gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  lester mags
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: lester mags  (Read 546 times)

andy.w

lester mags
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Hi All

Looking for some advice.  I'm restoring a mid 80's Supergoose and have some Lester Mags.  I want to replace the rear freewheel/back pedal break with a normal freewheel.  Do I need to replace the bearings and axle and if so what type do I need ( where can I get some NOS parts).

All hlp would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: lester mags
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Hello mate
I've got an old goose with lesters myself - i'm just wondering why you would want to modify the wheels  :uglystupid2: - keep 'em coaster all the way  :daumenhoch:
At the end of the day you can still stick a set of caliper brakes on them as well if thats the look you want (a lot of freestyle riders back in the day swore by a full set of calipers plus a coaster to master their tricks) and if you ever decided to change wheels they'd be worth alot more with the coaster on than they would if they'd been modified.
Any piccys of yer bike !?!?!?!?!
 ;)
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

subversion

Re: lester mags
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:52 PM »
You could always look into converting it to a free coaster :daumenhoch: Depending on the mechanism used on Lester mags, it should be a case of replacing the brake 'pads' inside the coaster & putting in a packing washer instead which lets it act like a freewheel but also allows you to coast backwards without the cranks spinning ;) It no longer acts as a brake in this set-up but can easily be put back to standard coaster brake if required...

Get some piccys up then :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  lester mags

gfxgfx
gfx gfx