gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  painted skyways
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: painted skyways  (Read 418 times)

STUMPYLEE

painted skyways
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:28 PM »
can anyone tell what they think of painted skyways as i keep seeing these for sale & have never seen any. I'm watching some at the moment & have been watching some others, they still seem to fetch a lot of money. The set i'm watching are yellow & have been painted then laquered, What do you think. Or does anyone know anyone with some for sale. Cheers BMX Bandits
 :4_17_5:

ozone

Re: painted skyways
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:34 PM »
They could have cracks all over the shop but with all of that paint, you wouldn't be able to tell.  At least with a dyed wheel, you'd be able to see what you're buying.  I think most people on here would tell you not to buy the painted ones and hold out for a good set. 

KEEP IT REAL :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:03 PM »
its true to say that you never know whats under the paint, but i have a set of yellow tuffs that a have painted myself in 2 pack satin finish paint and they look perfect,you would be hard pushed to tell

even the graffites have been done and the alloy hubed ones, as they were 25 year old wheels they look perfect now!
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:14 PM »
does all the paint come off when you use the brakes? I know these are probably show bikes anyway but was just wondering

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:41 PM »
that goes without saying, yes it will, but dont forget its yellow under the yellow and black under the black, and anyway the yellow bike never came with brakes,just a coaster. :daumenhoch:

rodslovechild

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 03:00 PM »
just out of cusiosity, what made you paint them rather than dye them? cheers

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12 PM »
absolutely no other reason than i have access to thousands of paints, and have no access or experiance with dying, i'm sure the dye will just sit in the top like paint, and will wear off easily, as its unlikely to penatrate right into the plastic, i might be wrong ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  painted skyways

gfxgfx
gfx gfx