gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 08:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What I Miss
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What I Miss  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
What I Miss
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:02 AM »
I really miss meeting up with a bunch of mates in the woods and having some old school racing on homemade tracks that you've designed through the trees.

Proper jeans and T-shirts stuff. We used to do this all the time on the local common when I was a kid, racing through the stream and round some trees, jumping off the roots and such like. I really miss all that proper bmx stuff.

I can't jump for sh1t but I'd love to be able to ride trails. Those big jumps are really intimidating though.  :LolLolLolLol:

muttley

Re: What I Miss
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:17 AM »
We used to have good stuff like that too. We had an oval track that was cool and we just used to have races round that and try and drift round the bends speedway style  :coolsmiley:

Then when i moved to Surbiton we had what was a natrual made bmx track that was in the woods wich was cool even when it rained it was dry, had some good times there.

Now i have got Horsham trails wich i plan on hitting big time this year  :4_17_5:

Twinkle

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26 AM »
I really miss meeting up with a bunch of mates in the woods and having some old school racing on homemade tracks that you've designed through the trees.

Proper jeans and T-shirts stuff. We used to do this all the time on the local common when I was a kid, racing through the stream and round some trees, jumping off the roots and such like. I really miss all that proper bmx stuff.

I can't jump for sh1t but I'd love to be able to ride trails. Those big jumps are really intimidating though.  :LolLolLolLol:

My mum took out 2 littleuns to a track in the woods in Westkingsdown last week and mum said she couldnt work out if the kids were more fascinated by the track or the fact that myself and my brother used to ride around it as children  ;D

JT71

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:48 AM »
back at the end of the 90's we had a little dual slalom track in some woods. pretty good fun, no massive jumps, some small jumps, some doubles, but not big. it was a fast track, down a hill, and you had to watch those roots or you'd find yourself thrown into a tree.
this was mtb not bmx, but the fun is the same...except that a nice little Ds frame with 26" wheels & some 4" travel forks (which was pretty good back then) is much more forgiving than a BMX

had some good fun back in those days, but even then i was too old to be learning new tricks, so f*** knows what I'm doing trying bmx now.  :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:25 AM »
It still amazes me what i could still do at 30 and how little i can do now at 37 , sadly years of abuse to my body means bad arthritis now, but ill still keep on trying,   :daumenhoch: io mean thats what it all about, but your right zippy those trail jumps are abit scary  :shocked:

evamedia

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Sounds like you guys need to grab a shovel and build your own

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Sounds like you guys need to grab a shovel and build your own

yeah 2inches high  with a 1foot transition   :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:01 PM by ZED »

munners

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 11:02 AM »
i miss my hair. :D

Radical Mick

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 01:53 PM »
I am with you on that one zippy.

Spent whole summer holiday's building tracks, jumps etc in the woods, happy days.

I'd also love to ride trails, but the bloody size of them these days, not sure I still
have the bottle to go for it.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Been off work all week , fooking ill , bit better today, so on seeing zippys thread thought id grab some fresh air . I loaded the ripper in me car and went to a place we used to go as kids on bmx s and used by many other kids too , it was known as the W . Its in brum , solihull way, and what it is , is a wooded area , which is preserved now and there used to be some kind of castle there, many moons ago, and this castle had a moat around it , hence the area being called hobs moat, ya can still ride on it.

Have nt been there since a kid and riding round it today bought back good memories . heres some piccys (quite a few) thought ya might like to see , ya dont get the real scale of the size of the banks on the piccys , but on one i ve put me ripper half way up one of the banks , while i was standing in what would have been the bottom of the moat :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:30 PM by wardy »

donkeybambam

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 04:52 PM »
boys where have all the good old days gone

we all still :daumenhoch: miss it. :2funny:

munners still got my hair :crazy2:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 05:56 PM »
were there jumps in those pics ;D i couldnt see em

ross, dartford heath's jumps are good medium size for building you up to full on trails  :daumenhoch:

scary_leary

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15 PM »
ffs sake wardy i got the idea from the first three  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 06:52 PM »
well zippy, it seems we were all the same all over the country, making do with what nature give us, bits of track worn out of the grass, we had the coal pit hills that the bikers use to ride, there were 40ft drops that went down what seemed near vertical, probably hit 40mph at the bottom, we had no fear then.
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

spiked

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12 PM »
i remember dartford heath! :smitten: me and my two brothers used to go in summer on fridays and saturdays! but mainly i remember coming back one summers day with a partly smashed mk1 burner which was my brothers, tange forks, suntour stem and araya wheels. my brother wern't that pleased when he saw it and we didn't speak for about a week. but we still got the burner and i may build it back up this weekend. better see if its still there! :)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 08:54 PM »
we used to call it scrambling  :daumenhoch:

Me, Kirk and McNulty still do it in summer

Kirk

Andy

:) DINGO :)

Andy

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 08:59 PM »
still do it in winter too, kirk and I were riding trails on xmas eve,

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 09:44 PM »
still do it in winter too, kirk and I were riding trails on xmas eve,

are we there on Sunday then Andy?

we could get some new photos too  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

KELLOGGS

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Hobs moat Wardy, just by the ice rink. Used to thrash that BITD before we got our track at Chelmsley and got sick of the ride to wheels, probably 20-30 kids there at a time. Turns out that it is an ancient moat or something although all they found when they did some more digging a few years back were loads of empty kiwi 20/20 bottles,dozens of old rizla packets and a mountain of monster munch bags.   

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What I Miss

gfxgfx
gfx gfx