gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 09:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Regional v MK08
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bournemouth Regional v MK08  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Bournemouth Regional v MK08
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Right having a bit of an internal debate as to whether to go to the Regional at Bournemouth or the RADBASH.

I missed the Andover regional so I need to get as many points as possible for the Regional points position. On the other hand I raced at MK07 and that was a huge laugh and I've only got quicker since then.

Ohhh decisions, decisions, decisions.

Chris-B

Re: Bournemouth Regional v MK08
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Theres not just the Bournemouth regional on that day we have a Midlands regional at Harworth aswell that day and i have to take my boys to that so i wont be at MK08

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Theres not just the Bournemouth regional on that day we have a Midlands regional at Harworth aswell that day and i have to take my boys to that so i wont be at MK08

Thats why i got the first 4 regionals in the midlands out of the way to make it easier for other events.

Zippy if you need to do it because you need to qualify for brits then you've go no choice, if your just
after regional ranking and trophy then bollocks to it and have some fun you'll only regret it

anyway we need to see how fast you have gotten  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I don't think I'm as fast as you or Bof though Jai.  :LolLolLolLol:

I want to retire from Old School with the number 1 plates from the 3 series that I'm riding in at the moment.  ;)

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50 PM »
zips was flying out of the gate yesterday!!!

if you go to bournemouth you'll probably be the only one there!!!  dont miss RAD zips - it wont be the same with out the banter!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:52 PM by Crooch »

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I agree with Crooch, I don't think there'll be many in the old school class at Bournemouth as most will head up to MK for RAD.

I'll be at B'mouth though as I'm going to America the following day and B'mouth is closer to home for me.

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I agree with Crooch, I don't think there'll be many in the old school class at Bournemouth as most will head up to MK for RAD.

I'll be at B'mouth though as I'm going to America the following day and B'mouth is closer to home for me.

just you and me then mike  :LolLolLolLol:

Twinkle

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Will they run an old school gate at Bournemouth if there are only a couple of people there??

MK07 was a great experience but Nicholas is desperate for Regional number 1 in the 6 and under so we will definately be going to Bournemouth ... Sorry RAD xxx

Sharon xx

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Right having a bit of an internal debate as to whether to go to the Regional at Bournemouth or the RADBASH.

I missed the Andover regional so I need to get as many points as possible for the Regional points position. On the other hand I raced at MK07 and that was a huge laugh and I've only got quicker since then.

Si don`t bother going to MK if it`s a win your after, cos I`m going to be doing old school and you will behind me  :angel:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32 PM »

Si don`t bother going to MK if it`s a win your after, cos I`m going to be doing old school and you will behind me  :angel:

Bill - looking forward to seeing you on a 20"

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Will they run an old school gate at Bournemouth if there are only a couple of people there??

MK07 was a great experience but Nicholas is desperate for Regional number 1 in the 6 and under so we will definately be going to Bournemouth ... Sorry RAD xxx

Sharon xx

They'll run the class but I'll be in with another group. It's regional Number 1 I'm hunting for though so it's going to be a hard decision.  ;)

hooga1975

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 05:46 PM »
There is no contest if you ask me.  There are loads of regional races throughout the year but MK is a one off event.  It is more than just a race meet, it is more like a massive BMX party.  Plus it is also going to be a chance to race against some of the Northern boys.  I cant wait :daumenhoch:

darren

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:10 PM »
same for me got a regional at decoy, so gonna miss riding radmans jmc this year  :'(   
shame cos its a really great weekend and so laid back.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 06:16 PM »
darren you cant miss mk08 matey   :shocked: 
throw a sicky  ;D

Moschops

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Hold your hourses guys and gals your regional ranking is taken from your best 6 results in the series not every result.

No one should be missing MK08 :knuppel2:

Especialy as we set the date first >:(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Well that's that sorted then.

MK08 here I come. Oh and we get to race it in two weeks time as well.  :LolLolLolLol:

Moschops

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Good man Zipster

that's the spirit!

We'll fight em on the beaches :Great_Britain:

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 12:31 AM »
I'm looking forward to the regional.

Any pics of the new build/tweaks, Lee?

moomin

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 08:55 AM »
RAD BASH all the way, last year ROCKED :daumenhoch:  Oh and apparently Bournemouth is too technical for Old Skool according to the builders  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Seeing as Ratty wont be able to race it'll be up to me to give Zippster a run for his money, pick a berm shortie  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:15 AM »
RAD BASH all the way, last year ROCKED :daumenhoch:  Oh and apparently Bournemouth is too technical for Old Skool according to the builders  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Seeing as Ratty wont be able to race it'll be up to me to give Zippster a run for his money, pick a berm shortie  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I thought it was Ratty with the memory issues cause I remember you being really slow.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 09:59 AM »
I think you'll find my Mrs has beaten most of the O/S leaders, Gary 72, QP, Nishiki etc, watch your back buddy  :shocked:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

MOORO

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 10:04 AM »

COME ON MRS RATTY ...Geoff  R who made a comment "you old skoolers will probably prefer Milton Keynes any way"  at the committee meeting (which may well be true)... was made in jest , as he is ONE of the biggest Old skool fans in the country and his memory of times gone by is as good and fascinating as anyones , Im also one of the very few track builders at BMTH and can guarantee am disappointed as anyone that the two clash.

and Geoff was also the man who made the decision to spend an evening digging the triples at Bmth out last year 3 days before the national  as a few people moaned about them being too sharp..so everyone would be happy

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:28 AM by Bob_Acid »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 10:28 AM »
I think you'll find my Mrs has beaten most of the O/S leaders, Gary 72, QP, Nishiki etc, watch your back buddy  :shocked:

Did they fall off?  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Well that's that sorted then.

MK08 here I come. Oh and we get to race it in two weeks time as well.  :LolLolLolLol:

good lad wouldnt be the same without you - now get yer name down in the old school section

Moschops

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 09:36 PM »
I'm looking forward to the regional.

Any pics of the new build/tweaks, Lee?

Hi Mike, it was only a new dressing, we are not allowed to modify the track as ts classed as a public recreation facility.

However I have been down the track tonight putting lips on all the jumps and having a good sweep up, its looking OK.

Russ Bowyer and the Godfrey clan were whackerplating the most recent dammege as well, and that's looking OK too.

I'll be doing track work again on Sat afternoon I'll take a few pics whilst I'm there.

Regards,
lee.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Regional v MK08

gfxgfx
gfx gfx