gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 08:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SLOW ON THE SALES FRONT
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SLOW ON THE SALES FRONT  (Read 1639 times)

munners

SLOW ON THE SALES FRONT
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:41 AM »
I have made a decision that i will calm down on the spending this year with BMX. Ive got one build to do and thats me done with collecting. I will always still be on RAD everyday but the addiction has to stop! :LolLolLolLol:

HOWEVER......it dont hurt to window shop.  ;)

I cant believe how slow it is on ebay with bits and bobs! Even on here people arent selling too much.

Prices are still crazy.  :idiot2:  Ive just seen a Skyway padset sold for £66 quid all in, a tuff neck seat clamp currently for £42 quid all in and a used mongoose black padset just sold for £44 all in when you can buy a complete NOS set from Biagio for £36! :shocked:

;) Nick

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: SLOW ON THE SALES FRONT
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:56 AM »
LOL Nick, you got a fast addiction it seems, with some pretty good results !!  ;)

I do not believe one second you'll only do one build this year !  :LolLolLolLol:

munners

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Ive got a 85 performer that i want to do in YELLOW. Boring i know but its a bike i always wanted.  :daumenhoch:

Mates say that i need a JMC and an ET Kuwi but i cant be assed. Im looking forward to when i can get all my bikes upstairs in my loft room and sit back and enjoy them. My garage is like a bike shop at the moment and the Mrs is getting the major hump over it.

I spent 8hrs in the garage on Saturday farting around.... had a huge row and i ended up agreeing that maybe this hobby is getting hold of me too much! I work ridiculously long hours and my weekends should be spent with the wife and kids! I do feel guilty.  :'(

I literally go to bed thinking about what would look better on this pink Ripper i am doing .... a blue Kashi Aero or a Pink one!  :uglystupid2: I even woke up this morning at 4am and the bikes were the 1st thing on my mind! :uglystupid2:

Brainwashed or what! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Nick I know EXACTLY what you mean, its like if builds aren't complete you can't get them out of your head!  :-[ My aim is to complete the frames i've got now and not be tempted by anything else out there for sometime... its hard enough getting the right parts for the stuff i've got now let alone anything new. Was even considering last night to sell a couple of bikes just so I don't keep spreading myself thin. I've even started selling some parts on eGay just to ease the cash flow and also make room in our loft (which is missus is moaning about). Got to try and control this obsession!  :knuppel2: :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19 AM »
nick all i can say is.......itchy chin    :LolLolLolLol:

munners

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Dan. :LolLolLolLol:

I swear mate. Its to the stage now where i just want to have the bikes completed and done and i honestly would be happy not to see another part around the house..... AT ALL!

Weird i know but i reckon its the only way to stop. ;)

Gorgonzola

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:44 AM »
These went cheap !?!

I was going to bid but forgot, so someone got a bargain......!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230211810043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

i think everyone is broke after Christmas, and the stock markets are crashing globally, check last nights news

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Dan. :LolLolLolLol:

I swear mate. Its to the stage now where i just want to have the bikes completed and done and i honestly would be happy not to see another part around the house..... AT ALL!

Weird i know but i reckon its the only way to stop. ;)

You sure mate? Not still feeling a bit down from Blue Monday?

I got loads of nice stuff I am gonna list next week and it would not be the same without those Munners PM's

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05 AM »

I cant believe how slow it is on ebay with bits and bobs! Even on here people arent selling too much.

;) Nick

Nick i think you'll find that all the decent items are either drying up or there being hoarded by collectors, i've noticed UK ebay
has gone crap just lately. Prices are a little down on some items but thats just the xmas effect, they'll start to
rise when the weather improves and people want to got out and ride there pride and joys.

Luckly for me i only like to collect F&F's so they take up less room plus riding for SE i've got enough complete bikes lying around
to worry about building old school bikes up too. Good way to get the misses on your side is to get the kids into racing

Jai

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23 AM »
To be honest , i have loads for sale , but am so fed up with the behaviour on here and ebay i just keep it in a box and forget about it, as its too much grief to sell it, as the tyre kickers , messers and general poor behaviour makes it a drama and a pain to sell

i can pay in installments , lol
i will have it , oh no i wont ,
i will give you 50p and no more
i will send you paypal payment with what i think its worth with no postage  and then get the hump when you send payment back
I will haggle you down as its that last piece to finnish a build ,sob story , then sell it on ebay weeks later at a huge profit

so thats why me and many others will only keep what we have and not bother selling stuff anymore

Rich 

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Grumpy  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40 AM »
To be honest , i have loads for sale , but am so fed up with the behaviour on here and ebay i just keep it in a box and forget about it, as its too much grief to sell it, as the tyre kickers , messers and general poor behaviour makes it a drama and a pain to sell

i can pay in installments , lol
i will have it , oh no i wont ,
i will give you 50p and no more
i will send you paypal payment with what i think its worth with no postage  and then get the hump when you send payment back
I will haggle you down as its that last piece to finnish a build ,sob story , then sell it on ebay weeks later at a huge profit

so thats why me and many others will only keep what we have and not bother selling stuff anymore

Rich 

That little list just about sums up selling on here. You have missed out
"Jesus fooking christ,HOW MUCH, they were only 10p last week, its people like you that are making it impossible for anyone to build bikes these days"

I just answer stupid PM's with "NO" now, which I am sure will earn me a place on the "Messors" list  :2funny:

I think after learning that there is more than just me who is fed up with the rubbish you have to put up with when selling on here, I will be even more blunt when selling stuff.  :daumenhoch:

There are a few who I love dealing with though, fuss free smooth deals and I make sure I thank them for it after  :4_17_5:

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Collecting stuff is obviously less satisfying/enjoyable than riding it.

munners

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48 AM »
For me its the aggro and time with packing it all up and going to the post office.

Ive been lucky that i have picked up some bits and bobs relatively cheap recently. Knowhere near 3 years ago's prices but enough that i would make a nice profit on it if i sold.

There are so many people making mega dough on parts on ebay that i think i may aswell do the same but then you are denying some people who are in this for the love of finishing a build the chance to get the part just because i am being greedy at setting a high BIN price. Sometimes you cant win. I wouldnt mind selling things for what i paid for them if the person is desperate. I have done so on numerous occasions.

Im either gonna sell my parts on the bay with outrageous bin prices or just wait until MK and sell the lot to a friendly face! Cash is better than paypal! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58 AM »
OK Nick, keep me in mind then if you ever sell some 83 chrome bike with a twin top tube   :LolLolLolLol:

Wish I could be a friendly face for you !  ;)

munners

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Be nice for you to come over Arnaud at MK this year. ;) you would love it and it would be nice to have a drink with you.

As for the chrome 83 top tubed bike.........i am keeping that forever im afraid. I have grown to love that bike. ;)

BUT by some freak of nature....its yours at the right price. :D

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Im into RS Fords, its exactly the same with them. Bgay has driven prices through the roof.

Hard to get bits now make a fourtune, for instance a brand new header tank for a S1 RS Turbo is going for £400/£500 on there at present. £26 when new from Fords. Same sort of money for a used uncracked dashboard & this is one thing that nearly all S1 one have wrong with them, & the list goes on & on. Is getting to the point that unless you are loaded it very very hard to get one to a resonable standard, & when you do you are scarde to use it incase some idiot drives into you, pinches it when you park it, or it brakes.

Its getting this way with the bikes, & I supose its the same with anything old, as time passes supplies get thinner & prices rise.

Its nice to pass the parts on to someone who needs the bits at a reasonable price, but the temptation of Bgay is to strong for some. Anyone got any Hutch Beartraps ???;) ;D

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34 AM »
I wonder when the eras of desirability/collectability will change?

I suspect the most avid old school collectors are currently in their late-30s to mid-40s and it's mostly 80's bikes that are collected.  I doubt it many under 30s are interested in stuff we first generation BMX'ers are/were interested in.

But at some point I suspect the focus will shift from 80s stuff (cos the generation behind us won't be interested in stuff we rode, but in stuff they rode) to 90's /00 stuff, as that generation seek to recreate their past.

munners

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42 AM »
I wonder when the eras of desirability/collectability will change?

I suspect the most avid old school collectors are currently in their late-30s to mid-40s and it's mostly 80's bikes that are collected.  I doubt it many under 30s are interested in stuff we first generation BMX'ers are/were interested in.

But at some point I suspect the focus will shift from 80s stuff (cos the generation behind us won't be interested in stuff we rode, but in stuff they rode) to 90's /00 stuff, as that generation seek to recreate their past.

Maybe, but i believe that our era was the start of bmx when it hit the big time. I know it was around in the 70's but it really took off in the 80's. Everything is retro at the moment down to clothes design, house decor and other products. It could be a FAD and people like me who got into collecting realtively late may get our hands burnt if the prices start to fall. I cant see it though as the hard core enthuisiast would always want that sought after item!

In my opinion though we are all doomed if companies like dia Compe or Shimano re-issue parts and sell them at reasonable prices! :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:47 AM »
It's already happening with the re-issued SE Racing stuff, etc.  Not saying the re-issued stuff is more desirable (far from it).  But it does take the gloss of owning the original/real thing.

munners

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:55 AM »
It's already happening with the re-issued SE Racing stuff, etc.  Not saying the re-issued stuff is more desirable (far from it).  But it does take the gloss of owning the original/real thing.

True but if SE made exactly the same f+f as the loopy ripper BITD and then stamped it with the serial number PK........... on the rear drivers side drop out then it would then tarnish owning an original. Maybe the prices would drop then as Joe average would surely go for that option rather than an expensive original. Only my opinion. There again Skyway reintroduced the TA a few years back with consecutive serial numbers from the old ones and that hasnt affected the price of the TA.  :uglystupid2:

Bloody hell.......lets just enjoy it. I dont give a fook if they are worth £15 as long as i enjoy them. Its just greedy tosspots ruining it for people with astronomical prices. But we buy it still dont we! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Collecting stuff is obviously less satisfying/enjoyable than riding it.

YEP!!

Ride ya bike(s) a bit more, or in the case of some START riding your Bikes  :daumenhoch:

keep the annorak on if its comfy    :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Be nice for you to come over Arnaud at MK this year. ;) you would love it and it would be nice to have a drink with you.

As for the chrome 83 top tubed bike.........i am keeping that forever im afraid. I have grown to love that bike. ;)

i thought you was only in it for the money nick  ::)  also gingers are banned at this years MK so i heard

munners

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10 PM »

i thought you was only in it for the money nick  ::)  also gingers are banned at this years MK so i heard

iVE TOLD YOU ONCE PETE......IM X GINGE.  :LolLolLolLol:

Ive never been in it for the money. Thats rich (excuse the pun)!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 07:15 PM »
  I doubt it many under 30s are interested in stuff we first generation BMX'ers are/were interested in.

You ed be suprised , when i first built me pro performer i took it round me mates , when i got it out the back of the van there were some young lads walking past(age 12-14) and they was all , were did ya get that from , literally all of em just gauping at it , It seemed as if they would have loved to have one just to ride it in front of their mates, i told em to tell daddy to go on internet  and build one for em , daddy probably hard heart attack when he seen some of the prices on ebay :LolLolLolLol:The o/s builds aint really known about that much , when i tell peeps my age about it , and tell em to go on ebay , there gobsmacked

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  SLOW ON THE SALES FRONT

gfxgfx
gfx gfx