gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New governing body for bmx racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New governing body for bmx racing  (Read 1716 times)

mike pardon

New governing body for bmx racing
« on: July 06, 2008, 03:50 PM »
With the BCF getting constantly slagged via bmx talk etc on olympic issues and organisation, olympic selection, dont all the people who moan about it think its time to start voting with their wallets and not renew the £60 licence fees for next year?
Bmx has survived this long ,why cant a group of race fans create there own governing body and create the type of races meets we all would love to see.

BCF has had a while now, and lets face it, is not really doing a good job,

my thought is,,,, its time for CHANGE!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:21 PM by Pike Mardon »

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: New governing body for bmx racing
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:11 PM »
yip change is needed . I vote for ADE

send all cheques and PO's to

Ade (keep it lit )
Ch££per van hire
Crossley st
Gorton
Manchester
 :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:36 PM by CRAZYCRAIG »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 04:25 PM »
  >:( BCF def need replacing.They really don`t have a clue or care about BMX.Seems like they  cannot justify their uselessness.....

Lee Shurey

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Sounds good we could call it UKBMX   :4_17_5:  :LolLolLolLol:

Fook the BCF off Ade have ya got £10,0000 insurance cover think thats the only reason bmx stays with BCF

I take it tracks do come under the BCF for insurance?   

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:35 PM »
 :) Make a great story for the mainstream media as well as just cycling in general.Have the BCF even issued any kind of statement in response to all the neg comments directed at them?

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:35 PM »

Fook the BCF off Ade have ya got £10,0000 insurance cover think thats the only reason bmx stays with BCF

Of course he does .He owns the biggest hire company in MCR .He has 10 zillion vans

http://www.cheepervanhire.co.uk/
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:38 PM »
BCF have always been w4nk, when I was road racing they were fookign useless which is why the Surrey League started; that's the most successful road racing league in the UK and not BCF affiliated at all.  I'd say it needs to go alone to be m ore successful; like Lee says bring back UKBMX and I reckon Scott Dick should head it up  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Problem is the UCI will only deal with one governing body per country which is why BMX had to join the BCF in the first place.

There could be a stand alone governing body for BMX but no-one would be able to race abroad

:) DINGO :)

bof

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 05:03 PM »
ady for president. :daumenhoch:

keep it lit!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 05:03 PM »

Of course he does .He owns the biggest hire company in MCR .He has 10 zillion vans

http://www.cheepervanhire.co.uk/

mint :2funny:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Ade Thatcher  :D
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 05:05 PM »
My vote is in. Ade for President  :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 05:08 PM »
the first ginger president  :4_17_5: AWSOME
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

bof

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 05:27 PM »

keep it lit!

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 05:41 PM »

I'm thumbing my copy of 'how to be a great leader' by R. Mugabe right now..... :shocked:

ade :crazy2:

mike pardon

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 05:43 PM »
In all honesty how many people race abroad a select few. Thats no reason for us to stay with BCF

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 06:12 PM »
BCF like all committee’s.....................take minutes and waste hours   :rant:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Rooonga

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 08:04 PM »
The Kelvin Batey fiasco made me wonder what kind of pr!cks are running our great sport.

Then i see how some people within the commision turn things around to suit themselves instead of the good of the sport.

They don't give a toss about the sport of BMX, and it really seems they are only in it for what they can get out of it for their kids etc.

I'd join another governing body straight away.

And Scott Dick (Uncle Buck) for the top job! (Someone who actually gives a sh!t about making our sport grow back to how it was in the 80's)

Moschops

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 09:20 PM »
One word puts a huge spanner in the works.

INSURANCE.

Find an insurance company that will insure a park full of people doing an extreme sport for that much and then we can make the break.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 09:33 PM »
I do find BCF a very officious body, and not very bmx orientated. But with some changes and a bit of grooming the bcf is capable of doing the job. Perhaps the time is right for a dedicated branch of the bcf just for bmx.
Alan Woods to head it, with an annual vote for committee change and a new president.
for a long time i have wondered about the bcfs role in bmx..
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 09:57 PM »
BCF have caused a real shit storm over the Kelvin Batey farce, but is it BCF who deserve all the criticism or is it just the Selection Panel (I know the Selection Panel are part of BCF, but if you have a wart on your knob you don't chop the whole thing off).

I agree with Ratty somewhat that if they actually got people who know something about (and more importantly, are passionate about) BMX, then the relationship with BCF could still work.

For starters, the Commission should be democractically elected, and re-elected every year.  Maybe the people who are on it are the best people for the job, but put it to an annual vote.

As for starting a new governing body, does anyone who is up to the job actually have the time to do it?  It's not something that can be run on a part time basis, and most of the people within BMX who are intelligent/passionate enough and have the right skills to run such an operation are already in good jobs which they might not want to give up.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I don't understand why you need the insurance. All riders sign a waiver before they race saying the accept responsibility for their actions and those of others and be done with it. No signature, no race.

From what I've read I don't understand what the BCF actually do for us.

mightymini

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 02:44 PM »
I don't understand why you need the insurance. All riders sign a waiver before they race saying the accept responsibility for their actions and those of others and be done with it. No signature, no race.

From what I've read I don't understand what the BCF actually do for us.

thats what happens in motorsport ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Even if competitors sign a waiver, some kind of insurance will still be required as the waiver won't protect the event organiser against negligence (i.e. it's a principle of English law that you can't exclude liability for death or personal injury that results from a negligent act) so some form of indemnity insurance would be required.

I think some kind of public liability insurance would also be required even if the competitors sign a waiver (e.g. what happens if a bike goes flying into the crowd (which almost happened at MK yesterday) and a spectator gets injured?  Better to have insurance for that kind of incident than not).

I get the drift that BC might be seen as overegging the insurance angle, but you can't run BMX races without any insurance at all.

I'm not a big fan of BC by any means, but I don't envy anyone who takes on the job of trying to run/organise BMX racing in the UK either.  It sounds like a shit job for not much (financial or emotional) reward.

Longun

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 04:44 PM »
The Kelvin Batey fiasco made me wonder what kind of pr!cks are running our great sport.

And it's getting worse. Latest news is that, having won the 'time trial' Kelvin and Liam crashed (no details) in the first moto and Kelvin's off to hospital for observation (concussion). Try again tomorrow.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New governing body for bmx racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx