gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 03:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  How comes Zippy didnt win today??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How comes Zippy didnt win today??  (Read 1689 times)

Twinkle

How comes Zippy didnt win today??
« on: July 13, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Zippy what happened ... you was convinced at the beginning of racing today at Hersden "it was in the bag" and you would definately get the number 1 today.......  Well come on then, what happened?

Sharon xxx

P.S.  Your little boy really is a cutie  :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: How comes Zippy didnt win today??
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Neil Grant happened.  :LolLolLolLol:

To be honest I was totally thrown by the generator dying and the random gate going so quickly that I fluffed the start. Mind you it was fun going for the win from last place, even if I did have to unleash some berm warfare at turn two.

Looking forward to racing Neil again next Sunday at Daggers. He is my heir apparent at Hersden and I have no doubt he'd clean up in old school if he did the whole OSSS series. My fingers are crossed that he comes up to 30-39 with me next year and we can battle each other in the new school class.  ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
The legend that is Zippy
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:52 PM »

Children wailed with disbelief.  Grown men shed a tear.  There was a moments silence for the fall of a legend.  It is with much sadness that I have to report that the leg end that is Zippy was beaten on his home track.  Beaten, savagely and mercilessly by a Mr Magoo who was.....................on fire!!   :2funny: How could this travesty of justice be??  Could it be the fact that Mrs Zippy (or is that Mississippi ??) was there to spur him on that threw him off his stride??  Or could it have been that having sponsored the meeting through Cyclelife of Canterbury the leg end didn't feel he should win the top trophy??  Whatever the reason the fact is Zippy got beat!!!  Na, na, na na na!!   :P Humps

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: The legend that is Zippy
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:59 PM »

Children wailed with disbelief.  Grown men shed a tear.  There was a moments silence for the fall of a legend.  It is with much sadness that I have to report that the BELL end that is Zippy was beaten on his home track.  Beaten, savagely and mercilessly by a Mr Magoo who was.....................on fire!!   :2funny: How could this travesty of justice be??  Could it be the fact that Mrs Zippy (or is that Mississippi ??) was there to spur him on that threw him off his stride??  Or could it have been that having sponsored the meeting through Cyclelife of Canterbury the BELL end didn't feel he should win the top trophy??  Whatever the reason the fact is Zippy got beat!!!  Na, na, na na na!!   :P Humps
I think thats what you meant to put Al :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot that Zippy had gone around telling everyone that he was definitely going to win today before we had actually started.  It is a shame Ratty wasnt there as I am sure that would have cheered him up no end :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 09:17 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

KGB Matt

Commiserations to Zippy
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:24 PM »
After the rider with the big personality sitting in a car this morning getting a very big head and saying "I'm going to win today and seeing as Pauls not here he'll loose the lead in the old school series", he could only manage second place to Mr Magoo.

Commiserations to Zippy.  Please pass on my congratulations to your wife who also got second today in her first ever race.

Matt

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Well I do have to give the old slow women something to make the day worthwhile don't I.  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though I think you all know me well enough to realise that the banter is all front and I never think for a minute that a win is guarenteed.

The wife's second place was the highlight for me today, she's really chuffed with herself and wants to do it again so that's a big positive for me.  ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Methinks the evil-eyed Moderators spotted the plot to put lots of posts up about Zippy being beaten as they've merged my post in here!!  Cunning barstewards  ;).  Fact is the leg end got beaten.  Ha, ha!!  Humps

Twinkle

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 09:39 PM »
PMSL .... they spoil all our fun  :LolLolLolLol:

We loves ya really Zippy .... all the banter makes the day even more fun  :) 

After seeing how keen your son was walking the track with you today I'm sure all 3 of you will be riding round there before long Zippy :)

Sharon xxx

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Don't forget the two daughters.

This could end up costing me an arm and a leg.  :LolLolLolLol:

sonic-1

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 10:04 PM »
well was kinda a sad day zippser getin beat but magoo was realy rippin today shame they only met in the final
cant wait for em to both get good starts n realy fight it out on the track should be a race to realy remember  :daumenhoch:
as for sara getin such a good result well she s quite quick to in the first berm  :-\ i guess another person to beat me  :2funny:
it just wouldnt be the same without zippsters banter makes it such a laugh

Twinkle

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Don't forget the two daughters.

This could end up costing me an arm and a leg.  :LolLolLolLol:

God you worked quick Zippy I didnt even know you had a son until today  :-[ .  How old are your daughters??  You should get them into racing.  Chloe has only just turned 8 and is racing 13 and under girls at Hersden as there isnt enough of them to make another class.

Sharon xx

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Charlotte is 6 and Amelia is 4.

At the moment none of them are interested in racing, just playing in the park next to the track.

Harry on the other hand seems to be very eager to race but can't ride a bike yet. I'm working on it though. :LolLolLolLol:

Twinkle

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 07:55 AM »
Ahhh bless  :)  Thats one of the nice things about Hersden isnt it ... if the children are not all into BMX the park is very close by.

Sharon xxx

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  How comes Zippy didnt win today??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx