gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Is 40+ the most competitive class in bmx racing?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is 40+ the most competitive class in bmx racing?  (Read 788 times)

mike pardon

Is 40+ the most competitive class in bmx racing?
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:03 PM »
With all the talk almost over, its nearly time for the oldies to do battle, looks like theres a lot of newbies hitting the big 40 who are up for it.
Will a new national champion be crowned this season?
New tracks, new faces, its about bloody time.

oldmankev

Re: Is 40+ the most competitive class in bmx racing?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:37 PM »
You tempted to come back and play Mike?

Twatty

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Yes MP another would not hurt..... Gonne be a great summer.....
You coming Sunday Kev? I have another 2 potential new racers coming as well to watch. Steve Jefferies who you used to race against in the MBMXA regional, (#6 SC 1984 I think), and John Watson (#3 SC 1984, but in Rob Stobs age group). 

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:56 PM »
I think 40+ will be interesting this year (a) cos it will be the biggest the class has ever been; and (b) a lot of the riders will be very closely matched.

If I can make regional A-finals and national B-finals on a regular basis, I'll be happy.

If Mike's racing, then him, Jon Moore and Tony Slater are my top contenders.

oldmankev

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Yea will be there Matt, with 16 there last time in 13+ Cruisers
looks like it will be semi finals this time cant wait, hope to do
the double after round 1 and show the youngsters how its
done :LolLolLolLol:

wussy67

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:37 PM »
yeah come on mike have another season 40+ i wanna beat you this year :daumenhoch:

oldmankev

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:20 AM »
And i want to beat you Mr Hanlon :daumenhoch:

ZippyDixon

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Dont write off John Stockwell and Mark Seaman too,gonna be some quality battles this year for sure in the 40+
    Stu

oldmankev

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07 PM »
What that old has been who works for that Groove Racing outfit
hes no threat...........only joking Boss.

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 12:37 AM »
Dont write off John Stockwell and Mark Seaman too,gonna be some quality battles this year for sure in the 40+
    Stu

There's so many in the class now I clean forgot about John and Mark being in it (even though I've been racing against them these last few weeks)  :idiot2:

Another 2 who are at the fast end of the class.

The crowds this year are gonna think they've turned up to a Saga day trip instead of a BMX national  ;D

wolfybmx

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I think 40+ will be interesting this year (a) cos it will be the biggest the class has ever been; and (b) a lot of the riders will be very closely matched.

If I can make regional A-finals and national B-finals on a regular basis, I'll be happy.

ditto  :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 11:11 AM »
I reckon that this year will see the biggest classes at the top end of the age groups. There are so many people breaking back into racing, especially through the ranks of the Old school, I just hope we get a few new faces in the OS for the summer.

Good luck all the guys going for 40+, watch out for Keith Wilson who is getting the itch to come and play, if he leaves the silly MTBs alone long enough :daumenhoch:

I might have a go at nationals cos theres no Old School :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Keith Wilson usually turns up at Hayes so I might see him tomorrow. Top bloke, top rider, first year back world number 7 in Paris. Your right Ratty he should leave those big bouncy things alone get back on his cruiser.

Tony Slater is at the top of his game at the moment, superb fitness levels, the last couple of times I've raced him he's done me. Stockwell's only just come back, give him a couple of moths and he'll be silly fast I think.

Makes me glad I'm only 34 and wont have to race in that class for a few more years.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Is 40+ the most competitive class in bmx racing?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx