gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just My Luck
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just My Luck  (Read 570 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Just My Luck
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:18 PM »
What tale of bad luck on your bike can you remember from BITD?, apart from it being nicked. Which has happened to most of us at least once i'm guessing.

Mine for example was my mate and me started riding to Edinburgh, from Livi to Scotia BMX. Bear in mind we were thirteen and this trip was approximately 18miles there and 18miles back. Anyway, about 10 miles into the journey he got a puncture so we took of the wheel and stuffed the tyre with long grass and slowly made or way to the shop.
With me laughing and taking piss out of him on the way.Got a new tube and borrowing their tools and fixed it.

Anyway, the purpose of the trip was for me to get some new Shimano pedals for which I had been saving for months. These were to replace the KKT ones on my ET which I had wrecked. So bought pedals and bloke say do you want me to fit them for you. No its alright i'll do them when I get home I say and we set off back. By the way our parents have no idea where we are. Well about 6miles from Livi guess what happens, my fookin pedal snaps, couldnt fookin believe it. Cant get the spindle out the crank as no proper tools. So my mate gets is revenge piss taking me and sets of home to get my Dad to pick me up. No mobiles in them days and no money left to use the phonebox, spent every penny on BMX ;D. Eventually my dad turns up, gives me a bollocking for being so stupid to cycle to Edinburgh in the first place, throws my bike in the car.

All the way home I get a lecture and grounded for two weeks and he wont fix my bike until then. So two weeks late and i'm finally allowed back out. Get the bike out the shed and Dad gets the broken bit out of the crank. I get the pedals from under my bed and would you fookin believe it they have sold me 9/16 and not 1/2. :uglystupid2:

Just my fookin luck.... :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:35 PM by kuwahero »

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Just My Luck
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:54 PM »
 :wtf: no replies

luck strikes again :LolLolLolLol:

jackel

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:57 PM »
being about 0miles away from home and side hopping of an 8ft wall and my burner snapping in 2 :(
that was a long walk home with half a bike in each and ;Dyou can laugh about it now but bitd it was terminal :(

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Two things come to mind for me.

I was riding my bike through the local park and didn't realise that they had but a wooden barrier up where previously there was just an opening. I was heading for it at a fair old pace too. Needless to say I saw it just at the lat minute and tried to duck, unfortunately, it hit me on the chin and took me straight off the bike and knocked me unconscious for a while. When I came round, I had a group of people and an ambulance crew over me. My bike did not get nicked tough. Which was a blessing.

The second thing was when I was riding past Tommy Cooper's house. I usually gave it a wide berth because he was an obnoxious drunkard who hated us kids. Anyway, again, i was travelling pretty quick when he loomed out of his front door and swore at me. This caused me to swerve and skid on an oil patch. My two top front teeth met the bumper of a parked car. The teeth lost.

gossa

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:17 PM »
What a story!!!! Tommy Cooper made you loose your front teeth!!!!!! OMG, 'Just like that'!

highrisedrifter

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:11 AM »
What a story!!!! Tommy Cooper made you loose your front teeth!!!!!! OMG, 'Just like that'!

:LolLolLolLol:

When I was a cub scout I did 'bob-a-job', iif anyone is familiar with that?. One day I went to Tommy Cooper's house (before I knew he lived there) and when I knocked, the door was answered by this 6' 5" unshaven, unkempt, whisky-stinking, drunken w@nker who loomed over me and said "GWAN FOOK OFF"

I nearly shat myself and ran. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Many bad luck stories but my lightest is buying a set of aero race pants, getting home and going for a jump on a 5or 6ft ramp coming off and ripping the pants pretty bad ,god i felt like a cock
Rich

perry

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 06:11 AM »
not sure if it counts

got rained off from work one morning ( was a builder at the time ) phoned my jobess mate to see if he wanted to take a trip to newport skatepark

bear in mind we lived in brixham devon

getting there on the train was easy

a good days riding was had

sat in spoons before we headed off and i remarked how anything could happen to us before we got home

::)

got on the wrong train

and didnt realise until we had passed a lot of welsh towns and a fella sat adjacent said where we were going ( the wrong direction )

the people on that train could tell i wasnt happy  >:D

i had to be at work at 6am the next day and im sat on a train in wales , i dont think i said a single thing the rest of the night from that point on

at 12am we had managed to transfer a few to get to exeter but the only way to get the rest of the way back was for my mate to phone his dad

got back at 4am and made it to work lol

" guess what ive just done "

when we were doing many night rides during the summer a mate decided to set off in shorts , which during the daytime was fine and he commented " best idea i ever had "

when it was 3am and we were shivering in our hoodys on the seafront it wasnt "the best idea i ever had "  :2funny:   

oldboyburner

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 12:09 PM »
when i was younger i lived near 5 blocks of flats a gang of us allways used to race round these flats at the back of them they had comunal gardens with washing lines

i took a short cut one time through these gardens as i went through the gate i looked back to see if any one had seen me take short cut as i turned round there it was

washing line straight across my face

and on my ass

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just My Luck

gfxgfx
gfx gfx