gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spindle thread sizes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spindle thread sizes  (Read 677 times)

FuNMoNsTeR

Spindle thread sizes
« on: May 08, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Are there only two thread sizes for old school bmx spindles? If i remember there was the standard thread and then skyway/hutch mag-ti spaced threads? Can anyone give me the TPi sizes please?  Cheers  :daumenhoch:

Frosty

Re: Spindle thread sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:37 PM »
hub spindles, I was about to throw in the mix the thread sizes on the 400 series Redline cranks, but I'll just get me coat and be off....................

perry

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:43 PM »
arnt axles 24tpi and 26tpi  :-\

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10 PM »
hub spindles, I was about to throw in the mix the thread sizes on the 400 series Redline cranks, but I'll just get me coat and be off....................

400 Series Flights use the same spindle as the leary turbo cranks. The square part is fatter. Didnt know the threads were different to standard flights tho.

24 and 26tpi   is that the two sizes for hub spindles?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 10:56 PM »

400 Series Flights use the same spindle as the leary turbo cranks. The square part is fatter. Didnt know the threads were different to standard flights tho.

24 and 26tpi   is that the two sizes for hub spindles?

24 & 26tpi on 10mm I think ? .

What about 9mm ?? .

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:09 AM »
cheers Matt...... There is a 9mm axle  ???

The conundrum is this...i have a set of mag ti hubs. They need collars. i have a guy milling me a set of repro collars for the set i am missing. He needs to know what the thread is so he can cut them. A standard thread 10mm axle nut threads onto the hollow chro-mo axles that are on the mag ti hubs that i have.
 I had another set of mag ti hubs with the solid titanium axles...they were a different thread because nuts from the other set of mag ti hubs would not thread on. So ideally i need to know the two sizes of thread... standard and the hutch titanium spindle thread please :)

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:33 AM »
Sorry...i should say AXLE thread sizes...not spindle  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spindle thread sizes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx