gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rear brake set up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rear brake set up  (Read 649 times)

jedi

rear brake set up
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:51 PM »
got xtr lever,shadow conspircy linear cable and evo2  brake with gussett pads.
i want to be able to lock the rear easily.any tips other than fitting a hope v2 disc brake  :)

SaMAlex

Re: rear brake set up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Fly brake, any (non V brake) lever, a well greased cable.

Fly aint cheap but they do work very very well. Im sure the evo2 or the new demolition are great as well, but I can only comment on the fly cos thats what I got.

(havin said that, I always found normal DC 990s to work great)

jedi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:57 PM »
the xtr lever works better than the oddesey lever i took off

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:06 PM »
the xtr lever works better than the oddesey lever i took off

Was the oddy one the really short one? I only think they work if your blocks/rim are very good.

A V brake lever pulls more cable through than a non V lever. Its designed to work with V brakes, they need more cable to be pulled through as they have more leverage and need more travel at the non lever end. V levers provide the brake with more cable travel, but as a result there is less power from it. The extra travel is converted to power by the V arms.

I hope that made sense, but if you say it worked better, I cant argue with that! haha.

jedi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:11 PM »
it actually works better with the  fulcrum dial out(lever can pivot down the slot)

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:17 PM »
it actually works better with the  fulcrum dial out(lever can pivot down the slot)

Ah, OK. Its a V lever but with a setting to use it on non V brakes.  :daumenhoch:

It must be that the oddy one was a bit crap and the XTR is better. No surprise there then ;D

Chrome rims always help a brake to work better .... as long as its clean and dry. No good for a wet day at the trails! haha.

jedi

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:18 PM »
demolition zero smoke chrome rim too

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:02 PM »
demolition zero smoke chrome rim too
I got one of those, my brake is a Demolition Vulcan, with a Dirt Harry lever, my secret ingredient is a Nokon cable that has TF2 teflon lube squirted down the inner regulary, Snappy  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rear brake set up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx