gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Christmas came early
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Christmas came early  (Read 831 times)

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Christmas came early
« on: December 12, 2005, 06:37 PM »

I checked my mail this morning. Bills, bills and what's this? A Package? I haven't ordered anything. Hmm..it's from Mike Rush, Maybe I should soak it in water first. Nah, that would be a package from Greg Hill or Esser :)

I open it up and sure enough a 1979 book on BMX. I look through the book, see a few familiar faces and tracks. Lo and behold, there's a NorCal track I used to race at (Morgan Hill?) and is that squid wearing a "Bicycle Center Santa Cruz" T shirt? Are those Speedo forks, Hmm..looks like a Webco; is that?..could that be? Nah!!

I look at the back cover and there's the same picture with clearer definition and I do believe is me or at very worst a friend named Rex from the summer Santa Cruz days.

The Bicycle Center was a road oriented shop back in the day (hard to compete with Wes' BMX just down the road) I was getting into road racing around that time and used to hang out there regiously in the summer time and ALWAYS wore a short sleeve BC shirt.

Looking closer at the picture now I'm almost sure it's me.  Little wimp is putting the brakes on before the jump. I was famous for that.  If it is me, it must have been during practice since I am ahead of someone...

PS.  Mike Rush is one of the early Northern California cats.  Still has his old Champion with the forks he got from Brent Patterson.  Mike was pictured in the old magazines back in the day

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Christmas came early
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:06 PM »
cool find mate. i've still got a magazine of me just sat in the stands lol at the 85 king of the skateparks. i would'nt sell it for nowt  :santa_afro:.
dave the bmxing gypo

theRuler

Re: Christmas came early
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:40 AM »
thats dope!!

everytime i watch king of concrete on sky TV i see myself in the crowd.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Christmas came early

gfxgfx
gfx gfx