gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Regional v MK08
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bournemouth Regional v MK08  (Read 3858 times)

darren

Re: Bournemouth Regional v MK08
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Hold your hourses guys and gals your regional ranking is taken from your best 6 results in the series not every result.

No one should be missing MK08 :knuppel2:

Especialy as we set the date first >:(

sw set theres way before anyone else and i gotta do only 9 out of 11, so i could possibly give decoy a miss and come show zippy what the back of my raceshirt looks like  :coolsmiley:
i will be up for the inter regional so can collect my winter trophy if you still have it lee ??

Moschops

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Hold your hourses guys and gals your regional ranking is taken from your best 6 results in the series not every result.

No one should be missing MK08 :knuppel2:

Especialy as we set the date first >:(

sw set theres way before anyone else and i gotta do only 9 out of 11, so i could possibly give decoy a miss and come show zippy what the back of my raceshirt looks like  :coolsmiley:
i will be up for the inter regional so can collect my winter trophy if you still have it lee ??

Yeah still got it mate, I'll try to remember it. Can give it to Claire next time she's at gates if you like.

kdubbmx

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Right having a bit of an internal debate as to whether to go to the Regional at Bournemouth or the RADBASH.

I missed the Andover regional so I need to get as many points as possible for the Regional points position. On the other hand I raced at MK07 and that was a huge laugh and I've only got quicker since then.

Ohhh decisions, decisions, decisions.

Si don`t bother going to MK if it`s a win your after, cos I`m going to be doing old school and you will behind me  :angel:

Right, if you're racing old school Bill then so am i, still got my factory Torker at home begging to be raced!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

thecrooch

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 10:27 PM »
oh bring it on boys....  this could be a corker!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Right having a bit of an internal debate as to whether to go to the Regional at Bournemouth or the RADBASH.

I missed the Andover regional so I need to get as many points as possible for the Regional points position. On the other hand I raced at MK07 and that was a huge laugh and I've only got quicker since then.

Ohhh decisions, decisions, decisions.

Si don`t bother going to MK if it`s a win your after, cos I`m going to be doing old school and you will behind me  :angel:

Right, if you're racing old school Bill then so am i, still got my factory Torker at home begging to be raced!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

We`ll have to try and talk Tony and Craig to pop along to, even if they don`t race  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 04:28 AM »
MOORO I think had Geoff shown us a bit more interest at B'mouth 05 we'd still be having the yearly bash there.  I understand why he didn't, he'd had a long national weekend and by the Monday we were perhaps more of a sideshow but as most of us had only come down on the Sunday and Monday for the old skool bash and were expecting more of the same experience as of  the year before but unfortunately we were not given quite as good a welcome as we'd received in 04, for obvious reasons. That added to the logistics (MK is a lot easier for the lads up north) tipped the balance in MK's favour for 06 and we’ve not looked back since. There's a bit more history there than you know about and maybe Jeff does have some sour grapes about it but then maybe again he don't.

That said though it was top notch at B'mouth 04. Geoff did us proud that year.

05 was a lesson learned though which is why we don't do MK on the same weekend as a national.

We've come a long way since then though and as for regionals? That's up to you. If you've not made enough races this year that you have to miss out on the RADBMX.CO.UK yearly bash you can't have wanted to be there that much in the first place can you?

I don't disagree though that MK is perhaps a track more suited to our old bones but that's not Bournemouth’s problems is it? In fact why am I even waffling on about it?

MK08. Comming soon!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:35 AM by Bob_Acid »

AL

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41 PM »

I am sure Rad 08 will be a success.
  would have loved to come along with my old  De, coster and had a roll round, and a few beers ..

BUT... my sons  going to want to Race B-mouth regional , Champ points etc ..

Still bloody crazy, to have MK08  the same  day as ....  South ,  South west,   Midlands, +  East Anglia regionals  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 02:53 AM »
We set the date before the regional dates were set.

oldmankev

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Even Darren F is not sandbagging it this year  :daumenhoch: because
of regional commitments.

AL

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Posted by: Bob_Acid 
Insert Quote
We set the date before the regional 

Thats the problem   ???!!....     

We were sat round the table at the South AGM..   The Regionals cant be agreed , before the nationals are confirmed... 

Add in Inter regionals,   and  Bournemouth having probs , with  the use of the football pitch for parking / camping on other dates , hence the  clash ...

Think we all need to learn from this and , not let it happen next year ...

MOORO

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Ditto..the above (BMX nationals and intl's) and add in The 4x nationals which three of bmths main helpers take part in and the fact you need to have run a certain number of regionals before the Brits and your left with .....well, one possible weekend !

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Mooro & AL ,

I'm bored now , I've gone into detail ref when & why things were/were'nt announced etc in the other thread here launching the event .

It will never please everyone , in life things are like that  ::) .

I suppose it'd be the same if someone decided to get married on a regional/national date , everyone's up in arms !!  :LolLolLolLol:

Ultimately we work with MK BMX Club where the event is held , the other date on the table was the w/end before Brits which I think would've been much worse with peeps either not wanting to ride in case the hurt themselves or the others who could'nt afford 2 weekends away on the trot . Clashing with regionals I see as no big deal because you DON'T HAVE TO ride all of them . 

Keith , it would be great to see ya there  ;) .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 05:50 PM by Mattdub »

magna13

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Well that's that sorted then.

MK08 here I come. Oh and we get to race it in two weeks time as well.  :LolLolLolLol:

glad your making the right choice Zippy  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

kuwahara

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 03:36 PM »
i'll hopefully be doing MK  only if there a piss up & BBQ  going down ON SAT NIGHT got to be done

Any one know the Numbers last year ie how many raced is this a big dooooooooo   

is there any entertainment going on sat night  also  old skool rave / Bon Fire Etc  up etc   

spillers#1

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Last year there were about 60 odd just racing old skool bikes  :daumenhoch: flying fox normally gets w&nkered over the weekend  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Regional v MK08

gfxgfx
gfx gfx