gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Supercross Cruiser It's gonna brake me
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Supercross Cruiser It's gonna brake me  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Supercross Cruiser It's gonna brake me
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Been building up this Supercross cruiser I got off Dutch Danny late last year and man it's been giving me some greif trying to get a brake that would allow the wheelbase to be as short as possible (also I've got a phobia about wheels been at the back of dropouts, it looks shit). Tried an MX901 and that was no good wheel right at the back, tried a 890 again too long then remembered about these touring bike DC centre pulls. I was real lucky to get 2 of different sizes in the same auction on egay thought I would be using the longer of the two I got but ended up using the shortest, I'm pretty pleased with the results (just need to add a sticky set of pads as the shimano ones I put in are like bricks) what do you think?

Andy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:33 PM by Bigplinky »
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

baldbmxer

Re: Supercross Cruiser It's gonna brake me
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:51 PM »
I think your passion for bikes  with to many tubes is getting out of hand and Mrs Plinky needs informimg of your condition!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:16 PM by baldbmxer »

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:33 PM »
There can't be that many of these frame sets about now Andy  :coolsmiley:

I hate wheels hanging off the ends of the rear dropouts too ... it looks totally sh!te  ???  :daumenhoch:

Steve

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:59 PM »
that back brake set up has worked well, skin wall primos would look nice on it dude, is the jp going on that? nice choice of seat n chain ring too ;) love those frames tho :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:42 PM »
I think your passion for bikes  with to many tubes is getting out of hand and Mrs Plinky needs informimg of your condition!  ::)

Says the owner of multiple Quads, a Vector and a VGC gorrilla to name but a few things with extra tubes (oh and the slingshot if you've still got it)  :idiot2:

There can't be that many of these frame sets about now Andy  :coolsmiley:

I hate wheels hanging off the ends of the rear dropouts too ... it looks totally sh!te  ???  :daumenhoch:

Steve

Well that's frame number 19 so there must be 18 more at least  :LolLolLolLol:

that back brake set up has worked well, skin wall primos would look nice on it dude, is the jp going on that? nice choice of seat n chain ring too ;) love those frames tho :daumenhoch:

Ah the brake must be alright if the Donor approves  :daumenhoch:. Most of the parts on it are tempory Daz (just so I could get a ride on it) but the seat is staying. The JP is going on my Ripper, the crank is going on the Ripper and the wheels are off my S&M.

baldbmxer

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:27 PM »

Says the owner of multiple Quads, a Vector and a VGC gorrilla to name but a few things with extra tubes (oh and the slingshot if you've still got it) 

Surely Super cross should have worked out that extra tubes dont work! The names abouve have the excuze that every one was looking for a quirky gimmick to stand out. Most of them who probably agree that the extra tubes dont work and just cause more problems. Especially VDC! and god only knows who believed that the Slingshot was a good idea!

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Hold on isn't one of your quads from the LATE 90's  ;)

baldbmxer

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Yeah, and I have to say they work! one of the best bikes i have ever ridden. You dont hear about them breaking either. The mid 90's pre fuji quad is an exception! haha, after all it was a refined version on something that didnt work. Something that was over complicated! aka to many tubes!!!!! The mid 90's pre fuji quad's tubes are so big and chunky they all sit together to form 'one big lump of tubing' - this is probably why it works.

Basically the traditional 3 triangles style bikes are the only kind that work and get the job done. Simple as that. Not as supercross have done with their left overs! They are the same peole that built a carbon and alloy frame using rivets and glue to hold the carbon tubes to the alloy joints such as the bb and headtube. FFS!  :police:

and dont even get me started on the height of the bottom brackets on their cruisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :knuppel2:

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 06:00 PM »
Your not back to work yet are you JJ  ;D

baldbmxer

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Your not back to work yet are you JJ  ;D

Tomorrow  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Supercross Cruiser It's gonna brake me

gfxgfx
gfx gfx