gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 07:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  raliegh burner mob
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: raliegh burner mob  (Read 5319 times)

SaMAlex

Re: raliegh burner mob
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 10:15 PM »
This is all way funny.

The way I see things is that about a year ago everyone on this site were happy to knock Burners very badly. They didnt really get a lookin. Then, gradually, they still get a ribbin, but in more of a playful way. Members like beard1973 have shown that you can be well into your Burners and still be a top bloke, and along with the Aero-repro, people are looking again at Burners.

ANYWAY, along comes someone who has a pop at burners with out any question of tongue in cheek, and everyone lays into him! Im not saying he didnt deserve it, its just very funny.

I think that this is RADBMX, and even tho Burners were terrible bikes, they are still BMXs and do have a place on here. And lets face it, even some of the top end bikes of the 80s actually ride like shite! (but maybe not as bad as the steel mk1 Burners)

Oh and Beard, that first reply of yours made me cough on my fizzy water!  :daumenhoch:

eloopnai

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 10:18 PM »
whats the red burner called it was my first bmx  :4_17_5: dont think mine had tuffs on it though

lodge

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 10:20 PM »
My first BMX was a Red Team Murray like this, Loved it, the mags were metal and it had a coaster.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 10:21 PM »

i love that :daumenhoch:

the bike not the lid

priv

oldboyburner

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 10:22 PM »
 :Aresehole: :wtf: what a c0ck what did he start of with.... when i was a kid , as a young lad there was only one d back silver streak all the rest of us had burners     i bet all his so called mates thought he was a c0ck

rory

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 10:23 PM »
any one who got a burner for xmas back in the day was a lucky bugger.
i got a team murray for xmas, the metal [iron] lesters  really sucked.

burners are ok in my book.
reminds me of that song

santa claus you c##t wheres my f##kin bike
all those havin a beer , feel free to rip my 81 hair style :) :)

Goose1

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 10:23 PM »
whats the red burner called it was my first bmx  :4_17_5: dont think mine had tuffs on it though

It's an Extra Burner

eloopnai

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 10:25 PM »
thats it extra burner cheers i added haro levers and ace bmx pads not sure what plate i had on it had some good times as a kid on me burner

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Cheers Alex...  ;)

Does my head in.. the Burner Bashin' is sooo last week..!!!

I know they were cr@p... cr@p welding.. cr@p geometry... weighed a tonne etc etc....

But so many of us either only had a Burner (like me) or at least started out on Burner but progressed as the sport became more serious for some riders.

For alot of us... our BMX history only ever involved riding up a plank of wood propped up on 3 or 4 house bricks while one or two of ya mates layed down like idiots asking to be crushed!!! and we did it on a Burner.... a cr@ppy raleigh burner but that was OUR Bmx...  :)

BMX snobbery is sad and very narrow minded... Burners have a place in UK BMX history and even if its as the budget bike that intoduced us to BMX then so be it... but show it some respect..

As for the guy who started this thread....

lodge

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 10:31 PM »
any one who got a burner for xmas back in the day was a lucky bugger.
i got a team murray for xmas, the metal [iron] lesters  really sucked.

burners are ok in my book.
reminds me of that song

santa claus you c##t wheres my f##kin bike
all those havin a beer , feel free to rip my 81 hair style :) :)

The Bars and Stem were Awesome and dont forget the rattling chain guard.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 10:37 PM »
My first BMX was a Halfords Turbo and as much as I loved that bike when I was a nipper, it was very much a piece of shit. Did I care then? No. Do I care now? No

I'm not bothered about the 'ribbing' either :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Well my first bmx was a hawk scorcher from woolworths  :) and i f**kin loved it  :daumenhoch:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I love that picture Moose... proper 80's...

Wish I could find the photo of me on my extra burner...  :'(

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Come on boys, step it up...   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 04:46 AM »
I think Alex pretty much summed it up. It's all old news to anyone that's been here for a long time. I used to stick the boot in for a bit of nostalgic fun but i do appreciate the Burner for what it is.

It's far from the first burner bash post and it's not going to be the last.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 08:19 AM »
sorry its old news, but just good fun to bring up again for a laugh, i agree, they do have a place, and that black and yellow team burner does look good by beard, the geometry looks right, and just goes to prove raliegh relised they made a balls with the first geometry even though they used decent parts. and moose, that halfords turbo is the first ive seen in 27years, how could a bike manfacturer get the geometry so wrong, bleedin hell, its not rocket sience. it seems you all agree they were so crap that now they are cool, and i agree, funny how things turn around,
p.s . my first bmx was in 1981 and was £150 worth of scorpion exploder crap, that i snapped in 12months, took me 12 months of delivering papers to buy, that was a lot of money then...sam :LolLolLolLol:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 08:56 AM »
sorry its old news, but just good fun to bring up again for a laugh, i agree, they do have a place, and that black and yellow team burner does look good by beard, the geometry looks right, and just goes to prove raliegh relised they made a balls with the first geometry even though they used decent parts. and moose, that halfords turbo is the first ive seen in 27years, how could a bike manfacturer get the geometry so wrong, bleedin hell, its not rocket sience. it seems you all agree they were so crap that now they are cool, and i agree, funny how things turn around,
p.s . my first bmx was in 1981 and was £150 worth of scorpion exploder crap, that i snapped in 12months, took me 12 months of delivering papers to buy, that was a lot of money then...sam :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 10:58 AM »
 :)Pickle hit the nail on the head.Personally I dislike Burners,though the Aero Pro is a tasty beast!
 Burners are a huge part of BMX history in the UK and if people want to acknowledge that,let them get on with it.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Well "carcosmet" if there's one thing I hate it's people who just write a load of insulting bollox and say they did it for a laugh when it was obviously intended to get a rise out of people - w@nker!

By the way, I didn't and still don't like Burners but I'd never criticise or insult anyone for having one. Most people had what their parent could afford and for the vast majority of us it wouldn't be a top end bike! Obviously you were a spoilt little mummies boy!
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

zed4130

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I would still love a mag burner, like mine bitd, yeah i had better bikes after it, but it was my first bmx, and yeah i sold the mk2 i had, the geometry is terrible , and too be honest i wanted a mk1, as mine was, but these are a big part of bmx history in the uk right or wrong, there is a place for the burner,   :Great_Britain:   :daumenhoch: and yep this looks like another wind up , even wasnt going to bother posting on here, but there ya go,  ::)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2008, 11:27 AM »
I LOVE BURNERS (Well burning burners >:D)

I have to agree bashing burners is so last year, I had egg on my face when beard beat me on a Burner :tickedoff:  :tickedoff:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 11:29 AM »
if burners were never made how many of us would have got into bmx??
coming from a northern pit town in the 80's in the middle of the miners strike
you were lucky if you had a burner :-[ :-[
and who the hell had even heard of geometry when they were 12 or 13yrs ???

i have a bedroom full of top end frame sets that i couldn't have dreamed of owning
when i was a kid but i do have a special place for burners :smitten:

why are we all on this site? nostalgia?

"definition"
Nostalgia: describes a longing for the past, often in idealized form.

is that not what old school bmx is all about?
id say a massive % of us had burners so look back at them with fondness
for what they were.

lmmrst

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Well my first bmx was a hawk scorcher from woolworths  :) and i f**kin loved it  :daumenhoch:
Like this then? Hubby longed for another!  :smitten: :smitten:
I had a second hand iron horse!  :'( :'( But like you say beggars couldnt be choosers! I still did tricks and broke the damn thing!  :LolLolLolLol: lis

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Thankfully I got my Mongoose before Raleigh jumped on to the BMX bandwagon with their badly designed and poorly equipped money spinner.
I have never had a problem with burner owners but with Raleigh itself, they were a world leading and respected manufacturer who abused that position by producing the burner. It wasnt rocket science to get the geometry right (or not so badly wrong).
They spent thousands assembling a great team of riders, but how many factory riders actually rode production frame sets??

Dont get me wrong the Burner is a huge part of UKMX history, but how such a shite design has become iconic beats me
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2008, 12:07 PM »
i cannot stop pissing myself at the comments, you never know, at this rate the rear engined skodas will be classic and collectable, but i bet every owner deep down knows what a piece of shit they were, and every owner will know they do also have a place, crushed into a 3ft square box.
i think we need a cool wall as on top gear, and i personaly will put the halfords turbo at the top, with the pissflap burner bike, called so because every muggy c**ts got one.
 now im going out to buy a skoda to bring down to MK08 :2funny:

R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  raliegh burner mob

gfxgfx
gfx gfx