gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 08:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  whats your favourite part of any bmx mag
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: whats your favourite part of any bmx mag  (Read 761 times)

zed4130

whats your favourite part of any bmx mag
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:30 AM »
whats your favourite part of any bmx mag  :daumenhoch: mines the pro bike check in bmx plus and ride , its nice to see all those mods, and special prototype parts, whats your favourite bit, any bmx mag and why    :daumenhoch:

paul

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: whats your favourite part of any bmx mag
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:55 AM »
always liked the bike reviews myself.......they don't tend to do it that much anymore though  :-\

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:09 AM »
have ride stoped doing that rob, i like these aswell, product tests are cool aswell  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:25 AM by ZED »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:16 AM »
to be honest i very rarely buy it these days  :-\  full of too many adds

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 08:27 AM »
to be honest i very rarely buy it these days  :-\  full of too many adds

its funny i love looking at the old adds, but these days some mags seem same ol smae ol, i love bmx plus as its got racing and freestyle etc, but i havnt been able to get it for ages ,   :-\   ill try again with my local newsagent , i know comag get it,

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42 AM »
as them to order it in for you, my local newsagent will order anything in if you want it  ;)

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 09:54 AM »
as them to order it in for you, my local newsagent will order anything in if you want it  ;)

they did use to get it for me a few years back got it for ages , cancaled it because i was getting so many mags at the time,  when i asked a while back, the said it had stopped   :uglystupid2: i will try again  ;) looks like just you and me on here then rob   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 10:18 AM »
The anticipation it might have something worth reading in it.

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I like seeing good photos.

perry

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59 AM »
havnt bought a bike mag in years but i do like spying on the "pro" bikes even though they are just an ad for the sponsors and usually covered in the sponsors taiwanese parts list with "mods" listed as cut bars and seatpost  ::)

george frenchs column in ride was good and can be found on his site

i liked digs unsound , mostly due to brian tunneys style of writing

the product " reviews" are worthless to me as i can see the stuff on the companys site and often the mag doesnt even use the thing , just copy out the marketing spiel  >:( and even if it was crap , would they say so if that company had an ad on the next page  ::)

best thing ive read in a bmx mag was an old ride that had a write up on a backyard jam , no results list , no sponsor arse licking , just the journey  :) sometimes i grab the mag and re read

best bike mag ive read was the old GRIP which was mountain bike/moto x concentrating on the downhill/dual side of things , it was edited by the old editor of DIRT and had a very grass roots feel that didnt force products on the readers but instead instilled a sense of friends on dirt , sadly it was harder than retro ford to get hold of and i think it only lasted 6 issues

ive been thinking of getting the latest issue of DIRT and seeing whats what there

magna13

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 11:00 AM »
my favorite bit is at the back where they show the OS stuff  :daumenhoch:, the iconic section

zed4130

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13 AM »
i did love the section in dirt (44-16) think its gone now, too many people moaning about bmx in dirt  :uglystupid2: it was the reason i got it, it had dirt jumping mtb's, plus bmx racing etc, was a good alround mag, sadly the pro bike section is getting abit the same perry i agree, cut bars hardly a seat at all , and no paint, but then its all fashion  ;) good photo's help,  :daumenhoch:  my favourite mag was snap, but sadly gone, rides getting better, and yep the OS bit is cool zak,   :4_17_5:

lodge

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13 AM »
The Brian Foster Interview in Ride uk was the best interview I've read in years.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 11:19 AM »
think the latest issue of ride is shit  :-\

perry

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 11:21 AM »
that wouldnt surprise me zed , a bmx will always be better than a £2000 mtb , no matter how much like a bmx they become

i found out yesterday that a cruiser isnt legal in  4x racing , thatl be because they are faster  ;D

DIRT used to have a good blend , im off to find my old copys  :)

zed4130

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 11:29 AM »
that wouldnt surprise me zed , a bmx will always be better than a £2000 mtb , no matter how much like a bmx they become

i found out yesterday that a cruiser isnt legal in  4x racing , thatl be because they are faster  ;D

DIRT used to have a good blend , im off to find my old copys  :)

ive got dirt from 99-04ish, but lost interest once they stopped putting bmx stuff in, and yep bmx cruiser much faster, and too be honest the original dirt jumper  ;)

magna13

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 11:31 AM »
well my shop still sells this mag... i think!! lol

zed4130

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 11:32 AM »
well my shop still sells this mag... i think!! lol

yep you can still buy dirt zak, but no bmx in it anymore  :daumenhoch:

mi16kie

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 06:25 PM »
The new ride mag pages 122 to 125.
    Its the jam i organized at easter :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  whats your favourite part of any bmx mag

gfxgfx
gfx gfx