gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  never volunteer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: never volunteer  (Read 793 times)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
never volunteer
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:33 PM »
when i first left school in 1984 my first job was a mechanic for the local council, all the roughy heads worked their, and always told me to never volunteer for anything!

so which brings me to this thread headlining were i am volunteering (if the conditions are right) to offer my services at MK08.

I have been self employed now for several years now, doing S.M.A.R.T repairs for the motor trade and private customers too.

SMART is the trade name for a mobile car body repairs, i can get most repairs 99% perfect ,which is all the a body shop could offer you.I can repair vandle scratches, small bashes, scuffed and cracked bumpers, alloy wheel refurbs.

i can match over 50,000 colours, which i can do onsite,by computer(doesnt it sound technical),so you can guess that ive sprayed all my bikes with 2 pack paints which look brilliant when done carefully in the right conditions,as i am outside. I have also done friends bikes in pearl finishes as well.I also have a few candy shades as well.

So if their is enough interest at MK08, i will be in my van, i will bring with me a couple of my bikes to show, i am offering to basecoat and laquar anyones frame,forks and bars,as long as they have done all the prep work and have left is rubbed down in no courser than 400's to enable the basecoat to key. so if you fancy that murcielago orange or green on your bike then this could be your chance.

for me to be able to carry out this service i have a few conditions that must be met, first is the weather, its no use trying to get a perfect job done in the rain and wind, especialy if its dusty.

i will need a power point, as i dont carry a generater(no room in van) i will have to plug in somewhere or use someone elses generater.

if its a car colour you want me too match then i will need to have the paint code of the vehicle, pm me if your unsure were this may be.

now that volunteering bit, obviously the paint will cost me,  so i will charge £20 for frame and forks, £25 if there are bars as well, and a donation to the site, so maybe £40 and £50 respectively.

remember all the conditions have to be met, i.e weather, power point, prep work. I will not be able to do prep work as time will not allow.

this job to me is a labour of love, so all the time needed will be spent to get a job done as perfect as possible, useing the best paints available.

if this is a shite idea let me know so i can forget about it and enjoy the weekend at MK08...thanks sam :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: never volunteer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 04:32 PM »
give him a slap dan, he's stealing your customer base.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:42 PM »
me thinks, everyone is politely saying shite idea, ok i'm not hurt :'(

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Yeah, sorry Carcos, Nice idea but we have enough variables to worry about as it is without adding a paint shop into the mix. Anyway with all that sand and dirt flying about it'll be sandpaper frames all round.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:26 AM »
you are probably right, supose the roughyheads were right too," never volunteer for anything". :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:07 AM »
i'm still finding MK 07 dust on some bits of old bikes! 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:30 PM »
great idea, but would be a nightmare. I couldnt see out of my windscreen after last years race due to all the dust :-\
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 12:48 AM »
my bike looked ace with track dust on it from that weekend. i was very proud of that track dust

Lazarou

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Just enjoy the weekend, have a roll around the track it's going to be great!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 01:22 PM »
tell you the truth, i am a bit glad, i would have done it, but i realy want to relax and enjoy like you said, rather than have my hands in thinners and paint all weekend, :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 01:24 PM »
it such a cool weekend!  my lad wants to come along but fook that!  i want to relax and have a great time.....oh and maybe a little beer as well  :daumenhoch:

so kids at home and it's bikes and beer all weekend   :4_17_5:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 08:11 PM »
sounds good, i came down down last year on saturday, but we only stayed of couple of hours, hope to get b+b this time, and stay both days, dont do that camping malarky, i like to have a dump on a proper toilet :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  never volunteer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx