gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Little warning!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Little warning!  (Read 951 times)

FAZE3

Little warning!
« on: January 20, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Back in the day I was forever injurying myself on my bike. Now a days injuries are unheard of.......until today :-[

Whilst stripping this frame back with ol nitromorse, a bloody great bit flicked up and hit me in the eye :'(

Believe me in can alf sting :D So be careful out there kids, you never know what life might through up :-\

bigtimerob

Re: Little warning!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 06:23 PM »
should have gone to spec savers !!!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 06:27 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

munners

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Bad news mate.

I was rubbing a frame down the other day with wire wool. Like a mug i blew away the filings off the frame and got a load in my left eye. Went down the hospital and got it cleaned out. Only took 20 mins but 3hrs waiting to be seen!

You should get it seen to mate. Have you ever left nitromorse on your hands! It burns like fook so i dont think optrex would do the job! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Nick, I used to rub the frames down with wire wool but Dan told me not to, as little bits of wire stick to the frame & then when he paints or powders you get little lumps in the finish  >:(

Talk to Dan  :daumenhoch:

FAZE3

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 06:50 PM »
An eye full of metal filing's that sounds even worse :P

So whats the best way to prep the frame for its new super paint coat then?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I think he said wet & dry or emery cloth  :-\

steve Beech TA

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:30 PM »
I THINK THE BEST WAY TO GET THE FRAME PREP DONE IS TO GET SOME OTHER F----- to do it :daumenhoch:

selfpreservation

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 12:25 AM »
you should always wear goggles and gloves and long slieves when working with haz chemicals keep skin covered up your lucky it wasnt caustic soda ,do yourself a favour , read the instructions if your not familiar with the chemical

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Little warning!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx