gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Are better now than BITD ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Are better now than BITD ??  (Read 2438 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Are better now than BITD ??
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 04:32 PM »
exactly the same :2gunsfiring_v1: despite being determined to progress at jumping, too scared :-[
h/pool phils flyers track 1983

h/pool summehill track 08

although my tables are getting slightly flatter than BITD, but my technique leaves something to be desired as i can only lay the bike as flat as i can get it between my legs and keep my feet on the pedals at the same time :idiot2:
SPREAD EM!:LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:41 PM by OrgasmDonor »

rumblebum01

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 01:46 AM »
I could do a 540 kick turn every time bitd but no further until a week ago.........http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYkWhRwVEM  Well pleased!!!

moley

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:17 AM »
Never had access to proper ramps or BMX Tracks BITD!!

Only ever went to a Track 3 or 4 times and never raced (Too far to get there by cycling)

I could to endos,back hops, front hops, wheelies (all the basics) and kickturns on any suitable dirt, grass, concrete or wooden banking).

Mostly it was just jumping which I was quite good at.   Mostly because the ramps we built weren't easy to ride due to the abnormal transitions they had.  I always used to kick off the ramp and get insane height and distance compared to any of the local lads.  Of course I was incredibly stupid and insane BITD.

Fast forward 20+ years and I'm shite.   I got beat at Preston racing Old School by a 9 year old (MADD PUPP) although I did fall off!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm buying a Small ramp (2 heights) off TwoBobRob which I'm going to use to practice being airbourne on.    Just to get my confidence up and to sort out my balance in the air which seems to be way off.   Once thats dialled and I get kick off it and get some distance then I'll attempt some doubles at the track.    The track these days seem way scarier than they did 20+ years ago.  Maybe as old age approaches my self preservation has kicked in.

I wish I never stopped BMXing.  I'm really enjoying it (apart from the injuries)!!  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 10:45 AM »
do you ride park too mike?

Only just noticed this, T (not ignoring you, honest!).

No, I don't ride park.  Would love to ride everything but just don't have the time.

sweetbeats

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 06:05 PM »
I am absolutly sht..an embarrasment to freestyle  :4_17_5:

But when people see the number 1 on my plate they give me that knowing look of "he must be rad as hell and sponsored by Haro too WOW".

When they ask to see my moves I tell em I  have just had a major skate park accident and out of action just now (sponsors orders). :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:07 PM by sweetbeats »

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Being more keen than able, about the same.
Better at some things, like pulling a small air on the 1/4 at Rom to get a better run-up to the bank where the tyre jump was held. Never was a ramp rider, so that might even be seen as progress.
I could bust a few flatland moves at one time, but they've faded now. The bike's so different from the lighter, shorter, 'ride anything' setup I had in the 80s/90s. Which admittedly sounds like a very poor excuse but I've said it anyway.

FAZE3

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 11:50 AM »
christ no :D can bearly manage a 540 air  ;D

haro_rider

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Interesting q..... Having no track & very little in the way of ramp access when I was younger helped me gravitate to flatland. I still have my '86 Master & I can still do everything I ever did on it albeit perhaps looking a bit less polished than I did BITD after spending ridiculous amounts of time riding it.

I ride more mtb these days but only because I don't know many others to ride with - which was the one factor which made me devote more time to other pastimes when I was 20 after riding for a decade solid. I'm technically very able on the mtb (& the road bike which I race too) which I totally attribute to the time spent on BMX. I will be gutted if my son doesn't do something similar - it's helped me avoid death on so many occasions whilst commuting!

Just tried racing this year (Billy Stup - I raced against you - you beat me - but only just!) Great fun - highly recommended to anyone who's not tried it.

Wish I still had a coaster brake!

Timmeh

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 01:01 PM »
How do you get air out of 1/4 pipe?  Were they called 'aerials' BITD?

Any instructions anywhere?  Guys in vids always make it look sooooo easy.....

Still poo, but enthusistic at it (BMX, not pooing).

macky

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 02:18 PM »

I still try to push myself... but injuries take twice as long to heal now!!

by the time i'm riding properly again... i have to re-learn everything i learned before the injury!!  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Are better now than BITD ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx