gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 04:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Holeshot RF1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Holeshot RF1  (Read 13601 times)

cherrypicker

Re: Holeshot RF1
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Smiling like an idiot, looking at that  ;D Whether we like it, love it or not that fussed, we'd all liked to have been the one who brought it to the site. Well found Dom, cheers fella.

motomagII

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2008, 07:30 AM »
well thats nice very rare frame the only one ive ever seen and as for the value im hoping we dont find out and that the lad keeps it and restores it and bwecomes a valued member of the site .
 :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2008, 07:49 AM »
well thats nice very rare frame the only one ive ever seen and as for the value im hoping we dont find out and that the lad keeps it and restores it and bwecomes a valued member of the site .
 :daumenhoch:

Well said Greg :daumenhoch: thats a real possibility. He certainly knows what he's got and is keen to restore it.

SaMAlex

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Ive seen 2 Hotshot frames. One was when this advert was shot at Mons ramp. They put me in a Holeshot T-shirt and I stood on the platform for some of the photos but I guess they didnt like those ones. The other frame was one that Banbury local Stan had. When they were shooting this add he had a go on Neils bike and really liked it. A few weeks later he bought his own one. Years later it got stolen out of his shed.

(btw, the person in the middle of the platform is Mon. He still has a skateboard shop in oxford. Last night I went to the local ramp and he was down their skating. Still livin the dream!  :daumenhoch:)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2008, 08:28 AM »
... we'd all liked to have been the one who brought it to the site...

Ain't that the truth!

As greg said, I truly hope that the guy who owns it does restore it and becomes a valued member on the site too. It's a cracking bike to start with! If he gets his skates on MK08 is only just around the corner.

It's a great great find and one that RAD members, including myself, has been waiting for since it started.

I'm still excited, but now it's found, what next?

The best thing about this hobby is the thrill of the chase, now it's gone for the fabled RF1. Shame in a way, a bit like the NOS Action Zone bars I got recently - been after a pair for ages, now I have them, what next?

I was speaking to Mark J earlier and he summed it up for me: "I think it was the myth that was worth the money not the bike. Maybe the myth's gone now ones been found and for some a bit of an anti-climax?"

Trev

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 08:45 AM »
I think I only ever saw one other than Neil's and Robert's.
I think Vince Gregory (?) down at Southsea might have had one... Maybe Mark Likely can confirm.

I myself would have had one if they had come as a complete, but as a young kid wouldn't have been able to build one up so opted for a complete Skyway instead. I was a Skyway fan because of Neil, and the RF1 came out just before I bought my first real BMX. If Youngs in Lewisham had them in stock and built one up, that's what I would have ridden without a shadow of a doubt.

The RF1 is indeed my dream frame, and so glad that one has finally surfaced. It this were a few years ago when I was flush, I'm sure I would have offered him enough money to want to sell it to me.  :daumenhoch:
Although Neil rode different colour frames almost every comp (and usually with spokes), the absolute dream bike for me would be a red RF1 with white tuffs.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2008, 10:29 AM »

It's a great great find and one that RAD members, including myself, has been waiting for since it started.

I'm still excited, but now it's found, what next?

I was speaking to Mark J earlier and he summed it up for me: "I think it was the myth that was worth the money not the bike. Maybe the myth's gone now ones been found and for some a bit of an anti-climax?"

Yeah, although a great find (it had to happen sooner or later), it takes away the mystery of the bike....

You mention 'anti-climax', that in a reason is why I don't think this hobby will last 'forever',....I rememebr the exitement of sourcing Hutch Parts for my Trickstar,...and when i completed it, i thought what now? Hmmm, I built a Looptail Ripper, Looptail Floval and Quadange, plus 2 Torkers...., but the Trickstar was the one I got most pleasure from...

I think it's called the 'law of diminishing returns' ! In the end all bikes will have been built, a there will be a bit of a black hole as far as where we go from there...., most F&F's have been done - I guess it could go down the route of the US Guys, ie: Start Building DG's, Nomura's, GJS's (Radman !  ;) :D) etc...., but how many had those BITD, how much do they relate the the UK scene way back..... ? They're come a time where it'll be 'same old, same old....'  :(

Not for a log time soon hopefully !  :)

Thanks for posting those pics BTW Dom, good luck to your mate ! looks fab....hope to see it at MK !  8) :daumenhoch:

now i'm thinking about Nomura's, and  GJS Big Tubes..........  ::) hmmm, if only  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Frosty

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Well that is a first for me too. If these were made by Vincent I may try out my local road bike shop as the guy who owns it used to export Vincent stuff to Belgium and also import stuff for Faze 3 bitd - who knows he may have taken some os!!

As for the next big find - I can think of one that Ratty would love an ACE - so keep em peeled boys & girls ;)

Trev

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I thought Ratty found an ACE just before I went away.

Frosty

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Ohh I didn't know, I have been offsite quite a bit over the last couple of months whilst getting the house fixed up - I'll do a search and see if I can find it

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 11:31 AM »

GJS Big Tubes..........  ::) hmmm, if only  :LolLolLolLol:

now yer talkin :daumenhoch: :smitten: theres 1 or 2 in bmxmuseum and one went on ebay about 18 months ago for $600ish, awesome f/f fookin awesome :daumenhoch:

stumpy

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 11:32 AM »
I think Vince Gregory (?) down at Southsea might have had one...

He sure did Trev, here it is

Stumpy

Trev

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Cool pic Stumpy. You coming to Rom Jam next month?

stumpy

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Yeah for sure, when is it? Still ain't got a bike though.

Trev

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Yeah for sure, when is it? Still ain't got a bike though.

Sunday 13th July.

Awesome Holeshot RF1, to get the thread back on track.....  ;)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I'm glad one has finally shown up and I'm so pleased to have seen a pic of one that has survived, but for me "look but dont touch" is as far as I'd go, I dont actually like the look of it and I dont like buying things just because its rare.. I'm sure it would fetch well over £1k in the right situation though... oh and those decals are easy to repro in case any potential restorer wants to strip it ;)

2020mad

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2008, 11:51 AM »
so whats next.  :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2008, 12:05 PM »
i wouldn't be interested in it just because it was rare. i'd be interested because Neil rode one.
The same way I react everytime i see an orange street beat.

lodge

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Vince Gregory, pleased his name came up as i remember he rode a chrome RF1 with black tuffs at several BFA comps, been trying to remember his name for the last few days.

I remember neil running a red, light blue and a orange RF1 all with  white rims, they were all  good  looking bikes for that era IMO.
Robert ran a green one with chrome rims.

magna13

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2008, 06:22 PM »
i wouldn't be interested in it just because it was rare. i'd be interested because Neil rode one.
The same way I react everytime i see an orange street beat.
Me too. I Wouldnt Mind It But I Couldnt Pay £1K for one  :(

Trev

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Vince Gregory, pleased his name came up as i remember he rode a chrome RF1 with black tuffs at several BFA comps, been trying to remember his name for the last few days.

I remember neil running a red, light blue and a orange RF1 all with  white rims, they were all  good  looking bikes for that era IMO.
Robert ran a green one with chrome rims.

:LolLolLolLol: thought you might have asked me if you couldn't remember his name...

Yeah, I remember Neil riding Red, light blue and orange too. Didn't Robert also ride a white one too?

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2008, 08:32 PM »
can whoever buys it please build it up with the correct parts as a tribute to the legend that was, neil ruffell R.I.P.

virtualmeuk

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2008, 08:37 PM »
and if it gets parted out before it gets built can i have dib dobs on the handlebars as they are just some cheap jobs but they would suit my bike :-\ ::)

potstu

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2008, 11:51 PM »

..got a green HOLESHOT sticker from the holeshot comp 85/86? ..is that rare?

thought not     :idiot2:

nice find and nice frame though, remember seeing neil ride one bitd. What did they retail for back then?

ingylevi

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2008, 12:00 AM »
If any 1 wants to know the owners of this bike and its history i am the man  as  head of the display team which 1 of the lads brought it out of the woodwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those years ago when it was new!!!!!!!!!!!! ingylevi my bike is on here to and i rode a prolite craig cambell ...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Holeshot RF1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx