gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Fids section from S&Ms BMX Inferno!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fids section from S&Ms BMX Inferno!  (Read 5237 times)

SaMAlex

Fids section from S&Ms BMX Inferno!
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:49 AM »

"Arguably one of the best BMX videos of all time, this is Fids aka Mark Findlay Section from S&M BMX Inferno, skate & ride, dual is cool"

Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: Fids section from S&Ms BMX Inferno!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:39 AM »
cool section, he does like a crash :2funny: :2funny:

baldbmxer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:07 PM »
I know I' speaking out of turn but...............

he kind of rides like Todd Lyons but crashes more. More style on the skateboard. Dont see what all the hype is about   ???

Goose1

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:13 PM »
It's nice to see someone 'struggle' with his 'art'! :LolLolLolLol:

He's not very smooth, but really enjoys what he does.

Great Ska track with the vid. :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 01:18 PM »
sweet! i havent seen this vid in 4ever.one of my best freinds and riding buddies bitd lived next to him in ny b4 he moved to my town in 96. one day i brought this vid over and he was all like "yeah ive seen this vid, i know him" and im like yeah right, but he pulled out a box with some home vids of him riding and hanging out with him and his mom drinkin beer, i couldnt beleive it! and my buddy was ridding a holmes,that got flowed from fids and he told me the whole story bout it. fids is awesome......wish i still had some of those tapes

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 01:21 PM »
I dont get the comments on him crashing? Everyone crashes loads! Fact! Its just that some dont put them in their clips. Have you seen Dave Youngs section (The american Dave Young) from Nowhere Fast? Or Bob Kohl in Ride like a man? Earn your trick!

Maybe sometimes you need to see someone ride in the flesh to get the full effect. Fids is totally one of the best riders ever, so much raw agression and 'go for it' about everything he did. He was mainly a dirt jumper but there he is doing no foot one handers, and toothpick grinds on vert! Maybe the section had aged a little (not in my eyes) but that was all when he was pretty much unknown and was on his first visit to America (I think).

Oh, and NOTHING like Todd Lyons! That is a very unkind thing to say  :police:

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:24 PM »
"this is Fids aka Mark Findlay"

I thought his real name was Mark Flipowitz  ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 01:30 PM »
More style on the skateboard.

He used to skate for Zorlac  :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 01:36 PM »

ive meet both of them, not the same person

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 01:40 PM »
when i said he likes a crash i didnt mean he crashes alot in general i just ment in his section in the vid, ive seen fids ride in the flesh quite a few times at backyard jam and at crowshurst and is a joy to watch, give me a slightly sketchy rider over someone who is super smooth any day as there so much more fun to watch ride  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52 PM »
when i said he likes a crash i didnt mean he crashes alot in general i just ment in his section in the vid, ive seen fids ride in the flesh quite a few times at backyard jam and at crowshurst and is a joy to watch, give me a slightly sketchy rider over someone who is super smooth any day as there so much more fun to watch ride  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

i think it shows more style,instead of bein a robot, plus who hasnt crashed and something stupid like falling into dog shit. it shows he earned his tricks, gives ya a better story lol. at the last contest play hosted i entered an on my last run i tried a 360 to feeble down the side of the box jump and my pedal caught the side wrong instantly, i slammed so hard and both my shoes came flying off 15 feet in the air. i seemed like i was stoked that i busted so hard. then i had to deal with cory "nasty" hittin on my freinds fine lookin girl......(that reminds me,anybody got props vol 4 issue 19?)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:54 PM by condor96 »

rory

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 07:02 PM »
mr findlay is a top man, rides as hard as he did 20 years ago. mucho respect :daumenhoch:

trill

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:38 PM »
show us some clips of your super dialled riding then you's lot ( with tricks of course ) .fids = top rider
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:44 PM by trill »

RyanPartridge

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Fids rules!

Most these new kids don't ride hard. I can watch Fids ride all day, I don't care if he lands a trick or not.  :daumenhoch:

rory

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 07:54 PM »
mid ninties on an old perfomer i gave him, no messin

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:02 PM »
backyard jam, mid 90s. Flipping the birds nothing, a good few feet above everyone else!

nuff media!  :shocked:

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:53 PM »

Yeah, I know, hence the  ;)

Fids used to tell people his real name was Mark Flipowitz.  I think there's an interview in an old Ride.

condor96

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:16 PM »

Yeah, I know, hence the  ;)

Fids used to tell people his real name was Mark Flipowitz.  I think there's an interview in an old Ride.

the real mark "flipper" flipowitz is on the cover of june/july 97 issue ride on an orange bully hot rod. he lived down south of me in florida at the time and i rode with him bout 15 times at stonedge. my freind knew fids aka Mark Findlay through kelly baker. i remember i rode with him right after that issue with the interveiw and i asked him bout it, and i think it was all just a inside joke to confuse people

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 10:21 PM »
i think it was all just a inside joke to confuse people

That's what I figured.  Wish I hadn't mentioned it now  ;)

condor96

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 10:27 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 11:24 PM »
fids is a great dude and an awesome rider. a lot of rad folk are easily forgotten once they pick up an injury or 'fall out of the media circus' .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Fids section from S&Ms BMX Inferno!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx