gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old bmx mags 1983-86
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old bmx mags 1983-86  (Read 892 times)

rossyboy

Old bmx mags 1983-86
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Just after some advise ive got a collection of 126 bmx weekly,bi weekly and bmx action bike magazines how much do you think thay are worth and were would i sell them, had them for the last 25 years and need the space. 

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Old bmx mags 1983-86
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:50 PM »
speak to Moley first as i'm sure he would want some to scan for his website before anything.

then your best bet would be ebay mate

moley

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Yeah,  I'm after some mags.

I'm going to scan them all in let everyone download them for free.

I'm mental like that.

PM me a list of all your magazines.

I'll look through them and make you an offer on the one's I want.

If you don't like the offer then you don't have to accept.  You can take your chances on Ebay.

I wont rip you off.  I'm willing to offer good money for magazines.

gossa

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Yeah,  I'm after some mags.

I'm going to scan them all in let everyone download them for free.

I'm mental like that.

PM me a list of all your magazines.

I'll look through them and make you an offer on the one's I want.

If you don't like the offer then you don't have to accept.  You can take your chances on Ebay.

I wont rip you off.  I'm willing to offer good money for magazines.

Where d'ya live moley?

moley

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:03 PM »
I live in Flookburgh, South Lake District, Cumbria.

If you remember all those chinese cocklers that drowned 2 years ago.  Thats where they started from.

gossa

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:06 PM »
I live in Flookburgh, South Lake District, Cumbria.

If you remember all those chinese cock-a-doodle-dolers that drowned 2 years ago.  Thats where they started from.

mmm. wish you were local (dorset), i've got boxes full you could scan.  I'm after the BMX Racer & Freestyle with the slough worlds in it (sept/oct 2006?).

moley

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I'm after the BMX Racer & Freestyle with the slough worlds in it (sept/oct 2006?).

I just bought that one today.   

I should have it by the end of the week.

I'll scan it for all to view.

gossa

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I'm after the BMX Racer & Freestyle with the slough worlds in it (sept/oct 2006?).

I just bought that one today.   

I should have it by the end of the week.

I'll scan it for all to view.

Ah mate, theres a full page piccie of me in there from Slough Worlds, black zeronine racegear, if you can scan and email me or post that page i'll send you some mags in return!

moley

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Gossa,

Send me a list of all your magazines.

I am making a list of magazines and whose got them. 

If I can't buy'em, I'll borrow them.

When kdw712 and I run out of things to scan then I'm going to scan other peoples magazines to finish off the collection.

Some gentle arm-twisting to persuade a few people might be in order.

Hopefully with the help of people on this Forum.  We can get it all finished within the year.

I will definitely scan that BMX Racer + Freestyle issue for you and I'll post the Pic and email you as well.

It'll be one of the first mags I scan this month.    I'm a bit too busy programming my new website at the moment.  It's taking ages!!!

gossa

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:54 PM »
All cool moley, i'll dig me mags out.

moley

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Hey, whose messing with my posts!!!!!!

Unless I blacked out while typing I'm 100% sure I didn't type
If you remember all those chinese cock-a-doodle-dolers that drowned 2 years ago.  Thats where they started from.

Your all starting to creep me out now.   I'm getting a bit paranoid!!!!!!!

kingkeef

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10 PM »
There must be a Market for this stuff . There is a copy of BMX action Bike(Best of 84)  ending in 30 mins time on that there ebay!!

moley

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 12:02 AM »
BMX action Bike(Best of 84).

Is that an annual or a magazine?

And how much did it go for?

There is always a market for stuff. 

It all depends on who wants it.   

If 3 people are after a certain edition of a magazine then it bumps the price up.   

If only 1 person is after it then it'll stays low.

Plus it all depends on how much money people have to spend as well.

There were 12 BMX News Magazines/Newspapers which were up on ebay over the last few days.

5 didn't even make the starting price which was £5.   The others went for £5 and £6 and 1 went for around £9 (I think) and I talked to those bidders who said they only wanted certain issues because they were in it or were there at that particular race featured in the magazine.   

A couple of BMX Bi-Weekly's also didn't sell.

I would have bought all those magazines off that chap and I did make an offer for them.   But the Bloke was greedy and saw £££££ signs and after agreeing to my offer decided to place these magazines on ebay.   After agreeing to my price, he said that he didn't feel right taking that amount of money off me as the condition of the newspapers wasn't good and he didn't want to rip me off. 

I decided that even though I wanted the magazines, I didn't want to deal with him.   So I didn't bid on them.

Now, I will not be able to scan those issues which is a real shame.

If anyone wants to put their magazines on ebay then please do so.  I'll take my chances with the rest of the general public.   I'll buy issues if I need them and I'll ignore the ones I dont need.

I advise people not to stick a high starting price on the magazines.   Alot of the magazines that didn't sell (no bidders) in the last month all had high starting prices of over £5 or more.   

At least if you start low you might hook a few fish and start a feeding frenzy.   People who bid on a low starting price tend to continue bidding because they dont want lose it.  A high starting price puts people off.   They tend to think that if it gets a couple of bids then its out of their price bracket so why bother in the first place.

Now, you might think I'm lying and trying to fool you into giving away your magazines cheaply.   Check it out for yourself.   I check ebay everyday for magazines and WATCH all magazines and books related to BMX in the UK and US.

I know exactly what prices these magazines go for. 

Some magazines just aren't selling.   Maybe the die-hard collectors like myself and Deckard have those issues already.

I know for a fact that over the last few months that I have been artificially pumping up the BMX Magazine prices.  I wanted a collection of magazines and I didn't want wait and bide my time.

If anyone noticed the prices I was buying magazines for before Christmas, they'd know that at its peak I would pay £46 for a magazine.   But that was because Deckard and me were having a right old ding-dong of a scrap on ebay.   Fighting with wallets doesn't have any winners.

It cost Deckard and me a small fortune.   

But since then we have both calmed down and Prices have fallen dramatically and returned to normal.

I wont pay over the odds for magazines anymore.   I'll pay a fair price.  I might go that extra quid or two if it fills a gap in my collection.   

But I have a huge collection now and now I want to bide my time.   I don't go after magazines as aggressively as I used to.

If anyone has any magazines then send me a list and I'll make you a fair offer.   I wont lowball you and rip you off.

If you don't like the offer then dont accept it.

Take you chances on ebay or find another buyer.

I'm quite grown up about it,   I've matured over the last few months.   My mental age must be up to 7 year old now!!!!

gossa

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Moley, I have a lot, i'll make a list

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 08:03 AM »
biagio is always advertising for magazines, he would probably swap you for a £2.99 seat clamp :LolLolLolLol:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

moley

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I'm in contact with Biagio.

He said he was willing to sell some of his duplicates so I sent him a list of magazines I wanted.

He hasn't replied yet.

I tried offering some of myduplicate magazines but he already had them all.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Who is that  Deckard, is he a member on here ???

keep it lit!

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 07:48 PM »
you mean'

.......................deckard.......................... :2funny:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 07:50 PM by keep it lit! »

moley

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I dont get it.

Whats he laughing at?

Was it a typo? 

Should he have put

..................................Dickhard.............................. :2funny:

I bet keep it lit! knows who deckard is.

Deckard's a mystery to me.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Is he a mamber on here ???????????  ???

moley

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Of course he's a member on here.   (I'm only guessing!!!)

But I bet he is.

He'll probably sneak up behind me at MK08 and goose me. 

And then introduce himself.

I might make someone else wear my RADBMX membername Badge and T-Shirt and use them as a decoy.

I'll then do a stakeout!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old bmx mags 1983-86

gfxgfx
gfx gfx