gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Can anyone explain formula racing points to me please??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can anyone explain formula racing points to me please??  (Read 1845 times)

Twinkle

Can anyone explain formula racing points to me please??
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:11 AM »
Whilst at Peterborough yesterday I got very confused because they were using the formula racing points system  :-[  They had 4 motos plus their final and some unfortunate folk did a total of 7 races with run offs and semi finals  ???

What I dont understand is how do they work out the points ????  Apparently the top 3 riders in each formula go up a formula for the next meeting and the bottom 3 go down a formula for the next meeting. .... Well how can they work out points for an age group or class when they dont all race together for the series  :-[  Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm still a novice mum at this  :-[

Sharon xx

se bikes

Re: Can anyone explain formula racing points to me please??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Shazza,

TBH babe it's not about getting a regional series #1, the whole point of formula is about progressing as high as you can up the formulas to be the best from your original age group, it's all about winter training and improving against better riders.

The only way that you can really assess Nick is to look at who is from his original age group and finished where in the entire formula programme :daumenhoch:

I'll try and locate the official BCF rules on this though :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:25 AM »
Thank you xxx

I wasnt worried about where Nicholas finished I just didnt understand originally why he wasnt racing against the usual lads to be honest but found out they had gone up a formula as had raced there before  ::)

digitaltransfer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Sharon

all the info you need is on the BMXEAST site listed below

http://bmxeast.com/Raceinfo/winter_series_1.htm

regards

Russell

Twinkle

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Thanks every so much for that Russell it all makes sense now  :)  I was trying to explain it to a 5 year old yesterday and didnt have a clue what I was on about really  ;D

Thanks again

Sharon xx

KGB Matt

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 02:51 PM »
So is formula racing a reagional thing then as i have heard of it before but never seen it practiced before?

Matt

digitaltransfer

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:03 PM »
So is formula racing a reagional thing then as i have heard of it before but never seen it practiced before?

Matt

Matt when I started up again in 06 I did not have a clue but yeah it is a regional thing I spose it makes sense to get everyone in larger groups to make more intense racing due to winter rider numbers however it does have it's down sides last year I was racing 15+ Formula 1 which is fine but when they go down hard because of you being 30+ you do feel a bit bad and think perhaps they could widen the age groups, looknig at yesterdays F1 A final there were some young guns in that Tom E, Brad W, J Dalleywater ( who did really well to get there to pip Stu D in the semi !!

All goon fun and everyone enjoys the 4 motots run offs and then semis and finals at peterborough coz it is so short !!

regards R

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Yeah, it's a regional thing Matt.  Designed to pitch people against riders of similarly ability rather than age group.  So if someone is in, say, F2 and they finish top 3 at the first race, they move up into F1 for the next race, but if they finish bottom 3 in that race, they move back to F2 for the following race.  It might sound a bit confusing, but it makes sense I suppose, and discourages/prevents sandbagging.

I'm not positive about the points, but I think how it works is that for the purpose of the points/rankings, a rider will stay in the same Formula and have his/her points allocated to that Formula for every race.  So in the example above, if someone starts in F2, their points from every race will go towards an end of season F2 ranking, despite doing F2 at the first round, F1 at the second round and F2 again at the third round, etc.  It looks like East Anglia also apply a 6 point bonus/penalty system for moving up/down a class.  That's how someone explained it to me anyway.

KGB Matt

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Ok i understand now (  :idiot2: :idiot2: )

Is it only a winter thing as most replies have mentioned winter due to the lack of numbers.

I thought BMX riders were hardcore didnt realize there were that many fair weather riders around.  :LolLolLolLol:

Matt

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 03:19 PM »
So by being crap and getting relegated, does that mean I will be racing the 7 and unders next time :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

KGB Matt

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 03:22 PM »
If you do ........... watch for Nicholas in the last berm..

He'll have you there ...he allways does.  :2funny: :2funny:

Matt

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Yes Matt, it's a bit confusing.  But I suppose the goal on the track is the same (i.e. do as well as possible), so if people do the biz on the track, the points will work themselves out.

Summer series' revert back to usual classes.

KGB Matt

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Cheers Mike i've got it now.

Matt

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 03:32 PM »
I never did really get my head round formula, until Mikes explanation, cheers Mike :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Thank you for that I dont feel half as dim now  ::)

hooga1975

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 07:20 PM »
So by being crap and getting relegated, does that mean I will be racing the 7 and unders next time :angel:

You might stand a chance of winning something then Tone :2funny:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 08:38 PM »

You might stand a chance of winning something then Tone :2funny:
I would still beat you Lee

hooga1975

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 10:31 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:  Roll on Sunday :daumenhoch:

Are you up for a bit of gate practice Saturday as well?

spillers#1

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02 PM »
Be there or be square my son  :daumenhoch:

tommyshearing

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Seeing as people are chatting about, Sunday.  I wont be about as I am off to Iceland (the palace, not the Supermarket  :2funny:)

Will be about for the other rounds, sorry lads.   

Tom.

se bikes

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 07:35 AM »
You staying at the ice Hotel???

Pics please, it's meant to be fantastic :shocked:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 08:37 PM »

And in that one comment Tony you've summed up the concerns of certain people about the Formula concept.  It's fun, yes, it makes for some interesting challenges, yes, it's different, yes.  But, the potential is there for a 15+ stone rider to collide with a seven year old and ................  :D  :10_2_12:

I've raced a Formula series and dropped down two groups before deciding that I was basically cr*p and should leave things alone!!  And my Matt is a master at yo-yo-ing between groups depending how he feels on the day, even knocking himself out (literally) on the last straight at P'boro whilst leading to avoid promotion  :'( Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 08:50 PM »
You dropped down 2 groups humps....how did you do in the 40+?  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Can anyone explain formula racing points to me please??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx