gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO???  (Read 1593 times)

traffman

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 05:52 PM »
The only problem with investing in items that look as though there increasing in value is that people tend to buy these items when there probably at the peak of there value. Its being able to spot something thats on the turn....if you know how to do this then let me know and we will start a bank!

Be careful when investing , or move to Scotland where property values are still increasing healthily.
I thought about investing our 3 grand savings in dinky cars and hutch parts , but my wife would string me up by my gonads.

Twinkle

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Just so you know guys......and i aint scaring ya here. :shocked:

I trace people for banks and building societies, car finance firms too. Not nice i know.

You would not believe how many houses are being repossessed at the moment as people cannot afford to pay off their mortgages.

People have been borrowing far too much and its the banks that are to blame. We all know that so there is nothing new there. But.......... it is a mirror image of the early 90's. If the property market crashes then the UK will be in turmoil as a vast number of people have invested heavily into their homes over recent years.

I dont have savings as i have ploughed everything into my house. I am lucky that i have large equity in it but at the moment i wouldnt mind selling up and having money in the bank, going into rented accom and seeing which way the tide turns!

If i was you John i would hold tight mate.  ;)

Dont sell your house and rent whatever you do.... A friend of mines parents in their 50s sold their house when they thought they were at their peak to try and capitalise and rented ... well the house prices kept rising and rising and they just kept spending their savings on rent and then a couple of years ago he got cancer and died within a matter of weeks .... his wife is now left renting a smaller property away from her family and friends as she cant afford to buy or rent closer to them !!!!!!!!

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Investment is like gambling - the key is spread betting  :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Open a bike shop, we normally do well in a recession.......

muddstud

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I come on rad though the day and on an evening to have laugh reading that am just logging off to string myself up  :buck2: will get are lass to list my few bmx bits
nice and cheap            :angel:           

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Investment is like gambling - the key is spread betting  :daumenhoch:

i hope you mean spreading your bets and not spread betting,   if anyone does that on here please stop now !!!

i know alot of people who have lost all their money, everything getting sucked in on this, i've lost some too. dont touch it now.

Keep it in the bank or premium bonds, you never know you might just win. Cash is deff king when it comes to having a good business, rather than worrying every night, how your gonna keep the bank manager happy.

wish i had too much money in my bank account that i didnt know what to do with  :knuppel2:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Oops - yes, I meant spreading your bets not spread betting  :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 03:12 PM »
What would I do??

I'd go ride my bike... 8)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 04:18 PM »
SPOLER ALERT - I AM ABOUT TO PREDICT THE FUTURE -  IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW ( just like sport on the news) LOOK AWAY NOW

leave your money where it is...or if you have a mortgage, deffo change to an offset.

when the recession hits, which it will ( hard ), all sorts will happen...primarily,house prices will start coming off in chunks, people will panic and start worrying about all the nice things they've bought with the remortgage money, which they can no longer afford, this alone will slow peoples spending right down....

other factors to consider

petrol will continue to rise , as there isnt any more of it in the ground,...food prices will continue to rise as the cost of producing and more importantly the cost of transportion of food  increases (massively).. old tesco and sainsburies will sure as shit not be taking a hit of there profits, so we'll ge the bill and then some......gas/electric prices are on the rise so more money to find there also.....

people will look to tighten their belts...bmx parts will stop getting bought, and more will come to market as people try and cover costs within household....

even if they try not too, resistance is futile as birds will start moaning like fook, and it'll happen jsut to shut em up....

countries economies wil start to falter, the west will go to war with the middle east on all fronts ( economic and political initially) in an attempt to secure its energy, this will fail and global guerilla warfare will ensue, the west will conveniently call this terrorism to create fear and get the support it needs to continue trying to secure its energy

or has this already happened?

anyway, after that, it goes down hill pretty rapid..underdevloped countries get raped of remaining assets, goods go to highest bidders and its ever decreasing circles from there on in....cars become worthless, as no one can afford to run em anymore, food becomes a luxury as transportation companies have to increase there bills by multiples as opposed to percentages and your bmx will be your main mode of transport

me? i'm buying some high powered air rifles and going on a survival course with ray mears...and  start growing me own vegg and get some chickens....

the future is so bright, i gotta wear shades...(literally, as i forgot to mention global warming)

global meltdown here we come... :daumenhoch:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 04:09 AM »
 I've a few thousand in high tech company stocks.     totally crap since 2000. lost loads.

Now i just use  a high interest bank account. Investing in bonds gets mentioned quite a lot as a decent safe return,  but never have done.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 05:05 PM »
buy a shed load of lead , its gonna be rising yet again, a bit safer than bmx, peeps in construction need lead, ya dont need a bmx

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx