gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  route to the olympics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: route to the olympics  (Read 881 times)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
route to the olympics
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:38 PM »
right i know fook all about racing. i can get round a track o.k but don't know how it all works.

from reading a couple of other threads i'm guessing that you have to do five regional races to qualify for the british champs, what comes after that on the route to qualify for say the olympics later in the year?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: route to the olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I would reckon on you having to win everything in order to qualify for the Olympics. i.e the Brits Elite class and the National Elite title.

Going to give it a go Phil?? :LolLolLolLol:

If you do then I'll have a go as well.  :LolLolLolLol:

Get our Coyote's on the front of every magazine and newspaper in the land. :daumenhoch:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:48 PM »
What classes do they have at the olympics ?
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

oldskoolsux

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Firstly you have to hope that Great britain even gets a rider quailfying spot (which in men is looking unlikely), and if they do you need to be better/faster than our only hopefull Kelvin Batey.

Or pretend to be a woman and get better than Shanaze reade and take her place. But she is fooking fast  :shocked:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:35 PM by oldskoolsux »

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:06 PM »
zippy - it depends whether i can heckle dibly into giving me a race bike!  ;D

knowing what i know now, taking you lot on at mk on a street bike is an unfair advantage to you lot. but then maybe it'll give you boys a chance! :LolLolLolLol:

rupert

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:10 PM »
kelvin batey could still make the olympics all he has to do is be in the top six riders at the worlds who are not eligible.
its a country thing the elite riders are full on scoring points at the moment at selected races all over the world then its the top countrys plus the 6 places up for grabs at the worlds .
so if kelvin say makes the worlds semi and both semi`s are stacked with french,usa,latvia and the dutch who will all get places by the point system then the uk get 1 place in the mens race.
get behind kelvin batey he can do this he has already podiumed in elite cruisers at the worlds last year he just needs abit of luck!

he just got a 4th at a aba national in the usa against some stiff comp

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Phil one of the racers in the oldskool final of MK last year was a street rider  :daumenhoch:, he came 2nd or 3rd, i cant remember his name, he worked for g-sport or something, if you can crank at stuff and huck at jumps youll be alreet  8)

you'll have to get yourself a sketchy 1980's bike though  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:23 PM »
dirtyvans- us coyote boys have laid the gauntlet down to each other and are having a ride off on coyote bikes for bragging rights, they are all racers and i'm a street rider but i'll still take them to school on the track! ;D

dibly

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36 PM »
ttoooooo sssllllloooooooooowwwwwww phil  :uglystupid2:

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:42 PM »
ah i see  ::) sounds fun

bof

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Phil one of the racers in the oldskool final of MK last year was a street rider  :daumenhoch:, he came 2nd or 3rd, i cant remember his name, he worked for g-sport or something, if you can crank at stuff and huck at jumps youll be alreet  8)

I think i am a better  skatepark rider than a racer.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Nosepicker ben came second at MK07

dibly

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:16 PM »

I think i am a better  skatepark rider than a racer.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Nosepicker ben came second at MK07

sounds like all this street and skate park stuff is good training

Moschops

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Olympic squad all ready chosen, (well pencilled in) and to be honest most of us are old enough to be their Dad's!!!!

BCF runs what it calls a tallent team, these are likley to become the olympic riders of the future.

Anyone of the right age can have a try out to see if they could make the team, but alllas youth is king :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  route to the olympics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx