gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Some More Rom Pics.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some More Rom Pics.  (Read 2449 times)

stumpy

Some More Rom Pics.
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Ok, thought it was about time to post up some more Rom pics, different bowls this time, Clover, Freestyle Banked area.... but you gotta have some of the Performance as well!
Here's me in the Clover.

munners

Re: Some More Rom Pics.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Loving that white TA :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That front alloy blue hub is the nuts! ;)

stumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Cheers, proves there more you can do with a blue marker pen than graffiti on the bus stop! An it wasn't permanant so used to wipe off and do it gold every other weekend :LolLolLolLol:!

Stumpy

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:40 PM »
HOW - DO - YOU - AIR - IN - THAT - POOL!

Top stuff, amazing!

stumpy

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Cheers Alex, you comin Rom Jam?
You should've seen BillStup Air the Clover back then, gotta have been 6-8ft out an carving about 6ft! Any photos of that Bill?
Heres a sneaky one of me an Simon H in the performance

The guy in the blue Jacket watching is Billy from Dalston, he used to ride with us back then.

Stumpy

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:00 PM »
Cheers Alex, you comin Rom Jam?

I might come, but part of me would rather come on a normal sunday morning, so I can ride more.
I will see how things go. Im sure it will be great, and if I do come, I'll be happy I did.

rosscoe

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 06:22 PM »
and the guy in the beige looks like how you would imagine a 40 yr old gary Forsyth would have looked lik in the 80s....hahahahahahaaaaa......

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:38 PM »
cool picts stumpy
and biege keegan look alike is a dead ringer for steve vinoah lol

Ramp Rat

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Great pics Stumpy - I could never get much air in the Clover bowl, but it was great to watch people work that bowl, it was a whole technique of pumping and pedaling. Great stuff.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:06 PM »
and the guy in the beige looks like how you would imagine a 40 yr old gary Forsyth would have looked lik in the 80s....hahahahahahaaaaa......

Eh....hmmmmm....thanks Ross. (!) Is it the hair or the sitting around doing nothing look?!

rosscoe

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:37 PM »

Eh....hmmmmm....thanks Ross. (!) Is it the hair or the sitting around doing nothing look?!

sorry matey, just had to

more down to the early balancing trick it looks like you are about to try..........................and the hair I guess.. :shocked:

Sean 2000

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Yo Stumpy! Great pics dude.

That fella sitting in the backgrnd in the blue/grey nike kagool is my mate Billy Chaplin (last pic-p.bowl), ive got some great pics of him in the performance (see below)

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:47 PM by Sean 2000 »

bmxer4ever

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:47 PM »

sorry matey, just had to

more down to the early balancing trick it looks like you are about to try..........................and the hair I guess.. :shocked:

It's not me, it's not me!!!! Hahahaha!

stumpy

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 06:56 AM »
Yo Stumpy! Great pics dude.

That fella sitting in the backgrnd in the blue/grey nike kagool is my mate Billy Chaplin (last pic-p.bowl)

Sean. 

Cheers Sean, I know Billy well, he used to ride with me, I used to work in a bike shop in Stoke Newington,

Stumpy

stumpy

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 07:27 AM »
Scanned some more pics this morning, sometimes i think what was i thinkin when i got rid of these bikes, Hadley bb, flights, that TA got sold for the sum of £50! Shoot me now someone.  :LolLolLolLol:

Barspin Kickturns, man i loved my coaster brake.

Got the cast on my left hand from attemted fence spring out of the half pipe/bullit when they had the old chain link fence by the car drome, Eric Steele declined to attempt, after I didn't make it back into the bowl.  :LolLolLolLol: Oh an thats Jason Hassel on the Black TS, and Jess D's mate Silas on The Blue one.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:50 AM »
superb pictures!  christ at my local park in Stevenage we NEVER saw a TS or anything so exotic/expensive!  Masons Gen1 and DP freestylers was all we saw.......Oh and loads of Burners! 

nicklambo

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 08:16 AM »
I think that's a pic of me in the background!! on my old quadangle...

stumpy

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I think that's a pic of me in the background!! on my old quadangle...

Which pic nick? Do you mean this one?

If so thats a friend of mine on my white TrickStar, Took two bikes that day, left the Chrome TrickStar at home!

Stumpy

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 10:42 AM »
i like the kid in the black jumper, you can hear him saying "i got this high!!"   :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Quality pics again Stumpy but fook me you were a bunch of spoilt b@stards you lot.....a TA and TWO Trick Stars.....every other bike is some top end bike.

Weren't us northerners just paupers in comparison....I didn't start getting owt decent until I was earning myself. Two paper rounds, a milk round, Alpine Pop delivery and working for my brother at his garage as well as going to school. You didn't know you're born you lot!!

Cue the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch and the violin  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz  ;D
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Quality pics again Stumpy but fook me you were a bunch of spoilt b@stards you lot.....a TA and TWO Trick Stars.....every other bike is some top end bike.

Weren't us northerners just paupers in comparison....I didn't start getting owt decent until I was earning myself. Two paper rounds, a milk round, Alpine Pop delivery and working for my brother at his garage as well as going to school. You didn't know you're born you lot!!

Daz  ;D

It's kinda hard to save up for a Trick Star when you're eatin' gravel and cleanin' out the lake every mornin'.....

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 07:03 PM »

Daz  ;D

Aye....and if I ever wanted a drink

It's kinda hard to save up for a Trick Star when you're eatin' gravel and cleanin' out the lake every mornin'.....

Nice one Gaz  :LolLolLolLol:

"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah."

"And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you!"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:07 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

magna13

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 10:33 PM »
superb pics  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

adam01

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 10:35 PM »
magnificent  :4_17_5:

Adam  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 10:43 PM »
loving that Quadangle, was it a Freestyle f+f or just normal?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Some More Rom Pics.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx