister, that got pinched then I got a night burner that came new with white mags, loved that bike everyone thought I put the mags on myself but I didn't. I rode with the older kids in my neighbourhood who would dare me to jump off things ,pull the front brake and do  eskimo rolls, basically a frontflip where your head hits the floor, and all your fingers get crushed under the grips  :LolLolLolLol: I quit for some years and discovered bmx again around 91, through my mates at school ,Boyley, gary and steve who were bmxers and wanted me to get a bike and come street riding, great times jumping tesco trolleys and running away from  irate security guards ensued. Switched up from a donated POS to a bully piston to an s&m dirtbike which I loved. I rode regularly (everyday)getting into dirt jumping and a bit of ramp always with the same crew all of us best mates ,riding together till around 97, I never conciously stopped riding but realized that I only ever rode about once a month after a while, mates an I got into different social circles/activities , moved etc. At some point I gave my bike away, some time later realized I didn't like not having a bmx got a macneil mirron and hated it/sold it. then the old bmx started calling again a few years ago. I got a firebird freestyler first coz I've always loved them, had one in the 90's too for a bit but never set it up. Then I managed to set up my old dirtbike (all off rad and ebay)coz I didn't trust the new school bikes and was anti aheadset, now I've come over all protective over my dirtbike so I'm gonna have to get an L.A.F so that's where I am now. I never considered myself a non bmxer just hindered by different circumstances. I do have kids etc now so it's hard to ride as much as I'd like to but this site is a good way of keeping connected.

evamedia

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42 AM »
81 - 88

Acid house

92 - 99

Mates started racing motorbikes and Cars, not for me

2007 - Why did I leave it so long/

Always felt I was a BMXer , even when I wasn't riding, you just look at stairs, walls , rails different to everyone else.

zed4130

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 10:21 AM »
79-89 -gap to race road bikes etc, then bmxfrom  99, but always had a bmx around through the 90's   :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 11:39 AM »
100% LIFER :daumenhoch:

never gave up, never will.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 12:20 PM »
86 to 92 were my off years, i could have put a a Silver streak together with all the bits i had in me dads garage though but i was to busy getting high  ::)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 12:29 PM »
only ever stopped because of injuries, so started 84 and still going  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 12:53 PM »
stopped about 86 - 95 and started skating  but did have a couple of bmx's in that time and would still buy the odd magazine.

macky

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Always felt I was a BMXer , even when I wasn't riding, you just look at stairs, walls , rails different to everyone else.

So true... i'd be walking past some where and be like... 'yeahh, bank to wall ride over there'...

ppl you were with would be like ' wot the fooks he talkin about' ?  ???

;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who's NEVER given up bmx?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx