gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The Underdog Of Freestylers Are Getting Dearer...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Underdog Of Freestylers Are Getting Dearer...  (Read 870 times)

magna13

The Underdog Of Freestylers Are Getting Dearer...
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:48 PM »
One Went For £310 (i think) Now This One Usually Goes For £35 inc p+p this ones going for £55 inc p+p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aero-Reflex-frame-fork-1984-NOS-Oldschool-BMX_W0QQitemZ220197520984QQihZ012QQcategoryZ56197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

davevilla

Re: The Underdog Of Freestylers Are Getting Dearer...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:00 PM »
I clocked this sudden 'inflation' in Aero Reflex kit on the 'bay too...they are strange economic conditions we live in though...

I paid £20 for a NOS f&f a couple of months ago, based on the economic trends shown here I should be able to retire on the proceeds of selling it in August this year...or maybe not... :)

One thought...the guy who paid £310 for the complete bike might have reeeeally wanted some Acorn mag wheels?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I'm sorry to anyone who owns one but I wouldn't have given £3.10 for it let alone £310.00

I think there was a serious case of shill bidding went on to be honest.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

davevilla

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:17 PM »
To be fair I think they are OK frames - I was just looking through a BMX Action Bike from 1985 (I know rock n' roll Sunday evening - 'Kingdom' on ITV then read a 23 year old magazine) - I was shocked to be reminded they sold for £115  ;D

Maybe the Reflex' time has come... ;)

spesh

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:26 PM »
"youve gone too far this time,but im dancing on the valentine"

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04 AM »
"youve gone too far this time,but im dancing on the valentine"
/>

Oh dear!

Daz.  ;D
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:50 AM »
They represent excellent value for money at £35 in my opinion. Where else can you buy something resembling a freestyler ff, chromed in th uk for that price or anywhere near. Superb just to thrash around on without fear of knackering them and Dels decal sets make all the difference from the ones that i have seen.

davevilla

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Going back to the Duran theme - maybe a Duran-ie bought it thinking it an esoteric piece of Duran Duran memorabelia from BITD...maybe Le Bon himself bought it?  ;D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:05 AM »
Kin hell!

Looks like I'm gonna go out and buy a load of these fookers and sell them.  :shocked:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200199194725&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:37 AM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

"one of the best NOS builds he has ever seen"...  ;D

dannywhiteley

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 09:15 AM »
In fairness £200 dont get you much these days, and when many frames cost that (and the rest) somebody will happily pay it for a built bike.  It dont look too bad tbh, with white tuffs would look pretty sweet.

I sold an aero recently for £285 so it doesnt surprise me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The Underdog Of Freestylers Are Getting Dearer...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx