gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What is 'SUBWAX' ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is 'SUBWAX' ?  (Read 701 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
What is 'SUBWAX' ?
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Some of you may have seen my thread a few months ago where i am trying to build an early 80's Redline Proline Greg Grubbs Replica.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=51139.0

I've not been having much luck finding the F+F i need,which is fair as i dont really have any contacts or sources apart from here and the dreaded bay.I have been googling & looking around a few sites and people just tell me "find Subwax" if anyone knows their Redlines he will,and someone else said go find Subwax they'll know,etc..

So call me a dumbass n00bie,but is this Subwax a person or is it a site/shop?  ???

I've not been back in it for long,so forgive me if i've missed something here?

I 'm just about to give up with the Grubbs project i think,but i'll give it one last push.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:20 PM by Brandy Truffle »

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: What is 'SUBWAX' ?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:24 PM »
A person...

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:25 PM »
its a kind of wax.

great for polishing your bottom bracket...

no, its a person really, neil is his name.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 02:26 PM »
^^ Thanks. Is he a member here?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38 PM »
No, he's not a member on here.

i think he's on the american forums though.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55 PM »
i think neil is still a member on os-bmx.....sign up there and give him a pm, although to be fair, i dont think he misses much on here.

Dave
haro, how do you do

se bikes

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Back to the point, Im sure your looking for a PL20 frame, like the one Jim wise has for sale at the moment, or like Rattys one in the museum :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 07:31 PM »
You need a PL20 frame with a serial number starting with RB ##### for 1982...

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39 PM »
you lot are terrible as subwax is the place you get your sandwich`s from ,get with the program  :LolLolLolLol:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Back to the point, Im sure your looking for a PL20 frame, like the one Jim wise has for sale at the moment, or like Rattys one in the museum :daumenhoch:

Well, depending on what photos i base my replica on,it could be either, but the one 'Grubber' rode on the cover of BMXA (plate 51) is an unbraced one. A later photo (plate 16) and he is riding a braced frame as you can clearly see the brace while he's about 6ft in the air doing a 'Leary Lookback' so i think its safe to say he was close to the end of his time at Redline then.

So yes,it it like Rattys beauty,the one with the red rattraps in Museum. :smitten:

Jim's is the later model with the brace and of course it's white and with the incorrect decals for an 84 f+f. A bloody nice set & it was nearly mine,but fell through for various reasons my end  :-\ but maybe its for the best as i'd have had to re-chrome,re decal,blah blah..

I'm kicking myself cause the correct frame went on ebay for 60ish quid buy now recently and i missed it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310020030198

I'm sure one will turn up at some stage as WetWetWet once said.."with a little bit of help from my friends"  ;D

Back on topic and to 'Subwax', i dont know him,& i'm not a member there,so i wont cold call him at OS BMX.I doubt he wants some n00b contacting him.

Thanks for relieving me of my confusion tho  :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 09:29 PM »

Well, depending on what photos i base my replica on,it could be either, but the one 'Grubber' rode on the cover of BMXA (plate 51) is an unbraced one. A later photo (plate 16) and he is riding a braced frame as you can clearly see the brace while he's about 6ft in the air doing a 'Leary Lookback' so i think its safe to say he was close to the end of his time at Redline then.

So yes,it it like Rattys beauty,the one with the red rattraps in Museum. :smitten:

Jim's is the later model with the brace and of course it's white and with the incorrect decals for an 84 f+f. A bloody nice set & it was nearly mine,but fell through for various reasons my end  :-\ but maybe its for the best as i'd have had to re-chrome,re decal,blah blah..

I'm kicking myself cause the correct frame went on ebay for 60ish quid buy now recently and i missed it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310020030198

I'm sure one will turn up at some stage as WetWetWet once said.."with a little bit of help from my friends"  ;D

Back on topic and to 'Subwax', i dont know him,& i'm not a member there,so i wont cold call him at OS BMX.I doubt he wants some n00b contacting him.

Thanks for relieving me of my confusion tho  :daumenhoch:

Good luck trying to find an unbraced frame set with all the stickers still on it ;)  serial number should start with 3#####
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 09:38 PM »
I dont have to worry about the decals. I have some sheets of NOS Proline decals given to me by an ex factory rider who took interest in my plight.. Just hope the adhesive hasn't gone to pot after all this time.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What is 'SUBWAX' ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx