gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW SKATE PARK IN LIVERPOOL..........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW SKATE PARK IN LIVERPOOL..........  (Read 736 times)

macky

NEW SKATE PARK IN LIVERPOOL..........
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:10 AM »
There are plans to build a new outdoor skate park in Liverpool...

But, not your average skatepark, built just to hide the kid's away from society...

they're hoping to build a park to rival the Amazing outdoor parks in America & in other countries...

Concrete bowls, park ramps, vert, trails, race track...... a park to suit EVERYONE!!

!!!AND TOTALLY FREEEE!!! 

Apparently, there is a huge budget for this project too!!!  ;D

I've been emailing Liverpool city council a few times, had really positive replies!!  :daumenhoch:

They're hoping to create a park so good... it'll attract riders, boarders & bladers from all over the Uk!!!

They're looking for a suitable location at the moment... for those of you you near to the Northwest...

you may recall Rathbone skate park?? we suggested that site... got everything you need!!

but they may go with Otterspool prom?? which is the larger site!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please spare a couple of minutes to fill out this questionaire, as many more are needed...

www.liverpool.gov.uk/skatepark

Thanx!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Dave.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:32 PM by DaveMc. »

Bushwacked

Re: NEW SKATE PARK IN LIVERPOOL..........
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:08 AM »
I know of a good location in Cheltenham!!!   ;)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:48 AM »
ok la, nice bike, give it to me or i'll fooking shoot ya....

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:11 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

free apart from the scally tax.  ::)

scousers are ace and you will be made to feel welcome allways when you go there.(genuine comment)
ding dong

macky

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:52 PM »

oooo.... you must be a hit with the ladies with wit like that! 

Voodoocars

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:21 PM »
I heard a rumour the other week that an indoor park and a new track are to be built on the Redditch site where the old park is.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19 AM »
 bitd edge lane was the place to go and get your freestyler nicked

macky

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:55 AM »

I rode there BITD almost daily...

I never had a bike nicked EVER, nor did anyone I rode with!!  ???

COZZFATHER

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 01:05 AM »
 i knew people who went away bikeless

evamedia

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I know a few who got jacked between Rom and the station in the 80's, happens everywhere

macky

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 03:13 PM »
I know a few who got jacked between Rom and the station in the 80's, happens everywhere

Exactly, it could happen at any park in the country... and probably did at all parks BITD!!

Sad thing is, had i not typed Liverpool... and put somewhere else...

the replies would have been more positive!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 04:57 PM »
like a said, liverpool is ace. not sure it would be well placed in huyton, toxteth, croxteth and possibly roby, but anybody who knows liverpool, knows it a top place. I had a mate from there and used to go out with a nice looking bird from liverpool. the scouse birds are very good looking on average and up for a laugh. Compared to manchester, liverpool is like disneyland.
ding dong

macky

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 06:25 PM »

I do agree, there are plenty of places NOT to have a skatepark in Liverpool....

more than likely, it will be built on Otterspools prom, wide open area... right by the Mersey!!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 06:31 PM »
I might be slightly bias because half my family are scousers, my Dad's from The Old Swan, Edge Lane and I rode there a few times and never had a problem. Every city has it's bad element and Manchester's certainly one of them.

But on the whole scousers are top people, here's an example, I got to know a lad through going to the match and would see him regularly. We had a good craic etc. and became pretty good friends albeit in a very short time. Now this is how nice this fella is, I have a set of keys for his house and if I'm every doing any work in Liverpool, which I often do, I go and stay at his. Even when he's not there, he makes sure there's plenty of beer and food in and always says "just let yourself in mate, there's plenty in the fridge, I'll see you when I get back. Scouse hospitality at it's best. There's not many people would do that!

Anyways, I've been on line Dave and added my support to the cause.  :daumenhoch:

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

downhill3375

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 06:38 PM »
i just spent the last 12 months working in toxteth and all over liverpool it aint that bad at all :-\

been out on many a nights there too in all the clubs and pubs and never had any trouble

the only thing about the scousers is that when ur around them alot ya find ya sel talking scouse  :LolLolLolLol:

i've done alot of work all over manchester and i would say overall manc is worse  jmho  :)

macky

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Anyways, I've been on line Dave and added my support to the cause.  :daumenhoch:

Daz.

Cheers Daz!!  :daumenhoch:

Top man!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW SKATE PARK IN LIVERPOOL..........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx