gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 12:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Moderators
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 3825 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Moderators
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:21 PM »
It was nice to see a refreshing change of Modship this week, with some popular Radsters coming on board to help keep us all on the straight and narrow.

My question is this?? Why not have an annual election for some of the Mod positions, I realise that some jobs are not up for grabs ala Dave Bill and Orb, but I think it would dust a few cobwebs, give existing mods a break so they can actually enjoy rad and not look at it as a chore.
Anyone could be nominated as a Mod including existing mods.

what do you lot think??

Oh and another idea along these lines, is more section mods, like me and Alex looking after their own sections. You get to know your own sections and can keep a closer eye on it :daumenhoch:

Bloody hell, you could even get rid of me :-* :angel:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:36 PM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Trev

Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:23 PM »
i'll second that. get that Ratty out.  ;D

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:23 PM »
ill third it trev   :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:24 PM »
ill third it trev   :LolLolLolLol: 
I knew I could count on me biatches :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Trev

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26 PM »
i vote 69ner in....

that post he done about a year ago asking if he could be a mod is still the funniest thing i've ever read on here.
the "if i choose to accept" line was pure genius.

i'm gonna see if i can find that thread.

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  its all good tone, i think voting is a good idea,   :daumenhoch:  is bmxboy13 in the running aswell   :2funny:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39 PM »
 ::)

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46 PM »

I often ask the wife to get her Rat out, are we talking about the same thing Trev?? :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:51 PM »

I often ask the wife to get her Rat out, are we talking about the same thing Trev?? :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:  I did actually type "get the rat out", but thought that would sound wrong, so changed it....

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Well if Rad was a democracy then it would be fine, however it`s a dictatorship with me Dave and Ollie as the dictators, so unlucky  :police:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Lazarou

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02 PM »
You can't have a Dictator called Ollie Bill it's not right.

We should give the loonies a go! like 69er, Rubber Ducky, Priv etc.

Flaz

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 06:11 AM »
elections for moderators  :LolLolLolLol: ive heard it all now      and also a dictatorship run by three people  :LolLolLolLol:  :crazy2:

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 06:18 AM »
is this russia   :LolLolLolLol:  can i have a potato please   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Let them eat cõcks

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 08:59 AM »
I want to touch ORB

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Hello Sailor

jackel

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 04:23 PM »
personally agree with the dictatership if there ends up being a prick mod its down to the three zsars ;D :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Personally, I dont much give a fook how people think this site should be run. It is run the way it is for a reason.

The site was originally created to provide a place for likeminded people to use, people who have a love for old school BMX.

Infact, thinking about it, the above is correct, but it is not the full truth, we created this site as a joke one thursday evening when I had drank too much and Rom Bloke had been upsetting people over the pond, I suggested it as a giggle, and we thought about it and that night, rad was born.

So, we do our best, this site by rights should not be here, it happened as a joke, but people thought it was a good idea and joined up in thier droves, and here we are. So by thinking that it is not run as it should be annoys me, as I think we do very well if you take into account that we all have lives outside BMX, we all have familys and we all have shit going on. 

After a while Me, Dave and the instantly appointed Billy decided we needed help with keeping an eye on the gaff, so we asked some people to help, some people who had been beside us all the way, then we needed more help, so we got more people, we dont just go to the member list and select a name at random, we already know who is going to be asked to help well in advance as we need to know and trust these people.

I have more to say, but I dont feel we need to explain our actions.

Basicly, we do as we please, thats how it is, and thats how it always will be.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Tony you started this post but I don't want you to think this drunken rant is aimed at you cos it ain't, you're a rider and a main stay here and I hope to show you my arse at Herne Bay this year. 

But Getting back to how a feel at the moment and where this post's sending me as a moderator I have to say that If I had it my way I’d probably delete 50% of the mindless drivel this site has now become inundated with.

We have members that do nothing but post jokes, people that have no more interest in the site other than how much money they can make or what they can do to manipulate the market place, I keep seeing posts from new members with valid questions being hammered into the ground by our older members purely because they're asking questions that they feel should be common knowledge? So instead of getting advise they get the pi$$ taken out of them.

Like that whole NOOB culture?

There's not many left that were here when I was a NooB Stuntmaster-Ron,B-Retrogeez-Dan-Kirk-Dingo-Waxin to name a few, I don't remember any of them hammering me? I don't remember anyone giving it the large. There were no keyboard warriors cos you knew you'd be meeting with them in the next six months and this stuff always looks different when it's face to face. We are friends.

It seems to me that all a lot of you seem to want to do is pi$$ and moan about the way things are going.  Like the way things are going has anything to do with us, the RADBMX team? We have absolutely no control over it if I’m honest. Stuff happens and all we can do is delete or edit and try to moderate it the best we can for the love of it and all we're trying to achieve is a happy medium somewhere between what we had and where we now find ourselves. At the end of that fooking day everybody keeps going on about though, the people that make this site what it is-is you and as of late it's not been somewhere I’ve wanted to go much, but that can change it has before.

We all came here in the first place for one reason and that is for our love of BMX being old or new, It seems to me a lot of you have forgotten that and think it's more about this website. It's not. RADBMX.co.uk was always a means to an ends. Somewhere like minded old BMXers could come and meet up and have a laugh. So stop your moaning, or if not why don't you just fook off and find another hobby cos I know I’m not the only one that's had enough of ya.

Springs round the corner and I hope you'll all be doing more of what I will and that's riding. Look back at the same time last year an you'll see more of the same.

FFS give it a rest. MK is on our doorstep and we're going to have a major crack there.

Get yer bike out and go for a ride, I have and it's a mind mend a shrink can't sell ya.

Ride on!

zed4130

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 06:18 AM »
Personally, I dont much give a fook how people think this site should be run. .

Tony was only asking a question ? why getting so worked up . do the site as you wont, its your site , and a great one, it needs to lighten up on here, ive thrown my dummy out too many times, but at the end of the day this is the best OS site on the web, and i love it here, run it as you like, its all good, but surly its nice if memebers have ideas, ? Rad rules , lets all chill out  :) 

paul

se bikes

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 07:39 AM »
As ZED said it was only a suggestion and not a criticism of how the site is run.  At the end of the day anyone who assists in the running of the site by purchasing a site supporter tag/purchasing products which provide a donation has a right to air an idea/opinion without fear of ridicule or being told to fook off.

Cake and eat it comes to mind, you want people to help to fund the running of the site but when an opinion is aired they're told piss off moaning, it's our site we'll run it our way, is it a democracy or dictatorship, you decide.......

:rant:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Personally, I dont much give a fook how people think this site should be run. It is run the way it is for a reason.

The site was originally created to provide a place for likeminded people to use, people who have a love for old school BMX.

Infact, thinking about it, the above is correct, but it is not the full truth, we created this site as a joke one thursday evening when I had drank too much and Rom Bloke had been upsetting people over the pond, I suggested it as a giggle, and we thought about it and that night, rad was born.

So, we do our best, this site by rights should not be here, it happened as a joke, but people thought it was a good idea and joined up in thier droves, and here we are. So by thinking that it is not run as it should be annoys me, as I think we do very well if you take into account that we all have lives outside BMX, we all have familys and we all have shit going on. 

After a while Me, Dave and the instantly appointed Billy decided we needed help with keeping an eye on the gaff, so we asked some people to help, some people who had been beside us all the way, then we needed more help, so we got more people, we dont just go to the member list and select a name at random, we already know who is going to be asked to help well in advance as we need to know and trust these people.

LMAO

at last we have the text for the new homepage........
I want to touch ORB

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Tony was only asking a question ? why getting so worked up .

as bob said

]
Tony you started this post but I don't want you to think this drunken rant is aimed at you cos it ain't, you're a rider and a main stay here and I hope to show you my arse at Herne Bay this year. 

At the end of the day anyone who assists in the running of the site by purchasing a site supporter tag/purchasing products which provide a donation has a right to air an idea/opinion without fear of ridicule or being told to fook off.

as are Bob and Ollie.
I want to touch ORB

zed4130

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 09:21 AM »

LMAO

at last we have the text for the new homepage........

:LolLolLolLol: 

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 09:35 AM »
is this russia   :LolLolLolLol:  can i have a potato please   :LolLolLolLol:

Dont eat tators if they have been on a dic, there seems to be dictators everywhere. Be careful and eat well
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Moderators

gfxgfx
gfx gfx