gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 07:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Hartlepool National OS Riders List - Saturday 28th June (Evening Start)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hartlepool National OS Riders List - Saturday 28th June (Evening Start)  (Read 7287 times)

moley

I can bring a bike with me so someone can ride it!!!!

In fact I could bring two!!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
ha ha ha

few people showed interest in it already

but have held strong upto now

really hope sat night dont get cancelled though,,would be a shame ,,wish more riders were up for it

russ

p,s  fancy hyper like b

Full gate so far, so no worries mate... after all mate it's only for a laugh :daumenhoch:

OK if I don't get busted by the Missus I'm in  ;D

Andy Lincoln

Maximum XL

...we're all doomed :D

DOOOOOOMED I TELL THEE DOOOOOOMED! :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

I don't think they can move it to Sunday (unless they have it after the national has finished) as it's not an official national series class.

Russ, when will you know whether the Old School racing is on or off?

steveN

NEBMX are definetely running this race. The only way it would be cancelled is if nobody turns up

Steve

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
cool  :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

doing old school and new school jai?

not on the same day Matt so not a problem

Moley any chance you can change my number to 283  :daumenhoch:

Chris-B

russ why panick over nothing its only a race :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

i know,,, just want it to go well thats all i suppose

r

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
steve, john and the other lads (crap with names sorry) have done a sterling job creating, maintaining and tweaking the summerhill track this year to get it up to a high standard, all who can make it will not be disapointed :daumenhoch:

moley

My theory on this race is..........................

If it goes well then they would include it in the series next year.

Why would they do this?

Simple,  getting the old fogeys to race would attract more riders to the older cruiser classes as the OS riders improve and want to compete with more professional riders.

Also that it would bring new kids into the sport. 

Most OS riders have sprogs who want to emulate Dad and would be dragged along to these races and so they might as well take part.

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of riders yet!!!

The South just had a race on Sunday so a lot of the south's riders wouldn't be committing themselves yet.

If we have a steady pick up of riders this week who put there names down (and more importantly show up on race day) it should be alright.

Plus hopefully there will be some riders who will pop along anyway but dont want to be tied down to the list in case they cant make it!!

And they might need a week to persuade the missus to let them go!!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
NEBMX are definetely running this race. The only way it would be cancelled is if nobody turns up

Steve

...are you having a rattle round then Steve?...  it's about time you gave the Redline a bit of oldschool track time ;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

THIRSTYKIRSTY

track is flyin

brenn and dazz are flyin

i am not however so its gonna be fast ,,wonder if some elite riders wanna borra the old bikes

doin more track work thurs/friday afternoon,,so if you go on friday you wont be able to ride till its done

r

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:

Steve

...are you having a rattle round then Steve?...  it's about time you gave the Redline a bit of oldschool track time ;)

yeah steve and get john o drag his burner out :daumenhoch:

Chris-B

My theory on this race is..........................

If it goes well then they would include it in the series next year.

Why would they do this?

Simple,  getting the old fogeys to race would attract more riders to the older cruiser classes as the OS riders improve and want to compete with more professional riders.

Also that it would bring new kids into the sport. 

Most OS riders have sprogs who want to emulate Dad and would be dragged along to these races and so they might as well take part.

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of riders yet!!!

The South just had a race on Sunday so a lot of the south's riders wouldn't be committing themselves yet.

If we have a steady pick up of riders this week who put there names down (and more importantly show up on race day) it should be alright.

Plus hopefully there will be some riders who will pop along anyway but dont want to be tied down to the list in case they cant make it!!

And they might need a week to persuade the missus to let them go!!!  :daumenhoch:

Hey Moley the only way they'll include it at the nationals would be on a saturday nite event just ask either me,Bren,Dan or even Steve Noble as we were there when Alan Woods did the original series. So i dont think that it'll ever get a sunday spot at the National Series.

Chris-B

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/Chris-B/?action=view&current=HarworthMoto1Round1.flv][/URL]

Heres some footage of the first round of the Old skool at the nationals from around 2003

THIRSTYKIRSTY

aint workin  chris b

russ

moley

Hey Moley the only way they'll include it at the nationals would be on a saturday nite event just ask either me,Bren,Dan or even Steve Noble as we were there when Alan Woods did the original series. So i dont think that it'll ever get a sunday spot at the National Series.

I never knew you had other races at nationals, apart from Charity races etc, etc.

A Saturday night or day race isn't good for most people.

It must put some people off racing and most people work saturdays!!!

I can't see how an extra class would slow a sunday meet down at a few minutes per race!!!

moley

dan-dare

Yeee-haaaa. :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

yip   yipp

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:shocked: :shocked:

Chris-B

Shall put more links shortly as i'm going thru all my old skool race footage  :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Get in there!!! I haven't watched that clip for a quite some time. I think that was the first meeting of that series, half the riders pulled out after they did the practice laps...  Dan Dare & myself went over the bars on the first set of doubles, Miles Kirby went tits up on the doubles before the first berm after his lid slipped over his eyes...  and some bloke from Blue Peter was racing with a camera strapped to his head.

Good fun ;)

"Do another front summie!!!"     w@nkers :yahoo_silent:

;D

Chris-B

Heres footage from the A final of the Xmas old skool classic from warrington

Results were
1st Miles Kirby
2nd Me
3rd Kirk Walker
4th Justin Easson

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/Chris-B/?action=view&current=osafinal.flv

Chris-B

Heres A link to a new post with round 1 footage from Harworth

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=64719.0

:daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Heres footage from the A final of the Xmas old skool classic from warrington

Results were
1st Miles Kirby
2nd Me
3rd Kirk Walker
4th Justin Easson

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/Chris-B/?action=view&current=osafinal.flv

That's the horrible one...  laggy band start gate goes through Jungle Geofs front wheel, you can see what happens next :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Hartlepool National OS Riders List - Saturday 28th June (Evening Start)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx