gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 12:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  removing brake mounts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: removing brake mounts  (Read 1078 times)

paul clarkson

removing brake mounts
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:03 AM »
thinking of having my robinson cruiser powder coated, if i do i am going to remove the brake mounts and cable guides . whats the best way to get these off? grinding and finish off with a file? would i have to finish off with wet and dry so no marks will be seen once powdered?. thanks

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: removing brake mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:20 AM »
get a few pics up of the model
as chopping it about might kill it.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:21 AM »
spot on you answered your own question, just use production paper to sand frame before you use wet and dry or you will be rubbing for ever, first use 80 grit 120 and so on until frame is scratch free...just as long as you don't de -value frame as danny pointed out ???
British race frames and race clothing wanted

paul clarkson

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31 AM »
dont know much about posting pics but the frame is a 95 robbo cruiser in chrome. there is a picture of it under parks tracks and gatherings page 9 under notts old school classic pics. thanks

paul clarkson

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:19 AM »
been having a measure of the brake bridge. does anybody know if a caliper brake will reach the rim if i do grind off the brake mounts? it seems a little  tight if it will or not.advice please :-\ :-\ :-\

bof

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:37 AM »

Paul is this the robinson you are talking about, if it is I remeber having a look at it at Notts and thinking what a sweet bike it is. Please do nut cut the lugs off it might make it old shool legal but would be sacrilige in my mind. :)

paul clarkson

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:24 AM »
thats the one thanks for the comments  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  removing brake mounts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx