gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 02:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???  (Read 7016 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:35 AM »
thought it was turning into a healthy debate?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Dunno, think Tony must have deleted it?

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:20 PM »
you reckon? seems odd to start something, get it going with some good opinion/debate on it and then delete it ???

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:51 PM »

tony deleted it
haro, how do you do

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 02:56 PM »
ok then :yahoo_silent:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I think it started going all over the place rather than the direction Tony intended and although a good debate was going it looked to me as though the point was being missed.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 04:19 PM »
It was deleted before i got a chance to read it  ::)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 07:05 PM »

So who was the Bob_Acid who posted in it??  Spooky!!   :2funny: Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 07:12 PM »
How was the bay today alan? nice weather for it.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I deleted it because of the neg vibes.

I know Rad aint the moneyspinner some people think, but it is a great vehicle for publicity and done the right way we could have publicised Rad, helped a few kids on the way, and put a bit back into the sport we all love.

Dave sat where he had to, on the fence, no bad thing considering how this site goes sometimes.

I was pissed at the people who posted on the thread who did have the support that sponsorship gave them bitd.

Also those that couldnt even be bothered to chip a few quid in for rad for a site supporter tag.

A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 02:51 AM »

So who was the Bob_Acid who posted in it??  Spooky!!   :2funny: Humps

then i had to go to work and missed all the twattedness that caused it to be deleted. it's a struggle  ::)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:04 AM »
I missed it too.

Did people say they refused to pay for a site supporters tag?
I want to touch ORB

se bikes

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20 AM »
A fair few of the peeps who commented were not site supporters.

A lot of the negatives were from people who had good support BITD but seemed against the site offering support to people now, didn't make much sense :idiot2:

TBH having spoken to Billy about it yesterday i can see Rad's perspective on this, as others have said, there is generally a low take up on Rad's goodies sold, i think the last T shirt order got only 5 takers :shocked: generally peeps back the idea then dont cough up the dough and Rad and the owners have been left out of pocket in the past :(

My initial suggestion was to go down a corporate sponsorship route but as Billy said, it is not the way that Rad want to go which is fair enough.

At the end of the day there are a lot of people who back up a good idea but dont want to put there money where their mouth is i.e the supporter tag so i understand the owners p.o.v when they may be staring down the barrell of more financial loss :(

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:30 AM »
that seems like a fair summary of the situation.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
It's probably the most disappointing aspect of RAD , the fact that T shirts etc sell so poorly when there has to be approx 100-150 regular users  :( .

It's all about contribution & many are lacking in that department .

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Just an observation on the T Shirt front, why not start the design and ordering of them for MK 08 early, asap with payment in full, site ID on the back to allow peeps to decide and display "Money where ya mouth is" members..........................

No excuse then, no one should loose out if payment is made up front, longer lead in should allow a stronger take up and possibly greater buying power overall, just a thought

Shall I go back to my work laptop now :-[

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:23 AM »
And if you factor in someone doing all the legwork ,paypal ,designs sorting out the mongy requests and bothering to spend hours and hours sorting it out ,amongst peoples normal life then to make 10 quid for the site make you a tad apathetic

Rich 

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 06:04 PM »
so going back to my thoughts..charge 10 a year for membership....lock out some of the site to none payers...get rid of some deadwood along the way and have some dosh for making rad bigger and better, getting Mk bigger and better and having funds to do other projects, one of which ratty has suggested which is a good one...there are others i'm sure..

t shirts shouldnt even be considered a money making scheme, as clearly, according to testemant here, it makes fook all, and is a ballache.

charging a tenner isnt being commercial, becuase you'll be giving it back tenfold  by way a greater and more positive user envoirenment and a enhanced social calender....

just a thought ???

like i said on the original post, if someones not prepared to contribute a tenner, there not exactly in keeping with the spirit of RAD

jmho.

Jt

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 06:35 PM »
so going back to my thoughts..charge 10 a year for membership....lock out some of the site to none payers...get rid of some deadwood along the way and have some dosh for making rad bigger and better, getting Mk bigger and better and having funds to do other projects, one of which ratty has suggested which is a good one...there are others i'm sure..

t shirts shouldnt even be considered a money making scheme, as clearly, according to testemant here, it makes fook all, and is a ballache.

charging a tenner isnt being commercial, becuase you'll be giving it back tenfold  by way a greater and more positive user envoirenment and a enhanced social calender....

just a thought ???

like i said on the original post, if someones not prepared to contribute a tenner, there not exactly in keeping with the spirit of RAD

jmho.

Jt

I would back that, I paid for a site supporter icon...........the sales section should be in the paid part to stop people just using the site to sell stuff :knuppel2:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Dont Vintage do a similer thing nowadays?

Their site REALLY slowed down after they started that (post count wise)

:) DINGO :)

paul clarkson

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 07:17 PM »
whats the deal with the site suporter icons? never read anything about buying them :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I said it before, and will do again. Charging to access the site will stop new users dead in their tracks. I would not pay for a site I had never seen!!!
Perhaps the for sale section should have a charge attached to it, it seems the post popular part of the site these days :-\

After all, the sellers can always factor a couple of quid into the sale.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 07:42 PM »
tbh this is part of what we need "feedback"  ,its you lot that will or wont pay if you see what i mean.
if rad implement things that members dont like its our butts that get fried and we only do it to raise funds
for shows...rad makes no money we get no money its all for everyone our its comes of the bosses pockets or our time.
the market place area might be something to look at but it will need looking into.dan

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04 PM »
given later posts, sections open to all, like tech and resto and alike, and membership payment for sale/trades/wanted forums would raise extra dosh necessary to further 'the cause'

5 quid/10 quid the figures were hypothetical..but give someone a taster of the site, and restrict the juicy stuff, like privilidged access to some of the greatest bits for sale today and i think you would bait peoples interest and open there wallets...

ebays a con, and populated by shillbidding shuffle munsterers,and non paying muppets.

win win for everyone.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:07 PM by J.T »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 08:13 PM »

ebays a con, and populated by shillbidding shuffle munsterers,and non paying muppets.

Which is exactly what our site is becoming.  Too many a$$holes that mess people about when buying.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx