gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 06:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: s&m mad dog  (Read 7569 times)

EL CID

Re: s&m mad dog
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 12:44 AM »
411.84 us wowsers   glad you got you a new pet everyone needs a little MAD DOG

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Yep, the dollar aint that good at the moment.  :)

Mad Dog frames werent much less than that in the UK in the late 80s/early 90s when they were new, so its not like they have gone up loads. (Not like that JMC that just sold for £720!)

almasterb

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 12:50 AM »
Glad you got it. Well done.  :daumenhoch:

Are there any more frames you need or does the Mad Dog complete your collection for now?

EL CID

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 12:52 AM »
prices were really that high over there back then dammit I guess my stuff would have lasted longer lol  I would really love to have the dog.Its going to a good home and will have lots of mates.

EL CID

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 12:55 AM »
forks just went for 93.71 us  another high

SaMAlex

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 12:57 AM »

Are there any more frames you need or does the Mad Dog complete your collection for now?

Its def a good one to get. It was the first S&M (almost) and there werent many of them around, even at the time. The only 1" S&M I dont have now is a menstual, which strictly speaking, wasnt an S&M. It was sort of a sister company under S&M. I will keep on the lookout for one of them but that would be the last one.

I just gotta get round to building them all now!

prices were really that high over there back

Most "good" BMX frames were around £150+ from the mid 80s, £200+ by the 90s. They are pretty much always the same £ for $. Its just the shipping and import tax that stops everyone from the UK buying from the US

baldbmxer

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 12:57 AM »
I got outbid on the forks - 1'' pitchforks are just meant to be for me!

Glad you got the Madd Dog Alex  :daumenhoch:

EL CID

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 01:01 AM »
I got pounded on the forks as well I sawed it off early and watched. Alex if you need any help on shipping you got info just let me know.

SaMAlex

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 01:09 AM »
Alex if you need any help on shipping you got info just let me know.

Thanks mate. I will send a few emails to some people I know in the US tomorrow, but if I get stuck I will let you know.

RyanPartridge

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 02:03 AM »
Awsome score! Quite a rare frame...

I'd say by the serial number and photos that it's a Mad Dog "standard pro" without the double dropouts.

darkersomeday

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 02:34 AM »

Right, now can I sell joe my red dirtbike?
:LolLolLolLol:

chuffed you got it dude, get in there! :daumenhoch:

at last eh??!!

Matt S.

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 04:17 AM »
Oh man Alex,

I just saw this thread and didn't realize you were going for it(read the "US ONLY" stipulation and didn't think about looking on here for interest. I threw in two bids at the end but I am now absolutely thrilled you got it. Congrats!!!   :daumenhoch:

When it went under a minute and it was still under $230, I actually thought for one split second I had a chance at it  ;D  Good for you man! I don't know how I would have explained the money for the Mad Dog AND the Dirtbike stickers from the night before to my bank lady  :LolLolLolLol:

When you get a chance, how about a quick  parts list on how you are going to build it. I want to picture it in my head at least ;)

To think I sold my chrome '89 Mad Dog frame and fork for around $170 a year or two ago :'(

Well done, man.

-Matt

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 06:13 AM »
wicked mate    :)   i made it up for work too   :)

Lazarou

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 06:23 AM »
Well done Bundy!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 06:24 AM »
well done Alex  :daumenhoch:

now start building them all for MK

maybe they could have an S&M tent  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

woody allen bars

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 07:31 AM »
That's a great way to start a Monday morning, really pleased that you got that pup Alex  8)

Craig

dialledbikes

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Good catch Alex.  It would be cool to see it built up as a Chris Moeller replica like in those photos.

dialledbikes

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Awsome score! Quite a rare frame...

I'd say by the serial number and photos that it's a Mad Dog "standard pro" without the double dropouts.

I'm surprised that even then the "long" frame was only 18.25" top tube.  Who said S&M's weren't old school  ;)

subversion

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Well done alex, real chuffed for you scoring your holy grail at last :daumenhoch:
Also the fact that you other blokes held off on the bidding is a real credit to you all & why RAD is so great :)

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Thanks for all the kind works and support on this one guys. Ive been in a happy place all day (although I could have done with a bit more sleep! haha).

The seller guy has been emailing me, he seems like a top bloke, and even he was stoked that I won it. He said that he looked in on this thread, (its a double dropout XL frame) so I guess he is a RAD member  :daumenhoch:

This is more of the style build Im going for. I dont really like Chrome frames but the decals are original and in great condition so I will leave it like it is. I have had the black Tuffs put by for ages waiting for the frame and I will use a pair of the older, big Slam bars. If anyone has any parts they see on this bike, feel free to offer them to me.

subversion

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Al best you change that text under your avatar dude ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Al best you change that text under your avatar dude

Oh yes, thanks. I forgot about that.

Its done  :daumenhoch:

b45t4rd

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Are they Gt power series cranks? Need to check but I might have a set if needed.

SaMAlex

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Are they Gt power series cranks? Need to check but I might have a set if needed.

Oh yes, thats exactly what they are.

Let me know what you find, thanks  :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 08:56 PM »
mental bike that  mmm mmmmmmmmm m   

what stem is going on it alex

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog

gfxgfx
gfx gfx