gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A bad Haro copy...  (Read 7171 times)

macky

Re: A bad Haro copy...
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2008, 10:05 PM »

How many different frame models did Orion bring out??

could this be another model of Orion??  :-\

magna13

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Does anyone have an orion f+f... i wouldnt mind doing a Gen 1 rep!

if anyone was going to buy this fake/copy on eBay, how much would you pay for it? for me Max. £150

Zak

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 01:29 PM »

That's my old bike from BITD i had it made at the Torker secret laboratories  ::)

magna13

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32 PM »
 ::) ::)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Fook me that does look like a gen 1 though... :shocked:  that's deffo an orion with a dodgy plate welded on I reckon...

magna13

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Fook me that does look like a gen 1 though... :shocked:  that's deffo an orion with a dodgy plate welded on I reckon...
:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

skids

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! ;D ;D ;D What a joker!
I'm sorry to say this Adam;but how on earth could anyone confuse that with a real Haro?
As for your bid.....just get access to another P.C.[internet cafe etc] and stick a sodding high bid on it,
fook him right up with half a million quid bid.[its only E bay]
good luck mate, and I hope you get rid of the bid
...................Skids

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 09:21 PM »

That's my old bike from BITD i had it made at the Torker secret laboratories  ::)

:LolLolLolLol: I actually know the guy who has this now, in Aussie

skids

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 09:21 PM »
B.T.W I had a DP back in the early eighties, and the seat gusset did NOT look like that....its too extended at the front
..............Skids

macky

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2008, 11:47 PM »

Im actually really curious now to what this bike really is.....  ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 04:58 PM »
who the hell was bidder 3?  5 million!   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09 PM »
I've sent him a couple message and pointed out to him why it ISN'T a Gen 1 and to be fair his reply was very polite. As there is bids on it he now states in his listing that a full refund will be given and the winning bidder isn't obliged to buy it etc. etc. Doesn't look like it's gonna get pulled but I get the feeling this guy has been ripped off himself when he bought it originally. Fooking ebay make me sick, if it was a dodgy Rolex they'd shut his account down and report him to customs but it's only a kids bike isn't it so they won't take it seriously.

Sh1t bags!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

macky

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 02:10 AM »

I think it may seem like this dude was ripped off himself in the first place.......   :-\

he has added he is willing to give a full refund to the poor sod who wins this POS.....  ::)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the comments and questions I have had so far, the best I can do, due to the fact that the item already has bids, is to offer full refund and right to refusal policy.

Also if you bid and win, then decide when you see it / try it / check it - that you do not want it , yet again you are not obliged to buy, if you you are not happy.

Many people believe this bike to be different to the original, but was bought in good faith and all the parts seem to match the original, please judge for yourself, as I am no expert on these particular type of bike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still listed as  a Haro FreeStyler BMX Generation 1 ORIGINAL 80's + Brakes

magna13

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 02:27 PM »
 :wtf: what could this POS be!!!!

macky

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2008, 05:50 PM »

Someone has won this POS!!

chevailnoirg3cx

in for a bit of disapointment when he recieve's this!!  :-\

adam01

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2008, 06:00 PM »
 :wtf: someone bought it your kidding poor fella  :uglystupid2:

magna13

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50 AM »
:wtf: someone bought it your kidding poor fella  :uglystupid2:
Gutted!  :LolLolLolLol:

ChrisG

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2008, 12:15 PM »
A Big Sorry to all- The bike is mine-Always has been.  It was bought for me in Hong Kong in about 86/87 when we lived there.

I did not know its a fake-Hence the ebay sale.  I had a friend put it up for sale for me as I am not set up on ebay and really thought I was selling the real deal.  Now I have been told differently I am GUTTED.

I purchased the bike new from a shop in Hong Kong-chose it from the display and it came as you see it now-with all the decals and was sold to me as a HARO.  I have not tried to mislead or rip anyone off. 

Can anyone tell me what my bike is???

Is there anywhere I can take it in the UK who can give me a professional opinion of what the bike may be-I would be happy to post more pictures if it would help someone ID it for me.

I have owned this bike for the last 22 years so it is from the 80's
It has someones serial number on it so someone was proud of what they made

Someone posted that Haro were being built in Taiwan - Could this bike be a Haro built in Taiwan for the Asian market???

Thanks

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Well done Chris....nice of you to come on here and explain the truth.

However, it would also have been nice if your mate who was selling it for you explained this too. But that aint your fault, it was his choice.

As for what it is??

No idea mate, we've all pretty much been baffled by this one. Good luck in finding out though.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36 PM »
A Big Sorry to all- The bike is mine-Always has been.  It was bought for me in Hong Kong in about 86/87 when we lived there.

I did not know its a fake-Hence the ebay sale.  I had a friend put it up for sale for me as I am not set up on ebay and really thought I was selling the real deal.  Now I have been told differently I am GUTTED.

I purchased the bike new from a shop in Hong Kong-chose it from the display and it came as you see it now-with all the decals and was sold to me as a HARO.  I have not tried to mislead or rip anyone off. 

Can anyone tell me what my bike is???

Is there anywhere I can take it in the UK who can give me a professional opinion of what the bike may be-I would be happy to post more pictures if it would help someone ID it for me.

I have owned this bike for the last 22 years so it is from the 80's
It has someones serial number on it so someone was proud of what they made

Someone posted that Haro were being built in Taiwan - Could this bike be a Haro built in Taiwan for the Asian market???

Thanks

Sorry Chris.....but you mean to tell me that your 'mate' didn't pass on all the emails that people bombarded him with telling him that it wasn't a Haro??  all the emails back stated that 'I'd' bought it in good faith......nothing about 'i'm selling it for a mate who bought it in good faith' 

Just sounds like you're trying to back pedal to me  ???

also it's appt that you've suddenly found this site and come on here after you sold it??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:41 PM by pickle »

macky

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2008, 03:44 PM »

So is this frame now from Hong Kong? your mate said it was a custom built frame from the U.S. ???

I think the Orion frame Potstu posted is pretty close to your frame......

other than the seat post plate... this looks identical....

ChrisG

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Pickle-I have never posted on a forum before and did not know you guys were out here-Someone sent Mark a link to this forum-he told me about the problems he faced whilst advertizing the bike, hence why i wanted to investigate further-  I have not tried to deceive anyone-You must admit yourself that if you owned a bike (yes I still own it) from new and were sold it as a Haro from a proper bike shop you would expect it to be a Haro!!!  You live and learn!!!

I have posted on this forum giving a genuine apology even though my bike which I have kept for 20 odd years has been described as a POS and has a forum title of 'A bad Haro copy' - you are far from happy!!!!!

I am being straight with you-

I agree completely - I have seen the picture and the real bike looks beautiful - my bike is NOT a Haro Freestyler Generation 1 - Now you cannot ask anymore than that so hopefully we can relaunch this topic as what is this bike

If my friend Mark has been strong in his responses to you when you suggested  it was a fake its only because he-like me thought it was the genuine article and if we were trying to rip someone off why offer a refund to bidders and post on this forum? 

On the subject of what my bike is-You are right that it looks a bit DP, a bit Orion and a bit Haro-  What does that make my bike though???

bmxer4ever

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36 PM »
You may have some weird, one of a kind early eighties frame.
Definetly styled to look like a Haro, but I think you've got everyone stumped here mate!
Hopefully someone will be able to suss it out....

Arma

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2008, 11:26 PM »
this also has gotta go to some other page i dont read !!!!!!

macky

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2008, 03:52 AM »

Firstly, Chris i respect the fact you've come on here and apologised about your mate and this bike!!  :daumenhoch:

Secondly, the way i see it... we all know this bikes's not a Haro, obviously, but to what this bike could actually be...

this could be a proper one off Freestyle frame... if no one on RAD know's wot it is ( and there are a lot of experts on ere!! )

then surely... does that not make your Frame a RARE frame??  ???

And thirdly...   well,  i dont actually have a thirdly... but all i can say is good luck on finding out wot this bike actually is...

it's got me baffled... and i do apologise for posting in this thread that you were ripping ppl off with a fake!!!  :-[ Sorry dude!!

Good luck with this dude!!

and, i might actually know a guy who may know wot this might be... he's the Jesus of Bmx... Mike Organ!!!

he's the guy who ran our old bmx club in the 80's... knew everything that could be known about Bmx!!!! Seriously!!!

Wasn't called Mike the Bike for nothing....  we still see him now & again... i reckon he'd know wot this is!!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A bad Haro copy...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx