gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Seriously time for a UK version Joe Kidd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Seriously time for a UK version Joe Kidd  (Read 2646 times)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Seriously time for a UK version Joe Kidd
« on: December 19, 2005, 05:56 PM »
 I know we've joked about it in the past, but it's still a way good idea. Once you see Joe Kidd, you'll see that the UK story has to be told.   We'll need to dig out old footage and get present day interviews from Andy Ruffell, Tim March, the rest of the racers, and all the legend freestylers from the beginning- Campbell, pepi, Stupple, Jenkins, Lewis,Dave Young, Eric Steel, Carlo, Andy preston, Irwin, Pardon etc. etc. From Olympia, BMX beat, to Holeshot, and the leisure centre days,  Then going into the anarchy scene, the downfall of UKBFA, taking to Peter Hawkins, Bernie Vincent, Mark Noble,  then through the dark years, and then Carlo, Bestwick and Tabron.
What a great plot.  Now who's going to do it???
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Seriously time for a UK version Joe Kidd
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:58 PM »
 :santa_afro:

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 06:11 PM »
simon kefford was in thre process of writing a book along those lines the last time i spoke to him.dont know what happened to it  ???

monkeybrains

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 03:46 PM »
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=4608.0 - not going to have any interviews but still only uk footage from the 80s/early 90s  :D

RADHAB

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 10:19 PM »
simon kefford was in thre process of writing a book along those lines the last time i spoke to him.dont know what happened to it  ???

What sort of book was Kefford writing??? Was it to do wiv BMX or other stuff that Mr K is into......................

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 05:27 AM »
Yeah, you guys gotta do it.  I was trying to get Mark Eaton to include more on the international aspects in Joe Kid but it was already packed.  Hey, I saw Nick Philip a couple months back in SF at the Joe Kid screening.  I guess he lives here now.  I'd be glad to get an interview and pass it on.  Don't have my own camera but I could scare one up.

yoda

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Hey Maurice, it would be really cool to get some words from Nick, as you know he was fairly influencial in the street- era.  I thought this may have been touched on in extras interview with Bob Osbourne on the Joe Kidd Dvd when he went through the Freestylin backround stuff...... I think Nick had something to do with the whole Club Homeboy thing didnt he? Anyways have a good New year!

RADHAB

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Hey Maurice, it would be really cool to get some words from Nick, as you know he was fairly influencial in the street- era.  I thought this may have been touched on in extras interview with Bob Osbourne on the Joe Kidd Dvd when he went through the Freestylin backround stuff...... I think Nick had something to do with the whole Club Homeboy thing didnt he? Anyways have a good New year!

Your absolutely right Dave, him along with the "ZOID" I have spoke to Zoid of recent and am gonna kick him into touch a bit next year and get him to a couple of meetings, might be good to get a few words from him as well....he was the mouthpeice of the Anarchic era afterall!!!!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 11:08 AM »
ok...this uk thing must deffo be done, and i think we have enough know how here on site.

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Where can i buy joe kidd then lads?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Alans might have some left Dan, I don`t know other than them  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 12:32 PM »
thanks Bill ;)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 01:28 PM »
After our generation, no-one will know anything about the beginning of BMX in the UK . It has to be documented. I agree there's enough knowledge and memories from the members of this site to put a film together. Along with old UKBFA footage, ramp jams , old news reports etc. It would be a great project in 2006 at least to ask everyone to think about and agree with what should be included....  Then I suppose ask around how to make a movie..

WizardWeb

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Apart from the Mobo awards, doesn't Andy Ruffell have something to do with video production? It'd be good to get him involved.

It'd also be a good opportunity to celebrate his brothers life and show what a real influence Neil was.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I think Andy has a tv channel in the states, but I don`t know about production of programes  ???
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

bmx7

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 03:25 AM »
It definatley needs to be done.  I'd would love to see how things got started over there.  I'd would buy it for sure!!

mike pardon

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 05:04 AM »
Hiya Guys, it all sounds good i have talked to Alan Woods about this for a while now putting a Ukbmx documentary/ film together getting all the grass roots stuff. All ther names and spots and tying it in to the present days fellas.

I have loads of old footage and so has Alan and andy preston. Unfortunately iam on the other side of the world(or fortunately if you are in my shoes). Alan is a man that can make things happen and would be very keen iam sure, iam sure we could get funding and i know an excellent BMx film maker. Surely Ruffell could help with TV contacts.
any more ideas email me asap.. all the best for new year Mike 

[attachment deleted by admin]

sadowdgit

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 11:41 AM »
you doin yer Ironing Mike???  ;D

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Mike. That's cool. So then, who in the UK knows Alan well enough to talk to him about it?I've no idea how something like this comes together. It would probably be worthwhile speaking to Mark Eaton, and maurice Meyer who did Joe kidd.

sadowdgit

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 08:14 PM »
it would'nt surprise me if Alan knew them as well!!!!

he knows everyone else  ;D

i'll see what he says next time im in hisa shop  ;)

WizardWeb

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 05:53 PM »
Having finally got my copy and watched it, there definitely should be a UK version !!  :)

andy irwin

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Hiya Guys, it all sounds good i have talked to Alan Woods about this for a while now putting a Ukbmx documentary/ film together getting all the grass roots stuff. All ther names and spots and tying it in to the present days fellas.

I have loads of old footage and so has Alan and andy preston. Unfortunately iam on the other side of the world(or fortunately if you are in my shoes). Alan is a man that can make things happen and would be very keen iam sure, iam sure we could get funding and i know an excellent BMx film maker. Surely Ruffell could help with TV contacts.
any more ideas email me asap.. all the best for new year Mike 

it must be bloody hot in that fur coat pike you must look like a surfing koala lol.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Seriously time for a UK version Joe Kidd

gfxgfx
gfx gfx