gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 10:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bike insurance
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bike insurance  (Read 683 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Bike insurance
« on: April 26, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Im looking around for some contents insurance, as the old ones up soon , who are you guys with , that also covers your bmx s. Looking to get a few quotes , cheaper the better :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Bike insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:00 AM »
just up your total limit on contents..mines up to 65k....and single item limit at 1500 quid except the changa long which is itemised....everything else comes in under that figure....barclays..give about 65 quid a month for buildings and contents,

:daumenhoch:

dj_benice

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01 AM »
just up your total limit on contents..mines up to 65k....and single item limit at 1500 quid except the changa long which is itemised....everything else comes in under that figure....barclays..give about 65 quid a month for buildings and contents,

:daumenhoch:

Note, lives in palace, my contents is about £6.50 a month, note live in hobbit hole, not a sackvilles baggins mind

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Now with JT saying single item £1500, and bear in mind insurance people are absolute bell ends when it comes to trying to wriggle out of paying, my argument would be that a custom built bike made up of individual parts wouldn't count as single item just because they're bolted together. Do you think they wouldn't  see it that way? If your hifi separates got nicked does that count as a single item because interconnects are holding them together? Same with computer gear.  See my point....?

antiquebmx

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 05:18 PM »
Now with JT saying single item £1500, and bear in mind insurance people are absolute bell ends when it comes to trying to wriggle out of paying, my argument would be that a custom built bike made up of individual parts wouldn't count as single item just because they're bolted together. Do you think they wouldn't  see it that way? If your hifi separates got nicked does that count as a single item because interconnects are holding them together? Same with computer gear.  See my point....?

Im with Direct line, but a good point need to check the limit on mine etc.    Also no one bolts the bit together do they  :)  you know what I mean,  they are loosely fitted  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:   seperate items!!

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09 PM »
a bike constitues a bike..not the itemised parts of it..if you have a bike built up that values higher, itemise it....why argue with some bell end loss adjuster...

best person to comment here will probably be radman...

mark 2

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I just don't like these arseholes using small print and paper thin excuses to try and screw you for more money and then do what they can to try and wriggle out of coughing up......

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:07 PM »
second that, however, following zillions of pieces of shit falsifying insurance claims, you can hardly blame them fr tightening up there systems to the point of overkill..

shame as you pay though the nose and risk not getting paid out due to innocent mistakes....

just gotta make sure your stuffs as safe as it can be, and make sure you make sure you've read the small print....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bike insurance

gfxgfx
gfx gfx