gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May  (Read 3885 times)

oldskoolsux

Re: Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Im down with that mike  :) , sorry for late reply been busy prepping track all day.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 08:45 AM »
The track officially opens today.  Wahooooo!!!  Humps

oldskoolsux

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 07:15 PM »
I reckon we had a couple of hundred people there today easy  . Loads and loads of locals trying it out for the first time and having much fun. Also loads of racers came along to check it out before next weeks regional.

Thank you to everyone who came and I hope you all enjoyed themselves.

Roll on next sunday for the big one

Russ

Twinkle

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Thanks for a really great day ... Chloe and Nicholas think the track is excellent!!! (although Nicholas will bring a milk crate next week so he can get on the start grid  :LolLolLolLol: ).  It was very well organised today, and I hope you get lots of those locals coming back to join your club  :daumenhoch: .

Sharon xx

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Superb weather and superb track had a great day  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Top day today.

Looking forward to next Sunday's regional race.

I was talking to Billy, Spillers and a couple of other 40-plussers and we might race 2 classes next week for the extra practice  ;)

oldskoolsux

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Cheers mike for donating the case of relentless for the fastest lap. No surprise that Lewis Lacey won with a 38.'sec lap  :shocked: That lad has to much skill.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 08:38 PM »
The weather today was quite amazing especially when I got home to find that just 50 miles away it was overcast all day.  I reckon Russ's estimate of numbers was a bit mean with more like 300 riders, parents, grandparents plus all the local councillors and the delightful Kaddy Lee Preston.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves albeit we had a visit from the local ambulance service twice throughout the day.  We had a few races for all manner of mixed groups including some of the councillors and the local community copper, who won the race on my WTP cruiser (the first and probably last time the bike will ever be first over the finish line).  Big thanks to everyone who made it all happen especially RussP who was run ragged by it all and we're just waiting now for good weather next Sunday and loads of help.  Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 08:58 PM »
My pleasure, Russ.  LL was Cool J to watch.  So fast and smooth and his line down the second to last straight was amazing (had to be seen to be believed).

Humps, Kaddy came third on your cruiser behind my Josh and another kid  ;)

Josh loved the track (despite his crash on the last straight) and told his mum he was the first ever winner of a race at Herne Bay  :4_17_5:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 09:53 PM »
And courtesy of BigLav here's one for Dave:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!  We'll never hear the end of this one!!  :D  Humps

oldskoolsux

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13 AM »
The pervert probably had a sex wee

TK The Mic

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 08:27 AM »
Top day yesterday, well done to Russ , Steve and everyone else putting that together. So many people there , dont think steve and Russ knew what hit 'em.
Great to see so many locals involved, god knows what the turnout will be this Sunday, I cant wait :daumenhoch:

TK

Rooonga

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Is it me, or does Dave's hand look a little too high?

had a great time there- can't wait til next Sunday!!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Here's a few pics from BigLav of todays event
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n21/simon120/herne%20opening/
and there's some more on
http://stevehale.zenfolio.com/p498885745/
Enjoy.  Humps

PS:  Re Dave's hand, I'm sure he'll be on later to give his version!!   ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:31 PM by Humps00 »

dialledbikes

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 05:08 PM »
He probably hasn't washed that hand yet  ;) :D

wolfybmx

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Is it me, or does Dave's hand look a little too high?

yes quite  >:( not the perfct gentleman... i also hear he offered to walk her home :2funny:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 06:51 PM »
OK, let's get the captions 'off topic' in the "Lounge" at http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=61475.0 Go for it!!  Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Hump bump

SOUTH Region BMX Series Round 3 – Herne Bay - 11th May

East Kent BMX is proud to be hosting our first race, which will be round 3 of the SOUTH regional series on May 11th.  It will be on our brand new track built by Phil “Hudu” Charnley, which has had nothing but good praise by everyone who has ridden it so far.  Seven straights of pure jump and berm radness. Come along and get rad!

Event Info
Registration: 09.30am-11.00am (no late registrations accepted) - Racing starts: 12.30pm approx
Race Fees: Novice £5 - Expert £10 (2nd class is additional £6, eg. Expert & Cruiser or Cruiser and OS)
All Expert riders will need a minimum BC Bronze Licence to compete.  We would also encourage all riders to get a British Cycling membership.

The track is on Ford Road, Broomfield, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 7AD.  It’s only 2mins from A299 (main dual carriage way after M2) and will be sign posted.  Please Note: The car park is yet to be tested to full capacity, so please could you assist us by parking as sensibly as possible.

For more info please keep an eye on http://www.eastkentbmx.co.uk or email us on eastkentbmx@hotmail.com.
Hope to see you all at one of the raddest tracks in the UK.

Rooonga

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09 PM »
I thought I heard talk of old schoolers racing 2 classes, wondered if anyone was gonna try it?

It killed me when I tried it at BADBMX, but would still think about it again. (Dunno about here though.....)

Anyway - who's coming????

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 07:19 PM »
talk of old schoolers racing 2 classes

Come on Paul you know better than that.  Old Schoolers "talk".  But racing two classes.  Hah.  :idiot2: Most of them would be gasping for a fag after the first moto and would be just rolling around for the second one.   :D  Humps  ;)

hooga1975

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Gate practice tomorrow night (Wednesday 7th May) from 6:00ish until dark.  Should be a nice evening if the weatherforecast holds good.  Humps

oldmankev

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2008, 09:06 PM »
I am going back in time 20 odd years for this one, my dad is
taking me as i am carless at the moment and mums coming
along as well they are in their 70s.

spillers#1

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Kev my mum and brother came to cheddar to watch me race and i binned it in front of me mum  :LolLolLolLol: she came running down the hill to see how i was but i was,very embarassing  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Kev my mum and brother came to cheddar to watch me race and i binned it in front of me mum  :LolLolLolLol: she came running down the hill to see how i was but i was,very embarassing  :LolLolLolLol:

Your mum can still run???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Round 3 of SOUTH Region Summer Series - 11th May

gfxgfx
gfx gfx