gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975747 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 10, 2024, 08:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER  (Read 26064 times)

COZZFATHER

Re: DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 01:52 PM »
wonder iff any other  outside suppliers who did stuff for DP Racing  are still trading to day as if they are i'll go round  and see if their still going as i live near to Aber parc Flint, i have written to my local paper that goes round deeside to see if anyone remembers DP RACING, but tbh Trevor posting up is great news.
 :)

did DP RACING ever sell complete bikes or just f+f and stuff seperatly??

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 02:31 PM »
F+F's seperately only (+ bars and seatposts)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 11:02 PM »
Gaz Top's stunt double - DP factory rider!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04 AM »
Great thread!!

It's awesome to hear such excitement again - I was exactly the same when I re-discovered old-school and tracked down my actual bike from BITD and then re-built it.

Welcome to the site Cozzfather, Trev and Gary. Enjoy.

BTW I've got a great feature interview on DP Racing in an old Action Bike, it has pictures of the factory and an interview with the owner - I'll try and get round to scanning it soon.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Dave

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 11:01 AM »
Glen 1984 KOS

:daumenhoch:

COZZFATHER

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 12:50 PM »

Welcome to the site Cozzfather, Trev and Gary. Enjoy.

CheeRS Dave, i can't wait for ya to get scanning  :D

COZZFATHER

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 12:49 PM »
well my letter in the local paper has had a reply from a Firebird fan who is from Chester like me and he seems to really miss his old DP, he mentioned to me a website called "RAD BMX" Where you can find Firebirds  :daumenhoch:

my mate who is from Flintshire said there was no letters page in the local paper this week so hopefully it will go in this week,
 i'm hoping to get a response seeing as thats where they were made.

my bike this week got NOS f+r green Dia Compe Mx brake cables still new in the bag, and a pair of NOS green Haro freestyle tyres just the same as i used in the 80's, also  got a pair of tubes for them.
 :D

macky

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 01:33 PM »

Anyone have a smoked Chrome Firebird??

my brother used to have one... never saw one like it since then!!  :-\

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 05:37 AM »
yeah , great thread. and lets not forget, it was another great DP fresstyler thread that started RadBMX :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

COZZFATHER

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 10:22 AM »
yeah , great thread. and lets not forget, it was another great DP fresstyler thread that started RadBMX :LolLolLolLol:

any link to that thread mate or who posted it??
 cheeRS

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 10:29 AM »

any link to that thread mate or who posted it??
 cheeRS

Can of worms...check out the 'other' site.

MINI_BURNER

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 12:27 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm new to old school BMX and to this site.  However I keep hearing about the "other" site, anyone care to PM me the details of the "other" site too? :daumenhoch:

firebird

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 01:51 PM »

that's the limited edition freestyler your talking about, they only made 1000 of them. only ever seen 1 on ebay

steve

macky

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 03:02 PM »

that's the limited edition freestyler your talking about, they only made 1000 of them. only ever seen 1 on ebay

steve

Limited edition eh...   didn't know that!!

love to see one again.....

gotta be some of them still around!!!

firebird

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 08:25 PM »
i hope so, i would love one in my collection

haro__master1985

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 05:27 PM »
My chrome one hasnt got a frame number either ,but the 1 i had bitd had it stamped on the rear brake / seat gusset if i remember correctly ?

Does this also mean that the one with no frame number should have the black/gold early decals ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:34 PM by haro__master1985 »

COZZFATHER

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 05:44 PM »

they say god loves a tryer well i have hopefully coming my way another DP FIREBIRD FRESTYLER and wait for it

l
a
d
d
e
r

b
a
r
s

:angel:

firebird

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 11:20 PM »
My chrome one hasnt got a frame number either ,but the 1 i had bitd had it stamped on the rear brake / seat gusset if i remember correctly ?

Does this also mean that the one with no frame number should have the black/gold early decals ?

i would say it would have the black and gold decals, they would have use the same decals sa the firebird and delta2 at that time, my chrome frame has a frame number of 0490 and that had the red decals fitted. i wonder how many where made without the frame numbers stamped on the gusset. could you send me a picture of the frame without the number?

steve

ROX

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36 PM »
Steve, I sent you a pic of my old original Firebird last week, would that have a frame number on it, and if so where?

COZZFATHER

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I  haven't seen a smoked chrome firebird freestyler in years in fact probably since 1987, i had a bronze one and that was
a very rare bike, i saw some with the dp cut out but mine according to my mate whos brother worked in the powder coating factory was a pre-production trial frame,some other funky colours came out of there one being lemon.

all the frame numbers on firebird  freestylers i ever saw were above the rear brake hole.
the chrome firebird freestylers look  kinda funny with the early graphics,i always prefered the later ones.

heres a question for ya, is the dp decal on the ladder bars the same as the dp decal on the head tube???????? :D
the black decal looks the same size to me

haro__master1985

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 04:34 PM »

i would say it would have the black and gold decals, they would have use the same decals sa the firebird and delta2 at that time, my chrome frame has a frame number of 0490 and that had the red decals fitted. i wonder how many where made without the frame numbers stamped on the gusset. could you send me a picture of the frame without the number?

steve

Do you want the whole frame (pic) or just the gusset  ;D

If i remember correctly ,i think my chrome 1  from bitd had dp cut out of the gusset as well as the frame # may have been 61## ?
Did they go that high ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:40 PM by haro__master1985 »

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Refering to the DP stamp in the platform, I had a GL plus frame a few years ago that had aformentioned cut out in it. It was bare metal when I got it, and was without a frame number. I sold it for £90 on ebay. I think it went to a lad from Cornwall.

Also, there have been a few rumors in the past of a place where there are a load of Freestylers that were never sold, but I dont know where or how many.

I had a NOS frame a while ago, and this has to have come from somewhere!

S1

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I had two DP Freestylers, a chrome one and a white one. The white one went back to the factory and was redone in pink along with bars & seatpost. At least one was stamped with numbers on the rear brake stay. Both had the DP cutout. IIRC at least one had holes to run the cables through the frame. Sold em both for next to nothing  :idiot2:

firebird

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Steve, I sent you a pic of my old original Firebird last week, would that have a frame number on it, and if so where?

which one was that ROX? i have had a few in the past week or so.

i haven't seen a limited edition dp with the dp cut out the gusset yet, all the pics i have seen they just look like standard freestylers.

im sure the handlebar decals would be the same as the head tube decals, they wouldn't make a load of smaller ones just for the bars when they already had some that would fit.

im going to be adding a load of photos to my dp frames page on my web site soon. close ups of the drop outs and gussets. there are also 3 different versions of the firebird frame that i have found.

if you have a dp and its not already in the gallery please fell free to send me a picture over.

steve

COZZFATHER

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 01:24 PM »
nice to see s1 on here as he's a fellow passion ford user and iirc the chap who told me about here :D

i have perused my DP LADDER BARS and the  2 DECALS fitted look the same as the frame, mine are 100% original,  just put
on at a slight angle,the other one is the same as the seat tube.

here is another DP question for the RAD BMX DP FIREBIRD officianados :P  mine has 2 stickers one either side of the lower tube
going into the rear dropout, one says MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN,what does the other side say ?????

made in Great Britain huh :2funny: should have been MADE IN NORTH WALES...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DP RACING FIREBIRD FREESTYLER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx